stupid question on resto totems

i have totem of calming tides and totem of furious winds totems(the pvp one), and i was wondering about totem of the Surging Sea from the frost badges. it says 85 SP for 15 secs, but does it restart the timer everytime you use riptide? i am assuming this means a 255 constant SP if you use it constantly, am i correct?

Re: stupid question on resto totems

You are correct. I dont have that totem yet as it isnt much of an upgrade from the triumph one, and i'm currently gearing my (now mainspec) enhancement set.

But Yeah, you're correct.

the triumph one gives you a single strong buff for casting one of your main spells but still one you'd need to actively use . Since riptide is a HoT the buff isnt up as much as if it worked for lesser healing wave.

the frost ones ( i think, either way the ones better than the first ones) are procced by things that occur more often, so they start off weak but stack three times for a stronger buff. but is more likely to stay up often

Quote Originally Posted by Orcishpride2010
    the triumph one gives you a single strong buff for casting one of your main spells but still one you'd need to actively use . Since riptide is a HoT the buff isnt up as much as if it worked for lesser healing wave.

the frost ones ( i think, either way the ones better than the first ones) are procced by things that occur more often, so they start off weak but stack three times for a stronger buff. but is more likely to stay up often
    What he said is true. Riptide gives you a 11 second buffer zone to reapply the buff (and you should be using riptide that often with the T10 2 set bonus anyways) whereas the triumph totem gives you a 7 second buffer zone at a 70% chance.

I've never really minded though. I use chain heal enough for it to have pretty much 100% uptime, the exceptions being when i'm having to move around alot (where the 264 totem would be MUCH more useful, too, now that i think of it)

In my eyes, the reason the EoF one is stronger is it will apply to all spells. As a raid healer, I can see why the chain heal totem is more attractive, but really you shouldn't be mindlessly spamming chain heal, you should be taking a break every few seconds to reapply riptide since the 2 set bonus will buff your next chain heal.

Sometimes I find my stacks drop off when I'm in spam mode, but they stack up quick again and they apply to all spells, making it a flexible totem choice for all roles.

i usually run 10 mans so i cast riptide more often then CH. My LHW and riptides can keep my raid up and i should specify that i rarely use chain heal, its my oh s*** button when needed or when killing the dogs in plague. but thank you guys for clearing that up!

I think Jenerena is confusing Totem of the Calming Tides with Steamcaller's Totem.

Totem of the Calming Tides applies to all spells just like Totem of the Surging Sea.

With that said, if you have TofCT, your totem would be the last thing you upgrade from badges. It is really the smallest upgrade imo. TotSS is better because it works with your 2 set bonus but considering the increase in stats from other frost badge items it is not huge.

15+ Year Old Account

Surging Sea is BiS overall, go and get it.