Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

# Obsidian is the new common mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems, Volatile Fire, and Volatile Shadow.
    # Elementium is the new uncommon mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems, Volatile Fire, Volatile Water, or Volatile Earth.
    # Pyrite is the new rare mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems and Volatile Fire.
    # Previous Elementium Ore and Bar used for classic quests will be renamed to Elementium Ingot and Hardened Elementium Bar.
    Uh, what about the obsidian chunks, and large obsidian shards found in TAQ then?
    No mention of those being renamed.

Also, 3cloth bandage, good, a nice way to get rid of cloth hopefully.

Yes finally
    Three new bandages! That's right: THREE!
    sarcasm off -_-

But totaly all is awesome

Tailoring -
    Old way (w/ specs): 2/1/1 of 3 different cloth types possible every 4 days (total of 4, at least 1 of which would be useless for any specific recipe)
    New way (w/o specs): 5 of a single cloth type possible every 4 days (total of 5, none of which are excluded based on recipe)
    Verdict: .. No matter how I look at it, the new system sounds better. Still wish they would lower the bloody cooldown on these tho -_-;; Always felt kinda unfair that tailors always have longer CDs than the other profs.

First Aid -
    Pre-Cata: Right now, My hunter has ~24k hp unbuffed in raid gear, ~30k hp unbuffed in solo/pvp gear... Highest level bandage heals 5.8k (so ~20%-25%, lower percentage with buffs)
    Post-Cata: Highest level bandage heals 34.8k ... o_O;; I rather doubt that dps classes will have 140k-175k hp unbuffed because of what that would do to old content Does Blizz reeeeally want to see ICC10 trio'd less than a year after it was released? I don't think that 100k hp in full raid level gear would be out of the question for us though, and that would mean that this would heal for ~33% of total hp, which sounds significant enough to at least think about using before bitching at the healer to top you off between pulls when he is already drinking XD (I don't do this, I actually use pots/bandages a LOT to take the load off the healers in groups, but I've seen it happen a lot -_-;;)
    Verdict: 100% pure buffage :3 No nerfs allowed here XD I like this.

Leatherworking -
    Pre-Cata: Possible skinning results: scraps, leather, fur... Scraps turn into leather, base leather upgraded to heavy at 6:1 ratio, fur is annoying RNG very low droprate and required for everything worth making for someone to use.
    Post-Cata: Possible skinning results: leather, hide... Leather upgrades to heavy at 6:1 ratio, hide is probably annoying RNG (but likely to have higher drop rate than fur), CAN UPGRADE HEAVY LEATHER TO HIDE!!! Thank you Blizz for giving farmers with bad RNG a way to overcome randomness with perseverance!! ^_^ Please no more than 3:1 though, it will be irritating to use more than a full stack of leather to get a single piece of material instead of an actual end-result product.

Random stats on green/blue armor -
    First off, there will be FOUR stats on each of the "junk" greens we make for skillups. 2 predetermined, 2 random. I have a feeling they will still be limited by Blizzard's statement to remove mostly useless stat combos like STR/SPI, so they won't be totally useless. I am interested in whether they will all have the same restrictions and exactly which stats will be locked and which can be random. (Either way, most of my greens will get DE'd so not a big deal for me ^^;;)

Fishing -
    Q_Q No word on how this is getting updated. I think as a 2ndary gathering prof it should have a perk like the other gathering profs... Something simple, easy to understand, useful to all 10 classes and that doesn't break the game should be simple enough to add. Maybe increased health regen when out of combat (or when drunk XD Makes those "Captain Rumsey's Lager" even better for the devoted fisherman.)
    Blizz likes tradeskill dailies, so give us a non-random way to get upgrades like cooking in wotlk. It could add a lot of flavor to be able to use daily tokens to buy new rods, lines, armor, and vanity items AND it wouldn't break the game unless they were stupid about the dps on the poles or something lol. Add in static buffs purchasable with gold like CWF that do things like "Multi-hook Lure: Doubles your catch when you fish." or "Sure-catch Hook: Reduces maximum fishing cast time to 6 seconds." I would happily pay 1k gold for each of those.
    Add a few fishing related recipes to the other profs... BS making poles makes sense; LW/Tailor making waders, hats, etc makes sense; Maybe JC can make reusable lures and engi can make "Fish Finder: When used, increases the chance to catch a fish versus an old boot (Lowers trash catch rate, 3-5min duration, matching CD)"
    There is a ton of room to add to fishing and little has been done since BC other than make it simpler to skillup.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Glutek
    sarcasm off -_-
    Hehehe, well it's good cause the current highest level bandage we have sucks, frankly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX
    I really wish blizzard would ship in a "dense frostweave bandage" or something before cataclysm. Heavy frostweaves really are pathetic. Maybe you could buy them with honor?
    Would be a nice idea. I've never heard too many complaints about the Heavy Frostweave's even though they really are pathetic, probably because in dungeons/raids we just rely on the healers. But... this secondary profession ends up being really quite useless besides the fact it has achievements for us achievement whores out there.

More wands! Yay for the enchanting pet, but I want more wands to make =[

The enchanting pet sounds like fun. o_o <3

We liked the cooking dailies that had players picking up items that spawned in the world near the quest giver, so most if not all new cooking dailies will work similarly.
    Like Mana Berries in TBC, or Rhino Meat used for Mustard Dogs in Wotlk. But then again, if the npc is placed in an area pretty close to the center of the world map everything is "close by" right :P

Hoping to see more interesting things with fishing.

Deleted

Ah, so i can craft the so called "decent" entry-level PvP gear with LW, instead of farming with the points or am i reading it wrong?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    New Darkmoon Cards will be added, with hopes they'll all be as awesome as the Greatness card.
    I am wondering if I should level my main first, or my farming toon first when Cata hits. If I farm up all the Volatile Lifes and make the new "Darkmoon Super Greatness Card" Decks at the beginning of the expansion I can sell them for 15k in the first weeks, or 8k if I level my farming toon second, or 3k if I level it 3rd after my inscriptionist.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury
    Really?
    Some of us really don't enjoy fishing in the game yet would like to be able to help provide buffs to the guild during raids. Would it really be so bad to make a feast that does NOT require fish that provides the same level of benefit (not less, not close to, the same...)? Make it take twice as many mats, require a "rare" item, a special cooking station. SOMETHING!

Either that or overhaul the outrageously boring fishing system. I recall something being mentioned about this many many months ago, but nothing has been said since. /sigh....
    If feats and fish feasts provided the same stats than there would be no reason to level fishing.

They already changed fishing so you don't need to level it anymore (you can catch recipe fish in fishing pools with a skill level of 1). The only reason to have high skill level in fishing is to fish in open waters - which have a lower chance of catching fish required for the fish feast recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Professions Preview
    [blizzquote="Wryxian;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/13200229268/cataclysm-professions-preview/"]

General
    • Perks will continue to exist across all professions, and will upgraded appropriately.
    And will still be useless. Drop them and let us have 3 professions!
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Edghost
    This looks very awesome! im going to have Skinning and Leatherworking for my worgen, along with archeology

and i got mining/skinning on every other char i have in 80 gonna be awesome farming
    You can only mine/skin on one character at a time... why not diversify your alts? Or make them all JC/Alchamists for the high gold/low time ratio of daily/transmute?

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    oh yay, lets make blacksmithing tailoring and leatherworking Hollow again by taking away specilisations, now i'm exactly like every other tailor and i'm not special at all. lets also take away gnomish and goblin engineering as well because specilisations clearly are useless now.
    What sets you apart is what recipes you have. Do you raid, Maybe you have the TOC recipes. Are you lucky, maybe you have the BOP Uludar recipes. Are you rich, maybe you have the ICC recipes.

10+ Year Old Account

I love the change to bandages. They've been useless ever since TBC hit, and it's obvious thats due to arenas. Bandages would be too huge in arenas if they healed you now for as much as they did in vanilla.

I think back to fights like Firemaw in Vanilla when the entire raid had to make bandages up and each time you'd get out of LoS of Firemaw if you were dps you had to bandage up while waiting for your stacks of Flame Buffet to wear off. I liked it when DPS had to watch their own health and use bandages to their fullest back in the day. It made DPSing more tense and you didn't just think about the meters nonstop.

With the changes to bandages and Blizzard changing healers so they can't cast their biggest heals forever, it looks like we might be going back to this kind of design and I'm thrilled for that.

Plus the HoT change will be great in battlegrounds.

* All Cataclysm herbs have the chance of containing Volatile Life.
    * There won't be a new Lotus equivalent in Cataclysm. Alchemists will use the more reliably-found Volatile Life to create the new high level flasks.

So there won't be a new lotus equivalent, flasks will just require an item with a random drop chance from herb nodes...but that's not the same as a lotus equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlock
    * All Cataclysm herbs have the chance of containing Volatile Life.
    * There won't be a new Lotus equivalent in Cataclysm. Alchemists will use the more reliably-found Volatile Life to create the new high level flasks.

So there won't be a new lotus equivalent, flasks will just require an item with a random drop chance from herb nodes...but that's not the same as a lotus equivalent.
    Looks like Volatile X is the new motes, they mentioned volatile fire and others. So you can either get them from the nodes or farm the mobs that drop them, or transmute one of the worthless ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Koeevu
    Looks like Volatile X is the new motes, they mentioned volatile fire and others. So you can either get them from the nodes or farm the mobs that drop them, or transmute one of the worthless ones.
    Ah gotcha. I rescind my sarcasm then :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aramco007
    34k bandage which mean the theory of 300k unbuffed tank in cata is true.
    Or, maybe they are making bandages usefull again...