Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Branbronzan?

In the Tribunal of Ages why does Brann Bronzebeard get called Branbronzan by Abedneum ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question >.<

Re: Why Branbronzan?

brann-bronze? or maybe hes a super hero-ninja-spy for the titans in the form of a dwarf... i mean, who in the world would suspect a dwarf???

Because Branbronzan is actually a servant of the Old Gods, and is trying to release them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiohbai
    In the Tribunal of Ages why does Brann Bronzebeard get called Branbronzan by Abedneum ?

Well, he WAS hacking the system, more or less - "Branbronzan" was probably some sort of alias so the system would think he was some sort of Titan servant... after all, none of them have surnames.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

It's to signify that brann bronzebeard is not very technical and messed up filling out his name on the console. It just adds to the atmosphere of the scene, it doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf
    Well, he WAS hacking the system, more or less - "Branbronzan" was probably some sort of alias so the system would think he was some sort of Titan servant... after all, none of them have surnames.
    I always thought it was kind of a joke like the machine heard him wrong... but your idea is probably right
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiohbai

It is because you are helping Brann outside HoS in the Storm Peaks, he talks to an old titan machine, and when saying his name, the machines hears it a Branbronzan, due to his awful scottish accent

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Tearex
    or maybe hes a super hero-ninja-spy for the titans in the form of a dwarf... i mean, who in the world would suspect a dwarf???
    LOL! You made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

10+ Year Old Account

i always guessed it is the titan version of branns name

i mean hodir is hod icebeard.... if he was a none titan thing he would be called that

Maybe that's just his hacker alias?
    Cake!

From wowwik: # The Tribunal addresses him as "Branbronzan". No reason is given. Possibly this is related to Bran's overcoming the safety precautions and convincing the Tribunal he is a legitimate user.

So basically noone really knows.

Deleted

Brann is just a nickname? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    From wowwik: # The Tribunal addresses him as "Branbronzan". No reason is given. Possibly this is related to Bran's overcoming the safety precautions and convincing the Tribunal he is a legitimate user.

So basically noone really knows.
    This seems pretty logical, though -- that he hacked the system by hitching a ride on a valid user id instead of creating his own. Less effort.

When I first saw it, my first reaction was that the computer somehow IDed him based on his ancestry or something, but the more I thought about it the more I'm convinced that he just had to modify his name so that it would be accepted as a Titan (language) name.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhandyn
    This seems pretty logical, though -- that he hacked the system by hitching a ride on a valid user id instead of creating his own. Less effort.
    It's probably a safe assumption considering that algalon called him "Bronzan".

Probably just a small joke, ever put your name in a computer or heard it digitally played back and it sounded messed up? /thread
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

10+ Year Old Account

im going to stick with its his titan variation name

or ancestory

Quote Originally Posted by Eikons
    It's to signify that brann bronzebeard is not very technical and messed up filling out his name on the console. It just adds to the atmosphere of the scene, it doesn't mean anything.
    This is what I always thought.

He's probably typing so fast due to everything going on that he didn't put his own name in correctly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

It is his mothers maiden name, so he could answer the secret question.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tearex
    brann-bronze? or maybe hes a super hero-ninja-spy for the titans in the form of a dwarf... i mean, who in the world would suspect a dwarf???
    Wel you're suspecting a dwarf to be a super hero-ninja-spy for the titans :