Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz
    "New Alchemist Stone."
    I hope they will have epic upgrades this time.
    This, and if a bandage is healing for ~34k, how much health are players going to have? Especially in PVP gear.... I knew they where boosting stam, but if the bandages are using the same scale as the one's now then players could have over 100k hp

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac
    Ergh, any words about realm first! xxx maxed out?
    Blues have replied that they will keep those

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firann
    The part about inscription and relics.... Does this mean that inscription can make relics for Paladin/DK/Druid/Shaman?
    Yeah I hope so.. would be a nice addition for scribes..
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Quote Originally Posted by Armenius
    Skinning

* Skinning will remain laughable last place of all professions in Cataclysm to keep in tradition with previous expansions.
    When your 55% crit turns into 25%, let's see how many people will be wanting that extra 80 rating ... at least for the 1st month of max-lvl.

awesome nw inscription cant wait to see what kind of stats they have

'We liked the cooking dailies that had players picking up items that spawned in the world near the quest giver, so most if not all new cooking dailies will work similarly.'

This is exactly what I don't like, especially when you've to find 6 glasses in an overcrowded Dalaran :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FrostFortyTwo
    I hope it's something damn good... I alteast want something I can sell since they be takin' me ammo.

ALL I HAVE EVER KNOWN IS CHANGED!
    you forgot there is no more ammo in Cataclysm...

Also, at least blue socket won't be stam gems stats haha

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some new Cataclysm jewelry recipes have completely random properties, and can sometimes create superior and epic versions.
    Oh sweet, the worst thing about Aion made to WoW: randomly crafted items!

What happened to reforging? Or they simply skipped talking about it?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Bandages will have a short cast time and put a heal over time effect on the target for 8 seconds. This effect is broken by damage.

that means bandages will be more useful because u get a hot after a short cast time probably 1.5 sec cast time and u get a hot for 8 sec.

welcome change to bandages to make them more useful in raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    WTB More profession dailies aside from JC.
    im not one to really complain much about the game but im going to saying JC dailies are completely ridiculous.

the idea of a profession daily is alright, thats not my complaint but taking months to get JC tokens unless you farm titanium or buy overly priced damaged necklaces is just too time consuming.

i thought the fishing and cooking dailies were fun and at least with those it helped you earn more than one token a day. JC needs something like this besides titanium and/or damaged necklace to help move the profession along.

Very nice! Sounds like professions will be a lot of fun in the xpac!

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    What happened to reforging? Or they simply skipped talking about it?
    Not sure... I'm sure it will be in there somewhere... maybe it's not considered a "profession" so that's why.

Deleted

Oh stamina is really getting a huge boost 34ks healing bandages ftw.

I really don't see why there is so much hate for First Aid... they're not supposed to be heals every class can do in the middle of getting nuked to save your life, they're something you're supposed to use in a pinch, in the time between fights, or during a CC... the only problem with the new system is, 8 sec + cast time > 8 sec channel, so hopefully the cast time is extremely short, like 0.5 sec, tauren racial style... >>

Also, wtb craftable wands from enchanting again... does anyone remember the crafted epic ones from the WOTLK beta? :/

Deleted

We didn't feel like we were getting much flexibility from specializations, so they have been removed for all three of these professions. The intent was to help people diversify their profession to feel different from that of other players, but through other professions we've found systems that work better to this end, such as simply making recipes available that you can earn over time.

DUH, if you dont use it, its useless. Meaning, I havent seen one epic 80 LW recipe for 1 specialization. Atleast in TBC they did something with them, now they are just useless.

Yes! Can't wait to see some of the new Tailoring and Alchemy stuff. 8) Also as a Lock...I Love New Bandages! ;D
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

BLAAARRRRRGGG!!11!!111!!!!!1 > > >

They changed Heartsong enchant to stupud mana regen bullshit

i wanted my haste :[

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed
    Very nice! Sounds like professions will be a lot of fun in the xpac!

Not sure... I'm sure it will be in there somewhere... maybe it's not considered a "profession" so that's why.
    I really hope so, otherwise there is not much point staying Blacksmithing right now, as it's a rather non-profitable profession (and even if you leave profits aside, it's falling behind as far as PvE and even PvP goes, compared to other professions)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Finally, they put Sword/Mace/Axe/Armorsmithing to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Floralol
    BLAAARRRRRGGG!!11!!111!!!!!1 > > >

They changed Heartsong enchant to stupud mana regen bullshit

i wanted my haste :[
    It was a typo anyway... there is the other haste enchant still, remember, there were two that gave 300 haste on proc, one was wrong, guess which one it was...