Poll: Are you going to use 1 handers or 2 handers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: You going 2h's or 1h's in cata?

I'll go with onehanders for the looks. Never liked the 2 2-hands. Still, I think 2h in mh and 1h in oh would be the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    something to consider. BASED ON ALLREADY RELEASED INFORMATION / TIDBITS FROM BLUE:

with the patch AND rage nomalization (and arp going away and being converted into haste)

They have stated that rage will be a constant based on swing timer.

(yes i am pulling some numbers out of my butt but i'm just trying to give you the concept. and can only be confrimed/refuted when people get into beta and can talk)
    Currently we'll only take into account mainhand swings. as it was stated in a blue post that offhand will generate less rage *don't remeber if it was 1/2 or 1/4*

spd 1.5 1h gives 2 rage per swing in 3 seconds it will generate 4 rage
    spd 3.0 2h gives 4 rage per swing in 3 seconds it will generate 4 rage

Above example rage normalization has worked! now you generate rage at the constant pace blizzard wants you to.

haste is a swing speed modifier that benefits slower swing times more than faster swing times due to being based on a % of speed. so let's say you get enough haste for the 2h weapon to swing just as fast as the 1h weapon. (please mathy persons correct me if i'm wrong). Blue has stated that rage generated per swing will be based on the unmodified speed of the weapon. not the new modified speed. based on this:

spd 1.5 1h will swing 1.0 giving 2 rage per swing. in 3 seconds it will generate 6 rage
    spd 3.0 2h will swing 1.5 giving 4 rage per swing. in 3 seconds it will generate 8 rage

I dont know if this is what blizzard has in mind. NOTE: the amout of haste requited to drop a 1.5 speed weapon to .75 speed is much greater than the amount of haste required to drop a 3.0 speed weapon to 1.5 (and you may be hitting haste caps where you may never get under 1.0 speed?)

What we don't know is what stats will be on future gear in what proportions .. we might only see a sprinkling of haste in all gear so this may never become something we can load up on like it's going out of style.
    By that same logic,

spd 1.5 will crit more often than spd 3.0 resulting in more rage per minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayllem
    By that same logic,

spd 1.5 will crit more often than spd 3.0 resulting in more rage per minute.
    actually going by what they posted damage will not affect rage generation *hence it being normalized* only swings speed based on original weapon speed will set the amount of rage per swing. Crit all you want .. you still get the same amount of rage per swing even if you miss. (prot tree i think will have a talent that generates rage based on amount of stamina i think is posted.)

Haven't seen a blue post stating crits will generate bonus rage.

The whole point of normalizing rage was .. as our gear gets better our rage generation scales up with the damage we do .. they are trying to move away from that and make all rage generation equal no matter the damage we inflict.

I don't get why people reply with: if you want 1h go rogue or frostdk/enha or whatever. TG was added only back in 2.4, it's not like the omg spec defining thing that warriors had from the dawn of time.

Assuming i had 2 2h with the same ilvl as 2 1h i'd go for the 1h if the dps difference wasnt big.
    I like the speed 1h have against the slow, kinda retarted motions TG has. Yeah, big crits but meh. 1h looks nicer.

Edit: Also, i'd like to see str and agi gone from weapons and replaced with AP, like caster weapons will still have spell power while all other pieces will have int only. That way there can be more choices for every spec. There will only be dps vs tanking weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgrove
    I don't get why people reply with: if you want 1h go rogue or frostdk/enha or whatever. TG was added only back in 2.4, it's not like the omg spec defining thing that warriors had from the dawn of time.
    Reason alot of people say this and i as well is simple. I and most of the warrior community that has been playing since vanilla (i'd dare say most of the current players currently have been playing since late bc early wotlk) have been asking since vanilla for dual wielding 2h weapons. We finally got it. Everyone knows if you want to be an endgame raider right now you use what is best in slot peroid. no guild out there will let you raid in their raids with dungeons blues/naxx level gear in icc no matter how much cooler you think it looks. You have got to admit Armageddon is probably one of the best looking 2h weapons in the game just as an example but you won't be raiding with it. Now same will apply with some hairbrained talent trying to make 1h weapons do as much damage as 2h weapons. it will come down to brass tax math and someone will figure out what the best main hand and best off hand weapons are for maximum dps and that will mean if 1h weapons are it .. that's what raiders will be pigeon holed into using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgrove
    Edit: Also, i'd like to see str and agi gone from weapons and replaced with AP, like caster weapons will still have spell power while all other pieces will have int only. That way there can be more choices for every spec. There will only be dps vs tanking weapons.
    That will never happen. Blue has stated multiple times AP is going away to keep str based dps classes (warriors) from using weapons meant to go to agi users (hunters, rogues).