Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Is this justifiable????

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    tell friend 2 that he is a faggot. that will solve the problem.

But really, just because you like to raid and have the gearscore addon doesn't make you elitist and even if it did, that is no reason to stop being friends with someone.
    If you guys were real honest friends he would still like you even if you were a super hardcore elitist raider.
    Honestly if you have the GearScore addon that makes you a complete opposite from an elitist. An elitist wouldn't be making random ass pugs based off a number determined by the average item level of the wearer.

So GS in fact makes you less of an elitist. I never see top guilds recruiting people asking for 5800 GS+.... lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Would it be justified if I kicked raiders from my guild because they downloaded Gear Score?
    Stupid spammy addon, as long as they disable it before raid they're OK.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mule
    Stupid spammy addon, as long as they disable it before raid they're OK.
    I was more asking a rhetorical question, but yes, I wouldn't kick them just because they have the addon, but everyone in guild knows as a rule to disable it on raid nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I was more asking a rhetorical question, but yes, I wouldn't kick them just because they have the addon, but everyone in guild knows as a rule to disable it on raid nights.
    Yeah, I wouldn't kick anybody for using it as long as it does get disabled for raids. On the other hand, I have nerd raged and quit a pug because the leader said "they have a good GS so we'll be OK".

I think we dont hear whole story here. Somebody ditching friends bcs of addon? Or maybe: "haha you suck you have only XXXX gs while we have XXXX+gs"? About addon: don't have it on main, have it on alts reason? It's shows on what gear level im atm and how i perform.

Since you're such an elitest jerk now you may have had a go at him for being a bad player with multiple 80's and in ur elitest rage you don't remember saying any of it.

The addon no longer spams during combat, they fixed that ages ago. Your raiders can have it on and it wont lower performance like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anias
    I have a feeling that the whole story has not yet been told.
    I agree. It is not just that, there is something missing. If the OP is not hiding something, he has not realised what has been going on yet. Perhaps OP and friend #1 have something about their attitude they should pay more attention to.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lac
    The addon no longer spams during combat, they fixed that ages ago. Your raiders can have it on and it wont lower performance like it used to.
    I disagree. Some nights we have no disconnections. Some nights we have loads of them. On nights when we have disconnections, we do a scan for Gear Score, and some people have it loaded. They relog and turn it off, and the disconnections stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Leacl

Quote Originally Posted by Anias
    I have a feeling that the whole story has not yet been told.
    My WholeStoryNotTold machine has caught a signal!

Friend 2 isn't worthy of being a human being. Ditch him, tell him you will give him 20g and you just need to know where he is and then put his ass on ignore. When he whispers you, he will see "You are being ignored." He deserves it for being an idiot for not talking to a friend because they use a certain addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Friend 2 is emo enough to cut my lawn.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

If you are judging that friend on his score then yes he has every right.
    I make a point of not using the addon myself, and I will never use it or something similar out of principle.
    Some people do get considerable less lag particularly during raids by ignoring those with the spammier addons such as gearscore etc.

Would it be justified if I kicked raiders from my guild because they downloaded Gear Score?
    From the above where some people have demonstrated that addons can contribute to raid lag.
    If there are guild rules stating that gearscore is not to be used by members of the guild, then yes you can kick people for doing so.
    There are addons to monitor addon spam, and can identify in many cases what those in your guild/raid or even those who have you on friends lists are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mightimace
    Then screw friend 2.
    http://trojancondoms.com/
    Look! Words!

I bet OP and friend1 did somethings together which shocked friend2. Now he doesnt associate with those kinds

10+ Year Old Account

You need to tell him it's just a game and to suck it up.

Or if you aren't telling the whole story you 2 maybe need to realize it's just a game and suck it up.

For everyone that is stating that friend 2 is emo, ditch him, cut him loose, is gay, etc. You obviously have never had a friend that reacted in an unexpected way to something you did. If you have and you react this way, then YOU were never their friend. Unless this is what has really become of the world, where we even treat friends like /b/tards.

A friend takes the time to try and find out what is the real cause of the problem, not just cut them off at the first sign of a complication. Take the time to ask if there is another reason why he is bothered by you or friend #1, let him know your point of view without sounding like you are attacking him. If you attempt to reach out and he still is rude, then you apologize for not being able to see eye to eye on this and move on.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting all uppity about the add-on makes no sense, unless you were making fun of his gear :-\