Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub
    The joke about shamans was funny, but the rest is sooo wrong.

First off, Blizz has said everyone's going to have the same stamina as plate dps. "No more plate stamina envy," I believe were the exact words.

Now, we can compare today’s Heavy Frostweave and BC’s Heavy Netherweave bandages with today’s and yesterday’s health pools and extrapolate the kind of health bars we’ll likely be seeing in Cataclysm.

In BC, a plate wearing class could hope to have somewhere around 9-10k health in assorted blue gear, and a fresh 80 in WotLK blues would be sitting somewhere around 16-17k health, or about 22k in the first blue pvp honor/crafted set. Because Blizzard has stated that all classes will have the same (plate) health pool in Cata, we can go with these numbers for everyone.

So Heavy Netherweave Bandages heal for 3400 over 8 seconds and the starting health was 10k. That’s 1/3 the total health.

Heavy Frostweave Bandages heal for 5800 over 8 seconds and the starting health was 16k-22k. That’s 1/3 for pve and 1/4 for pvp.

Dense Embersilk Bandages will heal for 34,800 over 8 seconds, meaning the average starting health pool in Cataclysm blues for non-tanks and non-pvpers will be around 105,000. The first pvp gear will boost your health to the 140,000 range. For everyone. Expect tanks to have more than that.

But the real fun comes at the end of the expansion. Using the gear from 3.3, a 50k health tank right now is equivalent to a 300,000 health tank in Cataclysm.

LFM DPS for "First raid of Cata" 1500k dps minimum link achiev !

something like that ?

Man this is getting out of control...

Big numbers doesn't necessarely mean more fun. Or are they doing this to make sure the Wotlk gear becomes obsolete (because of the small lvl gap) when we hit 85.

That's the other thing i'm worried about, if they intend on giving us 60k hp for a dps as a starter at 85 (assumption) how many hp will the leveling mobs have ? I mean yeah I can kill a 130k elite with my ret atm, but kinda makes me wonder how much of an increase everything will have come Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Interesting yet scary...

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    Can we PLEASE scrap the engineering specializations please. The concept is old and outdated.
    It is now, since the removed the reason why is was so good/fun.

They are slowing getting to the point of making it all the same.

Why are people talking about health pools of tanks specifically, as if they would have significantly more health than others? Go read about the stat changes and then come back here.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

... there. Now, don't you feel silly?
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker
    Why are people talking about health pools of tanks specifically, as if they would have significantly more health than others? Go read about the stat changes and then come back here.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

... there. Now, don't you feel silly?
    Those people don't care. Blizz said many many times they are bringing everyone's health close together. Still, people claim tanks will have absurd amounts higher then everyone else.

Really liking the changes to alchemy DEFINITELY like the removal of stupid lotuses, and I like the material they make that's a component of high end recipes... sweet!

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere
    Those people don't care. Blizz said many many times they are bringing everyone's health close together. Still, people claim tanks will have absurd amounts higher then everyone else.
    Tanks will have more health (I will guess around 30%-50% more), but they will also take more damage than they currently do.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

didnt they said they wer not put anymore this type of info til the NDC was lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Tanks will have more health (I will guess around 30%-50% more), but they will also take more damage than they currently do.
    Unless you have a source, I'm calling bullshit (or at least just a guess on your part). Sure, they might get more health due to talents, but no information about that has been released as far as I know.
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina
    That was the best thing in TBC. You had to specialize a profession to use the item and it would be painful. When WotLK begun, everyone with some cash had that ilvl200 mace.
    Making gold is all good but I wish they would go to something where tailors for example could go back to making set gear that was BoP in their specialty and make it competitive with the current tier set. I miss the old set BoP gear. Also would like to see either dailies for all crafting professions or just remove the JC dailies to balance things out.

as much as i like the new pet idea, to me it just seems they're adding it because they cba to make those enchanting dailies they were thinking about. i personally would love ench dailies tbh ;D

Tell high rated arena teams that bandages are useless. Also with the dawn of rated BGs high healing bandages are gonna mean the difference between life and death. Bandages in WotLK heal for about 1/8 of a persons life, if they aren't a tank. I'm having trouble believing that the average persons HP come Cata is gonna be 200k+. So even if the average persons health is 60K that bandage will heal for more than half of your life. So useless? I think not.

"Dense Embersilk Bandage" Heals for 34,800 over 8 seconds. Requires 3 Embersilk to create.
    Ye. All I can say is...
    /facepalm
    /panic
    Well since Vanilla average hp pools were 4-5k, tBC - 8-11k, WotLK - 20-30k.
    So...
    For the black hills consists of black souls, souls that already dies one thousand deaths.
    Behind the stone walls of centuries they breed their black art. Boiling their spells in cauldrons of black gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Putress
    useless? ~35k hp in 8 seconds isnt useless
    not for a level 80, but Dense as in the past was the tops of bandages not the bottom, You'll most likely have
    • Embersilk Bandage ( one piece cloth )
    • Heavy Embersilk Bandage (two pieces of cloth )
    • Dense Embersilk Bandage (three pieces of cloth )

the Dense version of Frostweave Bandage was dropped in the WotLK Beta...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

hell yeah boyeeeeeeeeeeee
    Here's my character,im 12 years old. All kids that play wow aren't bad
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cocoabutterz

Those bandages may sound useless to a tank or a healer, but they sure as hell arent to use pure dps who otherwise cannot just pop a heal on demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.