Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worgen Human Form

I know there are several topics around about this but since most of them end up in arguments about if the worgens are really humans and you can't really find any interesting info, I decided to make a new one.

Since the Alpha client has been out for a while now, does anyone have any info about whether you can customize the human form of your worgen or not?

I've read around some older posts from Blizzcon, and there was some dude saying that you start out by customizing your human and at level 6 you're taken back to the character creation screen to customize your worgen. Is that true? Does anyone have any idea?

Without wanting to start another "debate", it would be stupid (IMO) if we had some random human form...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Worgen Human Form

i guess you wont be able to customize your human. It will change depending on how you model your worgen at the character creation screen ;D
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Green
    i guess you wont be able to customize your human. It will change depending on how you model your worgen at the character creation screen ;D
    Blizzard Specifically stated the Human form would be Customizable as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart
    That would be even better
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

10+ Year Old Account

my guess is
    your first 1-10 levels you're worgen then after a certain point in the phasing system or level when you become human, you automatically get the human character creation screen brought up to choose hair/skin/face etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart
    Care to provide a link for that? I've been reading unconfirmed stuff like that all around the internetz...

In before "They have a human form?"
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Quote Originally Posted by krystals
    dude if you could customize it what would be the point of normal humans
    Worgen can't be Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUBEZ
    my guess is
    your first 1-10 levels you're worgen then after a certain point in the phasing system or level when you become human, you automatically get the human character creation screen brought up to choose hair/skin/face etc
    i thought it was the other way around cause i heard u start out as a worgen, get a potion at lvl 1 to give you back your human form and then at lvl 6 or 7, you get the worgen from back
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

my guess is
    Flip this around.

It seems Worgen players don't start infected with the curse. My first thought is maybe they customize their Human form first, then later on when you're infected, they allow you to customize your Worgen form.

Quote Originally Posted by krystals
    dude if you could customize it what would be the point of normal humans
    You can't fight anything in your human form due to being feral, (automatically change back into a worgen during combat).

Now try playing WoW without fighting so you can play like you're a human character... Yup, didn't think so; you just can't play a worgen as a human character, since you'll always be forced into worgen form anyways.

The form changing can only really be used for RP purposes, so I don't see a problem with being able to customize each form. (though I can't confirm whether you can or not.)

Wait to beta and we'll hopefully find out
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    They do. The movies about the leveling area start with the player character in worgen form being trapped by the other gilneans and deciding wether the player character can be salvaged or is completely feral and needs to be put down.
    They don't. That's the levels 6+ stuff that was shown at Blizzcon (I was there and played it ).

They start as human and help defend Gilneas until being cursed and ending up in the predicament you mention. There's even an alpha screenshot around here of part of the defend Gilneas quest.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chilico
    Flip this around.

It seems Worgen players don't start infected with the curse. My first thought is maybe they customize their Human form first, then later on when you're infected, they allow you to customize your Worgen form.
    this can't be logical, cause in character creation screen you're worgen so then they'd slap your human form character creation screen right after you selected your worgen looks

Either way, I doubt they're concerned with that for Alpha. Gameplay before cosmetics, etc. It's probably something they'll put in in a later build.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmia
    Worgen can't be Paladins.
    aaand humans cant be druids...now your point being?
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    aaand humans cant be druids...now your point being?
    A wizard did it, and at the same time, didn't do it.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

my guess is
    Nope, other way around. 1-5 you'll be a human fighting off the worgen in gilneas (according to the phasing stages of gilneas it happens before the greymane wall is shattered), then you'll do some sort of heroic last stand against them (probably while defending Genn Greymane and co and allow them to escape or something), and get the worgen curse yourself:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72794/transforming/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72788/last-stand-complete/

After that you'll wake up in stocks in worgen form as seen at blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlodo
    Nope, other way around. 1-5 you'll be a human fighting off the worgen in gilneas (according to the phasing stages of gilneas it happens before the greymane wall is shattered), then you'll do some sort of heroic last stand against them (probably while defending Genn Greymane and co and allow them to escape or something), and get the worgen curse yourself:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72794/transforming/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72788/last-stand-complete/

After that you'll wake up in stocks in worgen form as seen at blizzcon.
    Sounds about right from what I heard. I'm eager to play it out myself.

this can't be logical, cause in character creation screen you're worgen so then they'd slap your human form character creation screen right after you selected your worgen looks
    Well, just selecting both at the beginning would also work.

I don't think Worgen OR Goblin character creation is quite finished yet.