Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Blood Elves Join the Alliance

the elf that you probably saw was a high elf, not a blood elf. blood elves are those who followed Kael'thas after the scourge destroyed Quel'thalas. but not all of them did follow kael, some still stayed loyal to the alliance, and those are the silver covenant you see in dalaran.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo
    the elf that you probably saw was a high elf, not a blood elf. blood elves are those who followed Kael'thas after the scourge destroyed Quel'thalas. but not all of them did follow kael, some still stayed loyal to the alliance, and those are the silver covenant you see in dalaran.
    Okay enough of this, the npc has been there for a long time, and is NOT A HIGH ELF OR A BLOOD ELF!!! The dude is purple with a big beard and big arms, he is a f'cking night elf, so stop already >.<

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.
    I guess that makes you either blind or just not too clever, since the conversation between the NIGHT ELF magister and the night elf sentry is all about him looking at the moonwell, thinking about ages past, he mumbles a few words about how the night elves might need to go back to their old arcane ways, and that is it. Nothing about them wanting to join the alliance, nothing about blood elves, nothing....... sigh

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mentioning blood elves joining the alliance (and naming your thread after it) is probably why everyone didn't answer your question. You know, the one you tacked on at the very end of your post and had to clarify in a later post because people read the first couple of sentences and the thread name and thought you were an idiot. It's a very understandable conclusion to make.

As to your question, there's plenty of cases of that happening. Since Cataclysm doesn't happen in a new universe, they're going to include a lot of things happening in the world right now that get affected by it. Go log in and look around, you'll see something affected by the cataclysm.

At the OP, there is another instance of this happening in tauren bluff, as a way to explain tauren paladins/priests. Pretty much exact same layout. And everyone is right, thats not a blood elf, or a high elf, its a highborne. Its a way to explain night elf mages in cataclysm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.

He is highborne, the highborne were shunned from the night elves after the sundering, the issue states that the highborne want back into the alliance, Highborne=Night elf mages, thus why we get nelf mages in cata.

He described something using incorrect terminology
    Yall obviously know what he's talking about since pretty much everyone corrects him in the rudest way possible

and yall say HE is the troll

Not everyone knows every little tidbit of the game, and it rude, indecent, and inhuman to attack someone just because they dont know some obscure bit of lore whos only precence in game is in a few quests in Darkshore, and a dungeon no one ever goes to.

--------------------------
    Since i'm the only person -with a soul- here, i will answer the question.

Yes, it seems blizzard is wanting to bleed in some of the class changes. The Highborne are seeking to come back to their people and will presumably be the Mage trainers(despite the fact that so many people on the forum dont realize the pages of lore behind the "WTFNEMAGES?!")

Several undead (though destinctly high elven) "Dark Rangers" have appeared here and there. I believe there is one stationary in dalaran sending adventurerers to Our Lady, Sylvannus, one who walks around the city, and another who walks around the middle of Undercity. Though she cannot regain her life, it seem she has decided to teach some of her people her own skill.

There is a lone tauren in the portal area of the horde district in Dalaran who sends (high level?) adventurers to give a shield back to an injurered warrior. Though the quest itself has nothing significant, if you wait and pay attention to the conversation, the warrior speaks about Actively fighting in the war against the undead (whilst, though tauren adventurers have fought in northrend, the Tauren havent been very present in the fight, presumably because of some "death is a part of nature" ideal in Tauren beliefs.) She wants to inspire people to take up arms against the evil and fight. her warrior skills and intent on bringing hope to those with despair make it rather obvious she will be one of the first Sunwalkers (the official name for the future Tauren paladins)
    she converses with a friend of hers who entertains her with his musings. about how the tauren have payed to much attention to the night elf teachings of the balance of nature, the people who pray to Musha, the moon. He cant help but feel that they arent keeping the balance since their druids do not seem to focus at all on Ashne, the Sun.
    Its rather obvious he shall be one of the first "Priests". those who use Ashne's warmth to bring hope and healing to those in dispair.

Quote Originally Posted by SobeBauxite
    Mentioning blood elves joining the alliance (and naming your thread after it) is probably why everyone didn't answer your question. You know, the one you tacked on at the very end of your post and had to clarify in a later post because people read the first couple of sentences and the thread name and thought you were an idiot. It's a very understandable conclusion to make.

As to your question, there's plenty of cases of that happening. Since Cataclysm doesn't happen in a new universe, they're going to include a lot of things happening in the world right now that get affected by it. Go log in and look around, you'll see something affected by the cataclysm.
    the only reason someone would think someone was an idiot because they have some of their lorestuff wrong is if they where a jerk anyways.

if someone has some lore wrong, you point em in the right direction. not call them an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account

/pulls out a shot gun

whos joining the alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Hey guys I heard Taurens are going to become enemies of the Horde because I killed a bunch in Dustwallow Marsh. True / false?

he's from Dire Maul. blood elves aren't joining. night elves mages however, are.

i can understand the confusion though
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I think this entire thread is a troll since no one answered my question. As the replies here illustrate there was no way that I was going to win no matter how I described him since no one here can even agree on what he is.

However, his nature was not my question, nor did I ask why he was in Darnassus. I want to know if there are any other cases where the Cataclysm lore (whatever it is and how ever you describe it) is played out like that currently in the game.

Now, please go back onto your ADHD medication and answer the question. Please.
    in thunderbluff they have the same thing in the elders rise (i think its elders) where the druid's are, they talk about how the NE druids call upon Elune, and how some tauren have found a way to call upon the sun instead of the earth... as for specific events, im sure alot will happen come 3.x (cata impliment patch) but for right now no those two are really the only ones. hope that helps a little
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    i can understand the confusion though
    Really? :P

Something as important as an entire race faction swapping would be a bit more discussed on the front page :P also the Belf additions to Undercity would be somewhat pointless.. Plus we'd have to swap them something for the Belves.

You can have the gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Highborne explaining why the NElfs should accept arcane magic. That's the reason that NElfs can be mages in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast

You can have the gnomes.
    and ill be punting them all off thunderbluff in an attempt to get them back to IF, no thanks we'll give you BE's and play down a race, we dont need em anyway. FOR THE HORDE!!
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Irem
    He's not a blood elf. He's a kind of night elf that was exiled for practicing arcane magic after it was outlawed. Some of that kind of elf went to the Eastern Kingdoms and became high elves (and later blood elves), and some stayed behind (the only known settlement of them is the Shen'dralar faction in Dire Maul). It's the backstory/explanation for why night elves are going to have mages in the expansion.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by maladorian
    and ill be punting them all off thunderbluff in an attempt to get them back to IF, no thanks we'll give you BE's and play down a race, we dont need em anyway. FOR THE HORDE!!
    We'll throw in Jaina :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Really? :P

Something as important as an entire race faction swapping would be a bit more discussed on the front page :P also the Belf additions to Undercity would be somewhat pointless.. Plus we'd have to swap them something for the Belves.

You can have the gnomes.
    many players don't really pay close attention to development. also their lore gets messed up.

it's a silly mistake, but it makes a sort of warped sense. i can match up the facts to see where the disconnect was
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account

We'll throw in Jaina :P
    THEY MAY TAKE OUR GNOMES!!

BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR JAINAAAA!!

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

The highborne are what became the first High Elfs over time. They are the ancestors of the High Elf.

The High Elf are Alliance, since they have a full out hatred for the Forsaken and Blood Elfs.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?