Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: What a determined Pugger can accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus
    Good job, you really do show that Skill+work+time> "leet" guilds.

My name is Syronicus, and i approve this message.

i r eltrolloloco and i aprove aswell

eltrollo for short

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Niea
    Oh man I didn't even realize the four pieces of PvP gear. Horrible.

No wonder I have 300 more spell power, 12% more crit and 11% more haste then you with just 400 gear score. It's because for an accomplished pugger you've put together a completely worthless and gearscore driven gear set. Way to further prove that your average person who talks about gear score doesn't know how to gear.

Also:

1) Wrong Meta gem, you'd want crit+3% more crit damage
    2) 23 spell power instead of 30 spellpower on your bracers
    3) 50 spell power instead of 63 spellpower on your weapon
    4) Stamina instead of spirit on both gems and pant enchant
    5) 10 all stats gem is HORRIBLE for a spriest, 12 spellpower plus 10 spirit (which translates into 17 spellpower during combat) is what you want in any blue socket with a 5 spellpower bonus or greater.
    6) Didn't make almost any set bonuses even when it would have been a dps increase
    7) MP5 on two pieces

So in conclusion: you gear horrible, don't even have an impressive gearscore and you made a thread to point yourself out. Delicious.
    Nit picking is why im not in a raid guild.

Kinda helps stress how dumb GS is.
    You can have a high(ish) GS and still have crap gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zonned

wow i take back what i quoted and said before

None of the suggestions he gave were difficult, they just require a very modest amount of intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iyenrith
    None of the suggestions he gave were difficult, they just require a very modest amount of intelligence.
    I'll take them into consideration a little strapped for gold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTank
    Kinda helps stress how dumb GS is.
    You can have a high(ish) GS and still have crap gear.
    My gear isn't crap you are retarded.

wow..

PVP gear, crap gems, crap enchants, less than optimal performance that way. And you want people to Clap for you? Please.. Somehow I think you took those PVP items just for the "GS LAWL IS BESTESEST".
    First learn to gem and gear correctly, then come back.

And it's not nitpicking. No one cares about your GS if it comes from crap items and gearing.

/Topic

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are far from a determined Pugger. I don't even need to look at your gear i just need to look at your achievement score. Icc is not Wotlk..theres 3 more raid tiers behind that that you have hardly touched. Also if you want to compare yourself with puggers transwer to taiwanese servers. Theres actually a/some GDKP (pug) runs there that got tribute to insanity 25/immortality 25(toc) and if my news are up to date even Lk hc 25 wich in comparison to your 4/12 icc wich every 5 year old can get is quite a change of pace.

edit: I don't think anyone mentioned this but...youre not hit capped not even with food.
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

No you're not in a raiding guild because, obviously, you lack the ability to gear a toon properly.

The point is this: you want to not have an impressive toon, that's cool. But why on earth would you make a thread to brag about what you've accomplished when all you've done is make a very very poorly geared toon. And to be honest, with the exception of the bracer and weapon enchant, everything else I brought up is a choice which doesn't involve more money and min maxing. You spent the same amount of gold buying the wrong gems and the wrong pant enchant that you would have spent buying the right ones.

Take my response as trolling or take it as advice to make you better. The choice is yours.

As a point of interest I have a dedicated insanity set that is 5200 gearscored, and I do 5200 dps on a target dummy with it all while lacking the very, very valuable 4 piece T10 bonus, obviously. If you aren't beating me, that is a sign of how horrible your gear choices are.

Ignore the flames, OP. You've got a lot of room for improvement with what you've got, but there's nothing wrong with being a pugger. My guild is 3/12 ICC, and I'm OK with that. We have a lot of fun and great people and I wouldn't trade that for gear.

15+ Year Old Account

It's easier than ever to get "high end" gear. You can buy all the basic tier gear, hell, you can even get some of it sanctified if you can pug up to Saurfang and are lucky with rolls. You can craft 264 and 245 gear, you can run dungeons to get 232 and 245 gear. I have a pally alt that I barely play and his gearscore is almost as good as my mains!

Word to the wise though...getting the biggest gearscore doesn't really mean you're going to have the best DPS. I don't know an awful lot about shadow priest pve, but I can't believe that wearing those wrathful/relentless pvp pieces is really the best idea other than just to artificially jack up your gearscore.

you're really not helping your "case"

you're not the worst geared person, but you clearly haven't done the research and that's just lazy. you can't play the "i play my way" card anymore, too much accessible info is out there and it's clear you don't fully understand the mechanics of shadow anyway.

i've yet to see a shadowpriest with a holy offspec who was any good. sucks that shadow is fotm and is the toughest spec to get 10/10 out of. not enough automatic damage with shadow to offset the bad

you're either competent or you're a liability

your server is THAT bad that getting a 5.7k gs pugging is considered rare or something??? not to brag or anything, but I unsubscribed well over 2 months ago and I have 3 characters over that, with the top breaking 6k gs if I stacked and I'm not in any raiding guilds. oh and guess why my wow is on cooldown now :P

I have 5950+ gs on 2 different alts & 5800 on another and I just pug raids as well. This game is a joke to get free gear and high gearscore

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    you're really not helping your "case"

you're not the worst geared person, but you clearly haven't done the research and that's just lazy. you can't play the "i play my way" card anymore, too much accessible info is out there and it's clear you don't fully understand the mechanics of shadow anyway.

i've yet to see a shadowpriest with a holy offspec who was any good. sucks that shadow is fotm and is the toughest spec to get 10/10 out of. not enough automatic damage with shadow to offset the bad

you're either competent or you're a liability
    I know the mechanics of shadow quite well, and I can usually stay in the top 5 in dps in most raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dz007
    your server is THAT bad that getting a 5.7k gs pugging is considered rare or something??? not to brag or anything, but I unsubscribed well over 2 months ago and I have 3 characters over that, with the top breaking 6k gs if I stacked and I'm not in any raiding guilds. oh and guess why my wow is on cooldown now :P
    It is that bad... alot of groups cant even down marrowgar.

Nice job.

I raided max. 3 evenings in a week with my guild. I have 6160 or something GS and I quit 3 weeks ago. I don't see the skill+work+time > "leet" guilds really. A paladin in my guild has over 6600 GS by raiding 3 evenings a week. I doubt he spend more time than you.

Good guilds > all, if you are talking about gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Nice job.

I raided max. 3 evenings in a week with my guild. I have 6160 or something GS and I quit 3 weeks ago. I don't see the skill+work+time > "leet" guilds really. A paladin in my guild has over 6600 GS by raiding 3 evenings a week. I doubt he spend more time than you.

Good guilds > all, if you are talking about gearing.
    The only reason your paladin friend has over 6.6k Gs is because of his weapon. Shadowmourne accounts for alot more gs than any other weapon. The max you can get as a non-shadowmourne user is around 6.5k if i remember right
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

I know the mechanics of shadow quite well, and I can usually stay in the top 5 in dps in most raids.
    Lol, not a Raid of.. well. Raiders. any of our top 10 would roflstomp on DPS, just saying.
    "Crap" was slightly harsh, but PvE with PvP gear is kinda bad.

It's not nitpicking, it's common sense. Okay, something could be said for your low SP enchants; they are incredibly cheap compared to the abyss crystal versions. All the rest of the things mentioned in that post are matters of making a bad choice over a good one, while it doesn't cost you more gold to make the right one.

For example, a nightmare tear (+10stats) is definitely more expensive than a SP/SPi gem, while the latter is a lot better. The correct meta gem cost about the same, the correct leg enchant costs the same, etc.

The reason puggers/casuals are looked down on is because to a serious raider sees you as a waste of an otherwise great piece of gear.
    Seeing a 264 piece go to someone that understands it's gearscore value but not why or how it is good(or bad) for for his/her class is annoying as hell, it's not to be elitist or to be the "bully" and make you feel bad about yourself, what "we" want most is that you spend one afternoon reading up about your class and memorizing some key points before you screw your healers over again by 'stealing' their MP5 piece.