Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Azuremyst Isle, Eversong Woods and Northrend: Beyond Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah
    Well I'm sure Eyjafjallajoekull will erupt on Northrend preventing anyone from flying in Azeroth untill they have learned Volcanic Ash Flying.
    win

Well about Exodar/Az.Isle and Eversong Woods..damn they could have added some minor flooding/erruptions/GAZERS!/ or idk something with weather changing,like the bottom of Eversong could be a bit more autumn-ish due to..idk,ashes in sky that would block the sun beams therefore leading to ..again,add anything in there...also about Northrend..they could have melted Dragonblights shore at least,covering up the land for Archeology things,nothing big, just melted shore and 2-3 quests about Tuskarrs going crazy about things..thats all.
    Oh on Exodar,it`d be logcal of earthquake would ''push-up'' the ship from ground revealing some new things -adding few quests wouldnt delay release exp. by weeks ?!
    Also, could we get some minor/major eathquakes in heavily damage zones,like big lava and ash..erruptions from underground?!

Quote Originally Posted by Judaas
    No I didn't. Vanilla to WotLK is in chronological order. Vanilla is gone. Cataclysm to TBC to WotLK is not in chronological order. It made sense before. Now it doesn't.
    Again, this isn't a question about developers being lazy.

This is a question of lore consistency and it still doesn't make sense to have to level through Cataclysm - go to Outland - go to Northrend - back to Cataclysm.
    And that is the price to pay when a developer upgrades the look of the first iteration of the game. They can just update it but that would take a lot of time, almost as much as changing things with no changes in quests and no real landscape changes. This is just a matter of gameplay trumping lore. I don't really understand what you would want Blizzard to do to solve the timeline issue. Outland and Northrend are still there for level 60 to 80, they either remove the content, which isn't likely or they make you travel back in time, or they do nothing and let roleplayers make up their own story.

Northrend was just created.... why would they destroy it... its not like you are going there again except to levelup some alts, the TBC zones are a different story tho =P
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Elderer
    Well about Exodar/Az.Isle and Eversong Woods..damn they could have added some minor flooding/erruptions/GAZERS!/ or idk something with weather changing,like the bottom of Eversong could be a bit more autumn-ish due to..idk,ashes in sky that would block the sun beams therefore leading to ..again,add anything in there...also about Northrend..they could have melted Dragonblights shore at least,covering up the land for Archeology things,nothing big, just melted shore and 2-3 quests about Tuskarrs going crazy about things..thats all.
    Oh on Exodar,it`d be logcal of earthquake would ''push-up'' the ship from ground revealing some new things -adding few quests wouldnt delay release exp. by weeks ?!
    Also, could we get some minor/major eathquakes in heavily damage zones,like big lava and ash..erruptions from underground?!
    I agree. A few minor changes to former expansions would make this more feasible. Just give us something to allow more a more fluid shift from expansion to expansion.

It's like in the movie starring Aaron Eckhart "Thank You For Smoking" when they are discussing product cigarette product placement in a spaceship movie. "Wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?" They simply suggest adding one line to the movie - "Thank god we invented the whatchamacallit machine that let's us smoke on spaceships."

It's that simple. Just one line. Make it make sense.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

To all those people saying the Draenei and Belf zones won't be affected, don't be ridiculous. They absolutely have to be updated, if for no other reason than to make them flyable. Please remember this is Alpha, and not all the zones have been done yet, or are finished yet.

The Draenei can't possibly start with "One month ago..." and the Blood Elves are no longer fel-addicts like they were when BC began.

I personally hope they bring the Draenei areas and Quel'Thalas into the 'old world' so that they are seemless and flyable, if they are worried about people without bc going there, just phase out all mobs and npcs or something.

This is Alpha, it's not finished, lots still to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shidaku
    or they make you travel back in time
    Bingo! You got it!

It's a gameplay trumping lore situation, and it's not like there is a stipulation that every zone has to be hit by Deathwing and the Elements, heck, to be honest there are zones being unchanged completely except for manmade structures.

Desolace: No cataclysmic changes, the revitilization of the land is due to druidic magic.
    Trisfal Glades: Nothing but the Forsaken rebuilding and fortifying the area
    Durotar: A bit of flooding caused by a river swelling, but that's it.

So Azuremyst and Silvermoon will be untouched by the rupturing of the elemental planes, they're not alone. As for Northrend... ehh, just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbot
    It's a gameplay trumping lore situation, and it's not like there is a stipulation that every zone has to be hit by Deathwing and the Elements, heck, to be honest there are zones being unchanged completely except for manmade structures.

Desolace: No cataclysmic changes, the revitilization of the land is due to druidic magic.
    Trisfal Glades: Nothing but the Forsaken rebuilding and fortifying the area
    Durotar: A bit of flooding caused by a river swelling, but that's it.

So Azuremyst and Silvermoon will be untouched by the rupturing of the elemental planes, they're not alone. As for Northrend... ehh, just accept it.
    But what about going back in time to stop the Burning Legion and the scourge with no reason other than you bought an expansion?

But what about going back in time to stop the Burning Legion and the scourge with no reason other than you bought an expansion?
    Why is Gryan Stoutmantle in two places at once? When you're in classic, it doesn't mention going to the Outlands unless you go to the NPC outside the portal, when you're in BC, it doesn't send you back to deal with Arthas. They are self contained events, and if you need a lore reasoning for cata, i'm afraid you'll have to simply ignore those events as self contained stories from the recent past, and once you're finished leveling through them, you continue with the progression you had in the new leveling up world.

If you're hoping to only access northrend and BC in the caverns of time, i'm afraid it's unlikely for them to address it. There's a couple ways to address it.

1st (my choice): BC and Wrath have happened, but the regions are still in conflict and my character will go to assist. This will be needed as training to come back and face the elemental forces and deathwing. Some ignoring of events and NPCs not being there or alive is needed.

2nd: Time warp from 60 to 80, just ignore the two zones and their events completely, you never went there.

Actually thats all I can think of at the moment, but they're both viable. Just remember that both Northrend and BC are self contained storylines that have no bearing on the old world outside of one time events.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbot
    Why is Gryan Stoutmantle in two places at once? When you're in classic, it doesn't mention going to the Outlands unless you go to the NPC outside the portal, when you're in BC, it doesn't send you back to deal with Arthas. They are self contained events, and if you need a lore reasoning for cata, i'm afraid you'll have to simply ignore those events as self contained stories from the recent past, and once you're finished leveling through them, you continue with the progression you had in the new leveling up world.

If you're hoping to only access northrend and BC in the caverns of time, i'm afraid it's unlikely for them to address it. There's a couple ways to address it.

1st (my choice): BC and Wrath have happened, but the regions are still in conflict and my character will go to assist. This will be needed as training to come back and face the elemental forces and deathwing. Some ignoring of events and NPCs not being there or alive is needed.

2nd: Time warp from 60 to 80, just ignore the two zones and their events completely, you never went there.

Actually thats all I can think of at the moment, but they're both viable. Just remember that both Northrend and BC are self contained storylines that have no bearing on the old world outside of one time events.
    I completely understand your reasoning. This is something I'll have to do as well, but I just think that we should be given some reason for going back to former expansions besides, "I need to get to 80."

Your example of Gyran Stoutmantle is like that of Hemet Nessingwary being in Outland and Northrend at the same time. Well, chronologically he isn't. You level through Outland and kill a bunch of beasts for him, then you see him again in WotLK never expecting to go back to TBC. Chronologically, it makes sense.

This is the first time we've had to ignore the natural flow of history and it's a bit unsettling for me and you can see how this would be confusing to a new player starting after Cataclysm is released.

Can someone explain why Deathwing's emersion isn't affecting Azuremyst, Eversong and Northrend?

These are clearly located on Azeroth.

I understand that dev teams can't change Northrend because it's a relatively new area, but from a lore perspective, it just doesn't add up. If Deathwing can sunder the planet on two continents separated by miles and miles of ocean, why isn't this affecting Northrend as well?
    He doesnt have cold weather flying...

BADUN TISH!
    Geeza aka Parilla

10+ Year Old Account

This is still EARLY EARLY EARLY EARLY alpha, who says they won't add in some random effects to they Myst isles and the Belf starter zone, tweak the quests to show it, whatever. You can't read their minds.

Also, as to the flow of history, truthfully, 1-58 -> 59-68 -> 69-78 -> 79-85 will be the flow of history. You'll level, hit outlands, hit northrend, then come back to cata and be like "Zomg, this is like, months after i leveled at the beginning and i must go help these people in these new zones because they need my mighty expertise!"

Or something.
    i just woke up.
    blah.

Well what I find weird is that they haven't made any changes to silvermoon. Like making it "flyable". When u fly over it in the alpha you get all the invisible walls and can only see parts and what not. I figured if they were gunna change parts of it they'd have started already. So I have no idea what they are planning with these areas. IMO they should just blow up silvermoon and make the exodar fly away sicne no one goes there anyways. lol jk.... kinda :P

Deleted
    ether that or Blizz are to lazy to update areas that are a part of the game .

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many more threads we're gonna get about this. Some people seem completely inept at following news and reading blues.

The timeline is a little broken. Deal with it. It was bound to happen sooner or later and the time travel thing is such a cop-out and convoluted I'd much rather they just stick to things being a little messed up.

Also keep in mind a lot of the revamping is also to improve the questing experience from the original vanilla setup and the BC starter areas already have superior questing layouts from Blizzard learning from their mistakes.

What would be really good though is if Blizzard integrated the Blood Elves and Draenei into the world more, beyond their starter areas. Koltira leading the Horde in Anderhol is a good start here but there's still a lot more that can be done. We'll just have to wait and see though...

They'll have to in my book, the timeline will be an unacceptable mess!

I start a Draenei Character:
    "one month ago, big crash etc" Hi Nelf, we're Draenei wanna be friends, also kill Demons and Belfs, help furbolgs and something with Black Dragons.
    Ding, level 20! hey why don't you go to Auberdine?
    <Boat trip>
    OMG Auberdine is gone while I was on a boat we went 5 years into the future and the world blew up!
    <fast forward to level 50>
    Hey, it's the Not-so-much-plaguelands since the Lich King's dead.
    <fast forward to level 60>
    Welcome to Outland, Help us kill demons and Illidan quick! also Naga, Belfs and some other space stuff.
    <fast forward to level 70>
    Welcome to Northrend! guess what, the Lich King isn't dead and still doing stuff we don't like.
    <fast forward to level 80>
    Where the hell have you been! have you forgotten the world blew up and there were Elementals and Dragons everywhere?
    I'm sure you would have noticed that between level 20 and 60.

Anyway, there would be too many timeline F-ups I can understand they won't change the looks of it all but some quests definately need changing.
    simply put:
    - Draenei have been there for a while, no more cleaning up the mess, Belfs are fine I bet there are still quite a few in the Legion anwyay.
    - Less Scourge in the Eastern Kingdoms, some freeminded but still evil Scourge lords in the Plaguelands and Northrend seem logical.
    - No more Arthas in Northrend unless you come up with some explanation why Arthas still shows his face, also at least a cinematic to show the jump in time for DK's
    - a good reason to actually go to Outland, why would anyone go there when their own world just blew up?

It's more work, but will definately improve the immersion and overall feel of levelling.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling up in cata is going to be weird lore wise.

Go from 1-58 experiencing in cata lore dealing with the cataclysm only to go 2-3 years into the past to fight illidan in outland. Then travel a few more years into the future to fight the LK only to return to your original "timeline" and deal with deathwing.

Im confused.

Remember it's a game.

Wotlk expansion is in another timeline, it just makes sense since if we would volcanoes and other signs of the cataclysm it would make no sense that all quests are about this "Lich king" when he is infact dead at the cataclysm time period. If you can't accept this fact I can understand why you don't understand why northrend stays intact.

For Belfs and dranei starting area however they could use the same argument as wotlk but it's still beta so it may change you know.