Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What a determined Pugger can accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by Zonned
    It is that bad... alot of groups cant even down marrowgar.
    ugh, sounds like you need a new server bro. I will bet money that if I RaF'd some1 TODAY and made a brand new char, 2 weeks later I will break 5.5k gs on that char.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/?zone=eu&s...on&name=Hranos

Thats my toon, i only PUG, I've got the same gearscore as you. But i wanna bet i rape your dps...
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

I know the mechanics of shadow quite well, and I can usually stay in the top 5 in dps in most raids.
    This means nothing without comparison.

I am literally the top dps in every single thing I pug (I never pug 25 ICC but anything else is up for grabs) by multiple thousands. That's because I do over 10k outside of ICC and most people don't. But that doesn't mean I'm impressive, that means your average person in a pug is horrible.

gratz, i have alts wiht better gear then you.

You have too many pvp pieces for this to be impressive..

ilevel232 gear would probably do you better, since then there's no stat budget wasted on resilience.

here's my rogue and dk. both got geared in pugs without hardcore raiding. When you can do something like this then you can consider yourself an "accomplished pugger"

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...endare&cn=Losd
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...re&cn=Justerdk

heres just two of my alts that are right at 6k gs. my third lowest geared alt is even still higher than yours check it
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eas&cn=Justerr

I should make a forum thread about having 3 geared chars from no hardcore raiding.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTank
    Lol, not a Raid of.. well. Raiders. any of our top 10 would roflstomp on DPS, just saying.
    "Crap" was slightly harsh, but PvE with PvP gear is kinda bad.
    PvP gear would be bad if I was a healer, but its decent for DPS as long as you don't use to much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eikons
    It's not nitpicking, it's common sense. Okay, something could be said for your low SP enchants; they are incredibly cheap compared to the abyss crystal versions. All the rest of the things mentioned in that post are matters of making a bad choice over a good one, while it doesn't cost you more gold to make the right one.

For example, a nightmare tear (+10stats) is definitely more expensive than a SP/SPi gem, while the latter is a lot better. The correct meta gem cost about the same, the correct leg enchant costs the same, etc.

The reason puggers/casuals are looked down on is because to a serious raider sees you as a waste of an otherwise great piece of gear.
    Seeing a 264 piece go to someone that understands it's gearscore value but not why or how it is good(or bad) for for his/her class is annoying as hell, it's not to be elitist or to be the "bully" and make you feel bad about yourself, what "we" want most is that you spend one afternoon reading up about your class and memorizing some key points before you screw your healers over again by 'stealing' their MP5 piece.
    Nightmare tears barely go for 100g on my server on average, and I know my enchants aren't the best I got them out of the auction house, I don't know any enchanters...

I've been playing since Vanilla and in Vanilla I also played a Priest, I know whats good for me is spellpower crit, and hit...spirit and haste to a lesser extent. I have a healing off spec and never roll on MP5 gear unless I am the one healing im not an idiot or a thief.

You are under cutting me... ive been playing this game since it launched...

Embarrasing then, I started when naxx (WotLK) was ending and seem to know more about my class than you.. (and even more about your class than you)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aciied
    Embarrasing then, I started when naxx (WotLK) was ending and seem to know more about my class than you.. (and even more about your class than you)
    If you say so but I see no proof.

Your missing classic and bc raids.

Not on shadowsong.
    . . . http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/shadowsong nuff said @ no hardcore guild at avg over 5.7k gs -.-

PvP gear would be bad if I was a healer, but its decent for DPS as long as you don't use to much of it.
    No it's not. pvp gear is shit pretty much no matter what you play.
    and not knowing an enchanter is a pretty terrible excuse, use trade that.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ethermal
    No it's not. pvp gear is shit pretty much no matter what you play.
    and not knowing an enchanter is a pretty terrible excuse, use trade that.
    Or use auction house, which is what I do... freaking nazi.

Nightmare tears barely go for 100g on my server on average, and I know my enchants aren't the best I got them out of the auction house, I don't know any enchanters...

I've been playing since Vanilla and in Vanilla I also played a Priest, I know whats good for me is spellpower crit, and hit...spirit and haste to a lesser extent. I have a healing off spec and never roll on MP5 gear unless I am the one healing im not an idiot or a thief.

You are under cutting me... ive been playing this game since it launched...
    A nightmare tear is a waste of a gem for a dps caster. You get what, some sp from the spirit? Oh and some dodge from agi. If you know what's good for you, why did you get a crit/stam gem. Or a sp/stam leg enchant?

Pvp gear also means you're wearing less gear with haste/hit/crit, which means you're doing less dps. Unless your pve gear pieces were so terrible, pvp gear isn't the best choice.

Playing from vanilla doesn't make you right. In fact, I can most definitely say that your gemming choices say otherwise.

The 3 best weekly "PuGs" on my server run with an average GS > 6,000 and the best cleared I think 8/12 on HC this week and did 11/12 in total.

I got together in a real 10man PuG (IE all randoms) and we did 11/12 in 10man ICC with Marrow, Lady, Boat and Rotface HC.

PuGing isn't that bad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Or use auction house, which is what I do... freaking nazi.
    which obviously isn't working out very well.

5,7k GS is no longer "omg" - with current ICC buff any moron can get it nowadays.
    Show some 6,2k + and then we'll be impressed.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

33% of your gear is PvP gear.

And yes, PvP gear is almost always worse than crafted PvE gear. Infact every piece of PvP gear you have has a cheap crafted or badge purchased replacement which would be a dps gain. You could put Sundial of the Exiled on instead of that PvP trinket and see over 100dps gain, but your gearscore would go down. You could craft 245 bejewled bracers and see a similar gain, but your gearscore would go down. The point is, you are choosing to hinder your dps to gain gearscore, which if that's what it takes for you to get into pugs on your server where the "hardcore" raiders have 1000 less gearscore than my main tank, then that's what you have to do.

But don't come in here and tell people who know much more about your class that you aren't doing it wrong. And don't expect people to give you props for being horrible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Niea
    33% of your gear is PvP gear.

And yes, PvP gear is almost always worse than crafted PvE gear. Infact every piece of PvP gear you have has a cheap crafted or badge purchased replacement which would be a dps gain. You could put Sundial of the Exiled on instead of that PvP trinket and see over 100dps gain, but your gearscore would go down. You could craft 245 bejewled bracers and see a similar gain, but your gearscore would go down. The point is, you are choosing to hinder your dps to gain gearscore, which if that's what it takes for you to get into pugs on your server where the "hardcore" raiders have 1000 less gearscore than my main tank, then that's what you have to do.

But don't come in here and tell people who know much more about your class that you aren't doing it wrong. And don't expect people to give you props for being horrible.
    Oh yes of course everybody knows more than me and I am obviously so horrible.

You people amuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aciied
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/?zone=eu&s...on&name=Hranos

Thats my toon, i only PUG, I've got the same gearscore as you. But i wanna bet i rape your dps...
    Though you've had a back and belt for 7 days without enchanting or gemming them, might want to look at your own gear before criticizing others.

Oh yes of course everybody knows more than me and I am obviously so horrible.

You people amuse me...
    I find your unwillingness to learn about your class amusing. :3