Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Pointless speculation isn't pointless: Death Knight CC

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    God yes, I'd love Death's Respite/the thing from Saurfang.
    Then I'd have a "Get over here!" macro for DG and a "I find your lack of faith Disturbing." macro for DR.
    <3
    I can't even begin to imagine the joy this spell would bring Darkside from EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    I can't even begin to imagine the joy this spell would bring Darkside from EJ.
    the same darkside that is on these forums as the old god master?

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    the same darkside that is on these forums as the old god master?
    No, I believe they're different people, they just coincidentally have the same name. One is a DK and one is a rogue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    No, I believe they're different people, they just coincidentally have the same name. One is a DK and one is a rogue.
    Indeed allow me to clarify. I, Darch'cyde(my old god name to prevent confusion) am a different person from Darkside the Death Knight theorycrafter at EJ, we are different people and are in no way connected beyond the fact that we chose the same name, which i believe he had before me.`

I highly doubt we will get a castable CC like hex or poly.
    That just doesn't fit our entire class guys come on!

Idea's I've seen which I'd like and which I think really suit:
    - my own idea, a Death Grip like hand coming from the ground, holding the target in place, breaks on any damage, maybe a little cast time, costs an Unholy rune, a cooldown on it, etc
    - Saurfang's move is actually even better than my idea, how awesome would that be!! Again like 1 Unholy, maybe 1.5s cast time, 45s cooldown, etc.
    - A new one I came up with, if we're going on the way to poly/hex, some spell with some emo description like "Invoke the target with the power of Undeath. The target becomes a mindless zombie for xx seconds and wanders around. Any damage will awaken the will of the living and remove the effect, yadda yadda" They could make it cost a death rune (yes, death rune) to make it harder to use.

I know the last one feels a bit like hex, but I really hope they won't give us a "cast and *POOF*" type of CC. Bring up the undead in somebody, give it the same animation as if you summon your ghoul, something like that.

Still my vote goes to the saurfang ability ^^

Maybe Zombify, where you turn your target into a Ghoul for X seconds and the Ghoul attacks enemy targets, the CC breaks when the Ghoul has done X damage to enemy targets or the duration expires. So instead of the classic Fear or Hex CC where you incapacitate your enemy and you nuke him until the damage cap is dealt, you incapacitate your enemy and turn him into a nuke vs his team mates until the damage cap is dealt as long as the CC is on CD and non-spammable.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    Ok, let me break down things further.
    Poly works on humanoids and beasts.
    Sap on humanoids.
    Hex works on humanoids, if it works on something else too feel free to correct me.
    Traps work on humanoids, beasts, dragonkin.
    Repentance works on humanoids, demons, undeads and elementals.
    Fear works on humanoids and beasts.
    Seduce works on humanoids and I don't know if on anything else.
    Shackle on undeads only.
    Hibernate on Dragonkin and Beasts.

As you can notice, 5 out of all CC classes can CC humanoids, warlocks can too but its riskier for them.

Now, lets assume I'm a game dev. I want to design a 8 mob pull where 2 mobs can be tanked and the rest need to be CCed, in 25 man mode.
    Lets assume a standard raid comp of 2 tanks, and 6-7 healers, 16-17 DPS. Now because 5 out of 10 DPS classes can CC humanoids, I can safely assume that 99.99% of raid groups will have half their DPSers able to CC humanoids. Thus I make at least 4 of the 6 CCable mobs be humanoids. The other 2 mobs can be, undead, beast, dragonkin or elemental, so that the other classes can have fun too.
    The pull will go like this. Rogue goes close, distracts, saps target NR1, ret paladin goes close and repentances target NR2, at this time the mage and shaman are already casting CC on targets NR3 and NR4, the hunter is MDing DPS target 1 on to tank 1, while tank 2 is pulling his target by himself. The priest, druid, or warlock can now CC whatever undead/beast/elemental also needs CC.

Simple and effective design that really doesn't require additional CCing classes.
    Oh and, I can think up of many logical and lore arguments that can support humanoids in elemental, dragonkin, undead or any other time of dungeon/raid.
    Humanoids can be soldiers/initiates of any elemental lord, dragon, undead or demon lord.
    i can simply the whole thing with one dk. provided frost specced.

Tank pulls. Frost DK Hunger Cold.
    Tank picks one-3 targets and unfreezes them and pulls them apart to aoe tank. as other mobs become unfrozen any class that can CC will re-cc them.

if CoI becomes a baseline CC instead of a baseline...slowey stopey thingie. well that just means that when you run 5 mans DKs are not one of the classes that say "well im dps but...but i can't cc" and gets told to fuck off

remember TBC? when CC was needed. it was needed in 5mans too...until you overgeared
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I remember TBC quite well, playing from the perspective of a ret paladin was fun.
    But what I also know quite well about TBC is that, the dungeons where over tuned, like way way over. Heroics didn't become easy till you got like T5 to T6.
    I expect Cataclysm heroics to be like WoTLK ones, a means to gear up for raids, not very challenging in difficulty even with the gear of the time. Yes they might make a dungeon with 5 hard hitting mobs, 3 of which might need to be CCed, but I'm sure, that even in dungeon gear, even without one CC class, the dungeon will still be doable. It might require the tank to use some CDs just for that pull, but it can still be done.

A situation like TBC, where not having 1 CC class will fuck you up on most dungeon runs, won't ever be repeated.

I still don't see why DKs and warriors need to get CC, I really, really can't see a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    I remember TBC quite well, playing from the perspective of a ret paladin was fun.
    But what I also know quite well about TBC is that, the dungeons where over tuned, like way way over. Heroics didn't become easy till you got like T5 to T6.
    I expect Cataclysm heroics to be like WoTLK ones, a means to gear up for raids, not very challenging in difficulty even with the gear of the time. Yes they might make a dungeon with 5 hard hitting mobs, 3 of which might need to be CCed, but I'm sure, that even in dungeon gear, even without one CC class, the dungeon will still be doable. It might require the tank to use some CDs just for that pull, but it can still be done.

A situation like TBC, where not having 1 CC class will fuck you up on most dungeon runs, won't ever be repeated.

I still don't see why DKs and warriors need to get CC, I really, really can't see a valid reason.
    they've already said that CC is going to be making a comeback even in heroics and to expect them to be more TBC like. doubt they'll be that difficult, but honestly heroics in tbc were NOT difficult. just more difficult than wrath
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!