Thread: starting to pve

starting to pve

Hi everyone,i have been reading mmochamp forum for a while, and today i decided to register.
    I always pvped and did not care about pve/raids. Now i would like to start but i have no idea where or how to. Is there a subtlety pve spec (with daggers possibly)? At the moment I am full wrathful, should i pve (raids, hc) with wrathful pieces and wait until I win some up to date pve pieces or take pve items with triumphs?

Feel free to give me any advice, even about how to play subtlety pve spec.

Re: starting to pve

I've heard that combat / mutilation spec are best for rogues and u start in Toc I recommend u to get some fake achivment addon so u can join the raid or make 1 on your own, and also, do as many heroics as u can and get PvE gear, hit cap, expertise and that stuff.

Gem and enchant and .... talk to the next person

Thx for the answer, i will start with Toc. Waiting for some epic person to give me a working subtlety pve spec :'(

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
    Thx for the answer, i will start with Toc. Waiting for some epic person to give me a working subtlety pve spec :'(
    Working? Sure.
    Viable? Not really. Your damage will be a solid 30% lower than it would be as mut/combat.

Some info if you've got your heart set on sub:
    Should be using a 5 CP Rupture in conjunction with Shadowstep, and Eviscerate when Rupture is still up. You should also have points in Blood Spatter.
    I'm 99% certain that you never use Backstab.
    I found 10/9/52 with 1 point in imp SND to work best. Filling HAT to 3/3 seemed to give best results too, not just because of the bugs some people are talking about.

The cost of weapon swapping is around 100 dps, and the difference between dagger-hemo HAT and axe-hemo HAT is around 120, so without playing it myself, my wild guess would be that I would not bother playing with a slow mainhand and then worry about weapon swapping before a shadow dance. I would just stick with a dagger.

The value of hemo is around 250-300 dps; do not forget that when comparing your dps with that of other rogues.

As for shadow dance, key is to pool energy before it and squeeze in as many ambushes as possible, if done right SD is worth around 700 dps above the regular energy use.
    Both very valuable pieces of advice from EJ.
    Your spec would look something like This

I'd read in depth from the EJ thread from about this point on: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t38187-d...ecromancy/p50/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I would say that you should try and change to Muti, does the best overall DPS and assuming you got the wrathful daggers youll do great. Though if you like Sub the best try to stick with it if you dont fall down on the DPS meters.
    Bare in mind that Sub has a really hard rotation compared to Muti

for heroic farming i dont think it will help you really...
    go for VoA 10/25 and try to get 2 t10 pieces ASAP
    Do all the daily quests and weeklys for frost emblems and buy the Frost belt and trinket
    Aside from that go for ICC 10/25 pugs for some experience/gear it will help if you know some of the people starting the group too, and if you read the tactics youll surely do your task without a problem

Idk what more to tell you about it, hope it helped

P.S.:
    Also if youre cool on cash:
    Craft the Footpads of Impending Death (5 Saronites) http://www.wowhead.com/item=49895
    Buy from AH the Wodin's Lucky Necklace (+-6k) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50452
    Buy from AH the Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder (+-10k) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50001
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

Spec mutilate, it is easy. Wrathful has good gearscore, so you should be able to get into pugs easily.

15+ Year Old Account

Been running heroics lately on my rogue as sub, feels alot like playing a feral cat druid :P

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Spec mutilate, it is easy. Wrathful has good gearscore, so you should be able to get into pugs easily.
    Or Combat, but that depends on your weapons, i guess as Subt your using daggers atm, so, muti will fit better.