May be a stupid Question, but I dont understand it.

So, I've decided to install a new UI. Great, right. No problems, just download and install.

But no...

Not only did it take me a while to get it working but once I got it to work I (natrually) find a new problem.
    As many may know, once you install a new UI you need to remove your old "WTF" folder and so forth, renaming your account, server and chararcter. Now my questions is this:

If I got more then one char on the server I write in, should I make a new folder for it? Cause as it is now; My main got my new UI working perfectly, all profiles were loaded and it's all good. But when I log in on my alt, it's all a mess and could only find one out of 3 profiles. Wierd huh.

How to solve this?

You're help is much appreciated.

Zaida

Re: May be a stupid Question, but I dont understand it.

I guess you'll want to make a folder for each char and copy/paste the stuff in there;

I've never yet downloaded a UI made by someone else, but as far as I understand, that's how it works.

Basically; like

World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Account -> ''YOUR ACCOUNT NAME'' -> ''Your Realm'' -> ''Char 1'' ''Char 2'' ''Char 3''

And then copy the SavedVariables from the UI you downloaded in each of the Character Folders, aswell as the SavedVariables.lua and .lua.bk

Should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by .cras
    I guess you'll want to make a folder for each char and copy/paste the stuff in there;

I've never yet downloaded a UI made by someone else, but as far as I understand, that's how it works.

Basically; like

World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Account -> ''YOUR ACCOUNT NAME'' -> ''Your Realm'' -> ''Char 1'' ''Char 2'' ''Char 3''

And then copy the SavedVariables from the UI you downloaded in each of the Character Folders, aswell as the SavedVariables.lua and .lua.bk

Should cover it.
    I'll give it a try, thanks.

Meh. Didnt work, eventho I got a fresh WTF folder and copied the orignially folder and put my alts name there. My main were still fine, but no diffrence on my alt - still a mess. Makes no sense!

Do copies of the character folder, if necessary ending up with copy 1, copy 2, copy 3 etc, then rename them to each of the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Do copies of the character folder, if necessary ending up with copy 1, copy 2, copy 3 etc, then rename them to each of the characters.
    I did, problems still remains.

Delete all WTF folders for alts.

Go copy all the files in your main's WTF folder and paste it inside the new empty WTF folders for your alts.

That SHOULD work. I do it everytime I make an alt and it works like a charm. There are a few addons like omen, skada that do not work quite right when doing that but going into the profile setting for said addons will allow you to load the profile from your main.

10+ Year Old Account

The best solution would be to not download a ui at all and create your own, that way you know exactly what is going on and if any problems arise with the addons you'll have a better idea of how to fix it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    The best solution would be to not download a ui at all and create your own, that way you know exactly what is going on and if any problems arise with the addons you'll have a better idea of how to fix it.
    If he/she has problems with the download part, he/she might not have the greatest skills either with addons etc., so therefor he/she prefers already finished interfaces. :P

OP: But the issue seems weird. The alts are on the same server right? Cause if not, then you need to copy the realm folder for those alts. NVM, read first post through and through. :-X