Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Blizzard increase our Action bar size?

Blizzard keeps adding new spells, but the action bar ui never has improved to compensate for this action.

Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Will Blizzard increase our Action bar size?

That's a good point. I wonder if there'll ever be a movable action bar or two added to the original UI.

Do you use every single spell you have and need it on your main action bar?
    If yes: use Bartender. More space than you could need.
    If no: You have no valid point.

...bartender? binds? macros? I mean it'd be nice to have more on the standard bar but with all the mods to help with that why would they change it if they don't need to?

How about the stand by answer....Maybe

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    Blizzard keeps adding new spells, but the action bar ui never has improved to compensate for this action.
    brrrr...
    bartender 4 life.
    blizz's UI is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by kiliaan
    ...bartender? binds? macros? I mean it'd be nice to have more on the standard bar but with all the mods to help with that why would they change it if they don't need to?
    Because they always say they don't want us to have to download AddOns. They should supply everything within the normal UI.

but there are 5 action bars in the standard UI, and the main bar has 6 pages on it. no addons needed.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

From my understanding Blizzard is consolidating or removing a lot of spells. This could result in some classes and specs having a net loss of abilities.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn
    From my understanding Blizzard is consolidating or removing a lot of spells. This could result in some classes and specs having a net loss of abilities.
    They are doing this with talents, and even then its kind of a lose way to put things. I dont believe any spells or abilities will be merged or removed in some sort of grand pruning process. Its a given that some will be altered/removed/possibly combines, but my point is that I have heard nothing of this being something they are actively and specifically seeking.

On topic, yeah that would be nice. I use bartender because I'm not a loser, but losers need nice things too I guess.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    They are doing this with talents, and even then its kind of a lose way to put things. I dont believe any spells or abilities will be merged or removed in some sort of grand pruning process. Its a given that some will be altered/removed/possibly combines, but my point is that I have heard nothing of this being something they are actively and specifically seeking.

On topic, yeah that would be nice. I use bartender because I'm not a loser, but losers need nice things too I guess.
    Actually I think a "general pruning process" is exactly what's happening. Take this quote from the official Mage preview:
    source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/12947...-preview-mage/
    We are planning to remove spells that don't have a clear purpose. Amplify Magic, Dampen Magic, Fire Ward, and Frost Ward are being removed from the game, and we may remove more.
    While other some class previews weren't this explicit on the subject, there is no reason to think any other abilities that "lack a clear purpose" are staying around.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn
    While other some class previews weren't this explicit on the subject, there is no reason to think any other abilities that "lack a clear purpose" are staying around.
    Still dont get this, how on earth does something that absorbs damage not have a clear purpose? With this reasoning you might as well take out frost bolt, as its purpose is about as clear as fire ward.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

There are far more pressing problems with the Blizzard UI than the "lack" of action bar space.

10+ Year Old Account

I think raidframes are a bigger priority for default UI. At least make them groupable.

Why the hell this far into this OLD games life would every player not have dominoes or bartender yet? I mean seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Why the hell this far into this OLD games life would every player not have dominoes or bartender yet? I mean seriously....
    Because people are often under the impression that they can jump into a game without doing any kind of research and end up pulling their weight based on what they learn as they go, for whatever reason (my favorite is "I wouldn't do this for a job", because it summarizes all the others so well and is such a great lie).

10+ Year Old Account

There are only 6 bars. Displaying them on the sides and such will just move them from the bottom scroll.
    I have not used bartender as I had a issue with it working with TimerButtons. So, IMO it would be nice if the standard ui were cleaner and movable.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Actually i have been playing since january 06 and never liked dominoes nor bartender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    Still dont get this, how on earth does something that absorbs damage not have a clear purpose? With this reasoning you might as well take out frost bolt, as its purpose is about as clear as fire ward.
    because with the high level mage armor skills, you almost never see a mage bothering to use fire ward or frost ward. and when was the last time a mage bothered with amp or damp magic? Duh any spell has a clear purpose, you could say Sentry totem has a clear purpose, to spy on an area your not physically at, is it ever used? no.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, i'm content with default action bars. I like them more than anything else i've tried thus far.