Deleted

Question about Shield Block ability

Hello there Mmo-champion's warriors.

I've been playing Warrior for just a bit, and one thing that i wonder about is:
    If you activate Shield Block, and your Block chance goes up to 100% and so on, does it put Dodge and Parry out of commision for it's duration?

I mean, since its 100% to block, and you can either dodge, parry or block, then 100% block will be a guaranteed block, or have i misunderstood something?

Deleted

Re: Question about Shield Block ability

Shameless bump

That's a good question actually, never asked myself about that.

But i'm pretty sure that I keep dodging / parrying under SB so i GUESS that dodge/parry chances remain the same and if neither of these 2 happen, then you block.

There's a hit table for mob vs you.

1-30 = dodge
    31-50 = parry
    51-60 = miss
    61-75 = block
    76-100 = hit

Lets just say that's what it is, for 100% of attacks, I don't care about complete accuracy, it's just to demonstrate a point. Don't use the above as gospel.

When you increase your block to +100%,

1-30 = dodge
    31-50 = parry
    51-60 = miss
    61-100 = block

Hit gets pushed off the table, but you can still dodge/parry. All that extra block is "wasted."

The above is the entire point being made. You will still dodge/parry, and instead can never get "hit."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren
    There's a hit table for mob vs you.

1-30 = dodge
    31-50 = parry
    51-60 = miss
    61-75 = block
    76-100 = hit

Lets just say that's what it is, for 100% of attacks, I don't care about complete accuracy, it's just to demonstrate a point. Don't use the above as gospel.

When you increase your block to +100%,

1-30 = dodge
    31-50 = parry
    51-60 = miss
    61-100 = block

Hit gets pushed off the table, but you can still dodge/parry. All that extra block is "wasted."

The above is the entire point being made. You will still dodge/parry, and instead can never get "hit."
    So, Dodge is prioritized over block?
    Will you always dodge or parry before you block?

Deleted

What Lyren says is accurate. The stat priority is Dodge > Parry > Miss > Block > Hit.

If you increase your chance to Parry by 1%, the risk you'll get Hit gets lower by 1% but no other stats are changed.

If you accumulate 100% total dodge/parry/miss and block you can't be hit by a frontal attack by a mob your level. If you add 1% parry at this point, the chance you'll Block gets lower by 1%.

To answer the question; what Shield Block does is to completely knock Hit off the table for it's duration. So if you have 25% dodge, 25% parry and 10% miss and use Shield Block, you'll have 40% block for it's duration. (so it's practically ~20% extra chance to block or so)

In other words, when you use shield block, the worst thing that could happen to you is a blocked attack, but your avoidance remains the same. (Tip: with the +100% value and critical block, this ability is a better defense CD than what you first think)

Deleted

A rough comparison: Think of a six sided dice. If a mob attacks you, you roll the dice to see what happens.

1 is dodge
    2 is parry
    3 is miss
    4 is block
    5-6 is hit

Using Shield Block, it would be:

1 is dodge
    2 is parry
    3 is miss
    4-6 is block

Sorry for overemphasizing.

Deleted

I'd like to thank everyone for clearing this out, it was good with some clear answers, kudos to all of you.

And overmephasizing is good, by the way.

Have a nice day everyone!