Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    Then why did I see a blue Cata cloak with +1300 stamina on it (1300, not 130!) Fully geared in epics for lvl 85 will give huge health pool, I'm sure
    Because it's called Alpha for a reason. :P
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

If you didn't know that health pools were boosted by around 300% please stop posting in this thread and just look around a bit first.

God damn, this is old news now!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

HP pools are going to at least double, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them triple TBH.

Enchanting was a great tradeskill throughout most of the expansion, but took a serious hit when the LFD tool came out and everyone could get materials on their own. The only real financial viability for skill is through tips. Maybe it's time to reconsider returning things like mana oils or some other consumable to the tradeskill? Help it make a bit more money again?
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

sweet an enchanting vanity pet. looking forward to that. also i hope the alchemist stones are epic like they were in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

15+ Year Old Account

since tailoring won't have specilisations anything it's going to be making even less money then it does now at least being specced for a type of cloth, actually makes some very small degree of money.

also the bullshit thing is, how come our cloth cooldowns are always 4 days versus Major blacksmithing core ingredients like titansteel need 1 day and also half the material cost?

i'll give an example as well while i'm at it.

Merlin's Robe : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67066

Breastplate of the white Knight: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67091

8 spellweave and 8 ebonweave is supposed to be equal to 12 titansteel bars?

our cloth cooldown is 4 days each unless your specced into a type of cloth, then you make 2 per 1 set of mats....why does tailoring always require so much more time and Materials into items versus other professions?

Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daftkiid
    As a rogue I <3 my bandages :P
    Exactly, and wow 38k....i guess stamina really is rising a great deal. Well good, rogues need some more healing, this with lifeblood is all I have, i usually use em at the same time for super healing haha
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

What I really wanna know anyways is, what proffesions are you supposed to use for Raiding, for example will Enchanting give more upgrade then what JC currently do, thats the shizzle they should tell imo...

10+ Year Old Account

Engineers making bows and crossbows... So the only item that isn't crafted now is staves... interesting...

Also, not likeing the sound of this new alchemy reagent that has a 1 day cooldown... does this mean we will only be able to make a couple flasks a day?

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Engineers making bows and crossbows... So the only item that isn't crafted now is staves... interesting...

Also, not likeing the sound of this new alchemy reagent that has a 1 day cooldown... does this mean we will only be able to make a couple flasks a day?
    I wish we could craft good wands too.

Can we PLEASE scrap the engineering specializations please. The concept is old and outdated.

Cool, but no Archeology?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

34k bandage which mean the theory of 300k unbuffed tank in cata is true.

Interesting. Give me dailies for professions anyday. They're pretty much the main dailies I do now, on my 80s. I love cooking and fishing dailies. So simple, and typically a nice little benefit for it. Love the items that I've gotten out of the fishing bag. Still waiting for a nice fishing rod for my priest, though. Sounds like cooking and fishing will be nice to do again in Cata. I'm currently at 320 on my third character for fishing. The others are at 450. Love to fish.

And for the person saying it could be hard to find Chilled Meat? Never worry about it again. Go farm Hardknuckles in Sholazar for about a half hour, and you'll have Chilled Meat set for several dailies. Once a week is probably more than enough. Rhino Meat a plenty on the plains next to the Engine of the Makers in Storm Peaks for that cooking daily. For the record, Wowhead has the Chilled Meat dropping at 60% off of Hardknuckle Chargers, and 61% off of Hardknuckle Foragers. Enjoy!

That's almost how bandages worked in the original closed beta, except there was no cast time and they didn't break on damage. I wonder why they're reverting it back to the healing on movement concept.
    Former God of Uther server and the best WoW player ever.
    Techbot says: Techbot is sensitive and those words hurt my ears. :[ Please be nice to me. I just want to help.

I like some of these changes coming, some are kinda meh though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

oh the joy of hunting for cooking quest items together with half the server population on the same square centimeters .... i still remember what a pain in the ass it is to find those damned wineglasses 2 years after after the expansion is out , and there aren't that many people doing it like at the beginning .... lets not even think about those lovely long cd'd items that will most likely bankrupt u in the beginning only to be made cheaper 1 patch later ...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)

Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Tailoring
    • Many of the green (and possibly some blue) items made during the process of leveling these professions will contain random stats. In most examples, two stats on these items will be set, and two will be random. The idea with these items is to mix up the skill leveling items so you're not just, for example, creating 10 pairs of boots that are all exactly the same.
    Yaaay! <3 Boring green items should hopefully be more fun to make now as well as easier to sell! Also wondering what this enchanting vanity pet will be... and what profit-making items there will be for engineering. Arg, it all looks so good, I can't wait for all of it! :3

\m/_

Make engineering badass plox.

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Oh, and I used to get turned on by well executed CC in dungeons, before 4.2.

Deleted

Damn still gotta do dailies for JC recipes. This game is lived by dailies, which is bad enough. But to to tie some professions into them was a bloody awful decision. :-[