Being a 'good' Hunter.

Sooo.

I am currently leveling my old favourite toon from the good old BC days.

I am aware that Marks has the highest DPS but i am also aware that it requires a pretty high gear standard (Lots of APR)

I am also aware that Surv. Is supposed to be the goto spec for New or poorley geared hunters.

HOWEVER! I am a cheap bastard, and have 0 intrest in going full AP stacking / Agil stacking only to swap later to full APR.

but i also like to be top of recount... So i want to know will me speccing 7/57/7 as soon as i ding 80 be so detrimental to my deeps that no matter how perfect my rotaion... I will be carried to the point that i am simply there for the tureshot aura?

BTW im planning on going from greens and blues to EPIX and l33t in about 5 days.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Re: Being a 'good' Hunter.

bumping my own topic.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account

Are you...trolling?

8 minute bump...?

ITS BEEN TOO LONG DAMNIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack
    7 minute bump...?
    I got 3 reads in 7 minutes i wanted an answer i couldn't get one from the Almighty.... Google.

Well, unless you're full 264 t10 you probably won't be gemming arp. So i dont see why you are afraid of gemming agi.

Go dual spec survival / MM and gem agi heavy. Agi heavy is fine for both specs until you reach the lofty heights of gear where MM hunters turn and fully gem arp. Even then its debated, it holds superior single target with debuffs and everything up, but with target switching agi builds can pull ahead. The level where MM beats survival isn't actually that high, but the level where you stack pure arp is really high.

ArP doesnt become useful until you hit about 1100 ArP (after gemming), or until you hit 6-700 and use the Needle Encrusted Scorpion to hit the cap. The best way to go is just stack GEAR that has ArP on it, gem for Agi, spec SV, and once you get the NES and somewhere close to 6-700 ArP (50%ish), you can go Marks and use a makeshift ArP build. Around 5-600 ArP if you're MM, you stop using Arcane Shot and start using only your physical shots (and Chimera Shot of course). Make sure you spec into Silencing Shot too... I see a lot of fail ArPers w/o Silencing Shot and it disgusts me...

Anyway, you can go MM right off the bat once you're 80, but SV will be much better dps until you hit that ArP softcap.

I dont see any question -_-

a) wrong forum
    b) obvious troll fail.
    It's just a game.

MM is better then surv period. Volley will be your primary ability, and MM got talents to improve volley.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    I got 3 reads in 7 minutes i wanted an answer i couldn't get one from the Almighty.... Google.
    Explain to me how you couldn't find this information on the internets?

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Komati
    MM is better then surv period. Volley will be your primary ability, and MM got talents to improve volley.
    Err, umm...

After 4 years of sitting at 46 I dragged my hunter alt (5th or 6th in line to my time) to 80. I tried all three specs and to be honest even after reading that lower gear levels would not support it I went with MM.

Because it is just an alt I have not invested a great deal of time into it, I think possibly the daily random for 2 months and I have again put it on the back burner, but typically I will knock out 4-5k in heroics and 7-8 in VoA, from which I still have no drops, damn that place.

Anyhoo, not the greatest gear but all obtainable pretty easily, again for those who like to flame, this is a rarely played alt and I still have to swap out those boots - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...onsus&n=Lilrae

If you are wanting to push out more DPS then you are unfortunately going to have to spend some cash on the latest crafted gear and invest some time in ICC.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."