Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm content removed from the site

ALL GLORY TO Cthulhu Ftagn, HIS WILL BE DONE!

That's actually great. We're not supposed to know tier items from 1st raid instance in cataclysm 6months before we see it anyway.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Will we still be able to post the Pics of The Day from the official site? and talk about them?

is blizzard crying?

It feels like a BIG BABY

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes
    How convenient that you get to violate the NDA, but if we were to, we'd receive a ban. <3 hypocrisy
    Please explain the hypocrisy here.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard threatened to steal his garfield.

Bit late now to ask people to take down the content, it takes them almost a week to notice that the entire Alpha is up all over mmo-champion? If they are so desperate to keep it under wraps, they need to do a better job of keeping it under wraps. It's not like this is a new mmo and they have no experience in these matters.

Surpised it lasted this long, TBH. Thought Blizz would be on the phone when the first screenshots went up. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Screenshot of the day GUY WINS! ;D ;D

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

lol, well we got a week of it.

I don't have any reason or project to be an internet superhero because none of the underwear I have look nice over my pants
    I could loan you a pair of mine :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Damnit

I wondered if/when this would happen. But to be honest, at this point it kindof seems like a pointless exercise. We already know pretty much everything we wanted to know about Cataclysm from the leaks already announced...

Booo!

Do they not realize that all these screenshots and shit are helping them? this is the most excited about cata I've been since the announcements. I get they want to keep some stuff secret but c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    Bit late now to ask people to take down the content, it takes them almost a week to notice that the entire Alpha is up all over mmo-champion? If they are so desperate to keep it under wraps, they need to do a better job of keeping it under wraps. It's not like this is a new mmo and they have no experience in these matters.
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Blizzard was just waiting for a week or so..that way, the Internet hype machine can properly steam up.

I sincerely doubt Blizzard would have overlooked a site as popular as MMO-Champion posting alpha screens. Heck, the community managers on the boards knew and was telling people not to post them. So it may have been either a ploy to get more attention to the game, or the legal department was just slow. Either way, what's done is done.

No more play?

Quote Originally Posted by stvn
    is blizzard crying?

It feels like a BIG BABY
    Heavy: ENTIRE BLIZZARD TEAM IS BABIES
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Was only a matter of time really - I'm surprised they held the leash back as long as they did tbh! ;D

Still, it was nice to get a glimpse of what's to come but I can understand Blizz not really wanting to showcase stuff at alpha stage. Whilst the internet has many resources for those that still want to look up these things and it's nigh-on impossible for Blizz to get everything blocked, it's definately wise to stay on their right side as one of the most popular WoW info resources on the interwebz.

Deleted

damn I was reading at the oldif speculation :'(

10+ Year Old Account

Damn, oh well time to get into the beta and post ton of pics! Lets hope no one gets burn from this.
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?