Thread: Starting PvP

Starting PvP

So, I'm starting PvP since I don't have anything better to do, and I have a little problem. Whenever I go against a rogue, I seem to lose. I usually get the first sap and proceed by Cheap Shotting and after a Mutilate, Kidney Shotting. After the other rogue gets out of the stun (trinket or no) he cloaks and vanishes and starts his rotation on me, and I nearly always die if my trinket is on CD. Any help with this?

Armory in my sig, Loreina.
    Rawr, I'm a shark

Re: Starting PvP

Always put rupture on a rogue. He may vanish, but will return shortly after

Does the CP count matter on Rupture?
    Rawr, I'm a shark

Basically you Cheap Shot > Mut > Kidney Shot > do your damage and then, before the stun wears off, make sure to Rupture them. Whether it's 1 combo point or 5 combo points doesn't matter, you're just trying to keep him from being able to stay in Vanish.

You can also preemptively Vanish yourself (risky and not always necessary, but it's an option in certain situations), just be sure to run away as you do it, else the other Rogue could Fan of Knives and knock you out of it. This can be useful because if you wait, and he is still bleeding, you can re-open with another Cheap Shot > Mut > Kidney Shot combo, but he won't be able to trinket it, since he most likely trinketed your last Kidney.

In BGs / Arena, you can also Dismantle instead of Rupture if you don't have the combo points to Rupture. Cheapshot requires a Melee weapon, so that means they can't actually open on you for 5-10 seconds (unless they can get a Garrote off, which is unlikely), which gives your partner(s) time to try to AoE them out before they can open up on you out of Vanish.

IF you are quick, spam vanish if they get a cheap shot on you, if they dont overlap the stuns you can cheapshot them before they can get their kidneyshot off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqoLz...os=JCXLjE3c8YI
    Learned a fair bit from this guy, he aint half bad =D

Man I love being a dwarf so I can stoneform that bleed off, gives you a nice edge.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

15+ Year Old Account

Ah rogue vs. rogue...I could probably write a novel on this subject! But someone else has already wrote a pretty good guide to rogue v. rogue. It's for the old 41/5/25 build but it outlines some basic principals that you can use even as envenom spec. But honestly if you are dueling another rogue you should probably just use double wound anyways or even IP/wound because envenom isn't going to be as big of a DPS increase on leather and you're going to lose a lot of control if you have a dot on your opponent the entire time (no gouge or blind).

Here's the guide: http://roguerogue.com/2009/12/24/the...s-rogue-guide/