Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav
    I love the change to bandages. They've been useless ever since TBC hit, and it's obvious thats due to arenas. Bandages would be too huge in arenas if they healed you now for as much as they did in vanilla.

I think back to fights like Firemaw in Vanilla when the entire raid had to make bandages up and each time you'd get out of LoS of Firemaw if you were dps you had to bandage up while waiting for your stacks of Flame Buffet to wear off. I liked it when DPS had to watch their own health and use bandages to their fullest back in the day. It made DPSing more tense and you didn't just think about the meters nonstop.

With the changes to bandages and Blizzard changing healers so they can't cast their biggest heals forever, it looks like we might be going back to this kind of design and I'm thrilled for that.

Plus the HoT change will be great in battlegrounds.
    That's the only thing I hated about Vanilla, none of my characters that can heal themselves will ever have first aid. They didn't back then, and they won't in Cat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by s1
    Or, maybe they are making bandages usefull again...

Well, Blizzard said several times healthpools are going to be much, much more inflated in Cata. The reason was for healing, and the other I believe for PvP. So though that number sounds insane right now for us, in Cata it may well be that it heals for the same % of health, hopefully a bit more, as bandages heal today.

I don't think we're going back to that Vanilla concept someone mentioned, although I agree that would be an interesting change. We'll have to see. Maybe they're just trying to make bandages a bit less tedious to use (not sure how a channel can be tedious, but then again, I think old hunters can argue quite a bit on that).

Quote Originally Posted by Clamor
    my wife has been doing her JC dailies for months, and religiously at that and she still has a long ways to go. seems to be JC is the worst profession to try and get all the recipes.
    ofc and having grind hundreds of days for those tokens is a totally worthy objective ... i mean using those blue quality recepy's is totally worth it these days

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    since tailoring won't have specilisations anything it's going to be making even less money then it does now at least being specced for a type of cloth, actually makes some very small degree of money.

also the bullshit thing is, how come our cloth cooldowns are always 4 days versus Major blacksmithing core ingredients like titansteel need 1 day and also half the material cost?

i'll give an example as well while i'm at it.

Merlin's Robe : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67066

Breastplate of the white Knight: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67091

8 spellweave and 8 ebonweave is supposed to be equal to 12 titansteel bars?

our cloth cooldown is 4 days each unless your specced into a type of cloth, then you make 2 per 1 set of mats....why does tailoring always require so much more time and Materials into items versus other professions?
    Different is not better or worse. Blacksmiths can get Titansteel bars faster (miner's make them on a 1 per day CD), *but* Titansteel is made from three Titanium Bars and three different eternals. The mats are rare and expensive. By contrast you can only make cloth every 4 days (though you can actually make four cloths at once, so in a way it works out), but the mats are a joke. Two eternals (the same two, easily farmable), and a bunch of easy to collect cloth that you'll get just doing your normal thing. On top of that the tailor makes the cloth with his own CD, the Blacksmith needs to be or find a miner (at end game it's not uncommon for people's mains to have two crafting professions for the bonuses).

Are there advantages to the quicker CD on Titansteel and the lower mat requirement? Sure. Do Tailors have other advantages to compensate? Yes. And before you say anything, I have a tailor, but no blacksmith, so if I was biased at all it ought to be toward tailors. I have so much damn cloth in my Tailor's that i regularly have to bleed it off to the Auction House to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam
    Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... ;D

edit : OMG 3 NEW USELESS BANDAGE!!!!
    Yea but its a bandage that heals 30k hp plus thats awsome

8) JC changes lol

pet the dragon :O

Health pools are definitely going up in Cataclysm, I recall Blizz saying that they'll likely increase by 200-300%. However, I don't think we're comparing the right bandages in making estimates on the potency of this 34k bandage. It seems to me that this new, "3rd tier" bandage will likely be stronger than the new Cat Heavy Bandage, and thus have a higher average % of healing.

If we look at the Heavy Frostweave, healing 5800 over 8 seconds, and the average health pool of a fresh 80 (let's say 17k, non-tank,) that's around 1/3 of your health filled from a bandage. Let's triple that number (in line with Blizz's estimates, being generous) and say the average 85's starting health is 51k, or even 60k, to be fair (again, non-tank.) That means that this new, "Super" bandage would be healing at least 50% of your health pool. That's a reasonable strength.

We'll probably see the new Heavy Bandage healing somewhere closer to 18-20k health.

The only thing that I'm a bit leery of in there is the elixir to flask stat ratio. I like how Blizzard has reduced the number of mandatory raid consumables (especially ones that get popped on a per-fight basis) recently. This looks like a move in the other direction. It seems that in many cases (depending on class/spec) 2 elixirs will be better than a flask. This means that for progression content, we're back to popping 2 relatively expensive consumables per person per fight. Not the end of the world by any means, just a step back (IMO).

Rest of it looks pretty nice.

Many people are missing the fact that there are three levels of bandage, rather than two.

You can't compare the Dense Embercloth Bandage to the Heavy Frostweave Bandage.

It goes Embercloth Bandage -> Heavy Embercloth -> Dense Embercloth.

You can't assume the Dense bandage will heal the same percentage as the Heavy bandage at 80.

More likely, the Dense bandage will be closer to 50% of "starting 85" HP, for around 60-70k HP total.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque

Well, Blizzard said several times healthpools are going to be much, much more inflated in Cata. The reason was for healing, and the other I believe for PvP. So though that number sounds insane right now for us, in Cata it may well be that it heals for the same % of health, hopefully a bit more, as bandages heal today.

I don't think we're going back to that Vanilla concept someone mentioned, although I agree that would be an interesting change. We'll have to see. Maybe they're just trying to make bandages a bit less tedious to use (not sure how a channel can be tedious, but then again, I think old hunters can argue quite a bit on that).
    300 k Healthpools is unlikely though.

There will be a huge stam increase.
    But, going from 50k to 300 k, well, it seems unlikely for me atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixdown
    Randomly crafted items?! *Smashes head into desk*
    It depends on what they do with them. In TBC I made a load of cash while leveling just from making Aquamarine Signets. They were random. Sometimes they were crap. Other times they were great. I always made back mats costs on the cheap ones and sold the nicer ones for solid profits. Of course, that's back before people really started to pay attention and the mat prices shot up.

It'll make AH listing more of a pain. No more making 12 of something and tossing them up on the AH. 1 of the Bandit. 1 of the Soldier. 1 of the Elder... sigh.

/goosebumbs ;D
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Deleted

Tanks will definetly have +100k health easily, 300k I doubt too.

Bears will definitely see 300k, Other tanks will see 150k ish. I am talking end of expansion of course.

Deleted

Eh I doubt that...that would make bear tanks the n1 tank class.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    Eh I doubt that...that would make bear tanks the n1 tank class.
    Since all elites and bosses will be hitting much much harder, they will need it. Tanks will be getting 3-4 shotted if the healer isn't paying attention.

Deleted

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    No.
    Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    This, and if a bandage is healing for ~34k, how much health are players going to have? Especially in PVP gear.... I knew they where boosting stam, but if the bandages are using the same scale as the one's now then players could have over 100k hp
    Expect entry level raid tanks to be around 100K~, other plate wearers to be about 80-85K~, leather/mail to be around 65-75K~, and I'd say casters to float around the 50-60K~ bracket. Everyone else is in between.

Except Shamans. They'll finally break that 25K barrier come expansion.

As far as professions, that preview basically states:

"Yeah, we're not doing anything new, just fixing some shit we should have done long ago. Deal with it. We're lazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    Expect entry level raid tanks to be around 100K~, other plate wearers to be about 80-85K~, leather/mail to be around 65-75K~, and I'd say casters to float around the 50-60K~ bracket. Everyone else is in between.

Except Shamans. They'll finally break that 25K barrier come expansion.

As far as professions, that preview basically states:

"Yeah, we're not doing anything new, just fixing some shit we should have done long ago. Deal with it. We're lazy."
    The joke about shamans was funny, but the rest is sooo wrong.

First off, Blizz has said everyone's going to have the same stamina as plate dps. "No more plate stamina envy," I believe were the exact words.

Now, we can compare today’s Heavy Frostweave and BC’s Heavy Netherweave bandages with today’s and yesterday’s health pools and extrapolate the kind of health bars we’ll likely be seeing in Cataclysm.

In BC, a plate wearing class could hope to have somewhere around 9-10k health in assorted blue gear, and a fresh 80 in WotLK blues would be sitting somewhere around 16-17k health, or about 22k in the first blue pvp honor/crafted set. Because Blizzard has stated that all classes will have the same (plate) health pool in Cata, we can go with these numbers for everyone.

So Heavy Netherweave Bandages heal for 3400 over 8 seconds and the starting health was 10k. That’s 1/3 the total health.

Heavy Frostweave Bandages heal for 5800 over 8 seconds and the starting health was 16k-22k. That’s 1/3 for pve and 1/4 for pvp.

Dense Embersilk Bandages will heal for 34,800 over 8 seconds, meaning the average starting health pool in Cataclysm blues for non-tanks and non-pvpers will be around 105,000. The first pvp gear will boost your health to the 140,000 range. For everyone. Expect tanks to have more than that.

But the real fun comes at the end of the expansion. Using the gear from 3.3, a 50k health tank right now is equivalent to a 300,000 health tank in Cataclysm.