Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dalaran new Shattrath?

Im wondering what will happen to dalaran when cata comes out.

Currently shattrath is only a place where ppl teleport to when they have bussness in outland, nothing more.
    Will the same happen to dalaran? Will it become a ghost town?

/discuss

Re: Dalaran new Shattrath?

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Well with no portals to other cities in the faction capitals, then im gonna say n. People will still use dal for porting.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope so, i miss shattrath, it was nice and big. People were spread out and in dalaran people are stacked on each other on a busy day.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Unless they throw up portals in Org and Stormwind, it will get some use.

Sadly. I want it to return the way it was on release... just a bunch of level 71 mages, and maybe a few stragglers. No fucking paladins.

Didn't Blizz stat there will be no hub like Dalaran in Cataclysm?

So if thats true then no Dalaran will be more useful than Shatt

I would go there whenever I feel the need to dable in forbidden magics, for now I long to scalp some orcs and blood elves outside Icecrown citadel. Axe now, boredom later.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Since I am an engineer... I will probably keep Dalaran as my Hearth "IF" it becomes vacated.

Quote Originally Posted by Terragh
    Unless they throw up portals in Org and Stormwind, it will get some use.

Sadly. I want it to return the way it was on release... just a bunch of level 71 mages, and maybe a few stragglers. No fucking paladins.
    Oh man I remember the day Wrath came out. In vent I hear "FLAME, COME ITS WICKEN N DARES ADVENTURE TO DALARAN, WE CAN MAKE IT FLAME N WICKEN N DARES ADVENTURE TO DALARAN".

So 3 70's start walking to Dal. We get to Crystalsong and we're like "wtf where's dal", and then... we realized...

So I'm like "fuck this im making a DK" as I hearthed to Shat.

OT: I'd rather use Shat instead of Dal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Well, you can't say it isn't normal.
    You will see guys that want to be in Dalaran without lags. A lot of guys. I don't remember Dalaran without lags and 1-5 FPS, that would be shocking!!

They should upgrade the portals in Shattrath to include Dalaran, CoT (without rep) and upgrade the PvP vendors. Essentially make it the equal of Dalaran. Both nothing to do with Cata progress, but both great places to hang out and use as a travel hub.

If they're equal portal hubs, the server load will be spread too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

I think Dal/shatt will likely be most people's hearth locations, each city has portals. Since no hub will be in Cata, it's likely you can choose which one, or make it like vanilla and use boats between continants, or fly everywhere else.

My guess is Dalaran is still going to be the go to place....at least for ports anyway.

*starts walking to Orgrimmar* 8)
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

Shatt only became a ghost town because Dalaran did everything it could and did it better.

As long as it has the portals to major cities, a portal to the Caverns of Times, and those high level profession trainers, it'll still be useful.

Deleted

They said that Deepholme would have portals, so I think yes.

Didn't you hear that Dalaran is flying back to the Alterac Mountains and reseating itself in the ground?

Now thinking about it, that would be sick, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Missfit
    They said that Deepholme would have portals, so I think yes.
    It has portals, yes, but it's not a town.

10+ Year Old Account

unless they update the trainers in the cities to the level of cata, then yes it will be a ghost town...if u can only still learn professions to 300 in ORG per say, you will still have to go to dalaran
    Warrior For Life

Blizzard already said that Deepholm will be the new quest hug / portal town

If your not questing in Dalaran, why would you have your hearth set to Dalaran? I think the reason why SHAT and DAL became hub cities are because from them you could access your bank, gbank and AH with fairly minimal travel.

In Vanilla, my hearth was set to Menthil Harbor. One FP away from IF, 2 FP's away from MC/BWL, and one boat ride from Ony. Sure getting to ZG was a PITA as well as AQ10/40, but it wasn't unbearable. I think in CATA at 85, this may be the go to zone.