What freakin class?! D:

Hey fellas, I have a minor problem that I have to solve quickly!

This is the deal, I've been playing horde on one realm and have two 80s there already.
    The problem is now that my friend has gotten tired of the realm, the horde and his character.
    I have to say I feel the same way with about 15 minutes BG queues and such kinda things.

We decided to start over on a new realm and really star a new with alliance characters.
    So, he was quick with deciding to go for Warlock since he had that in mind from before.
    Now I had a bit of a problem deciding what class to go with. My main was Mage, and my other 80
    was a Priest. Now, I personally think that leveling another character of the same class, so what would I go?
    I decided to go Paladin, for the massive utility with tanking/DPS/healing, awesome for leveling AND at 80.
    Since we are mainly going to play PvP I figured I would go Holy since I do enjoy healing, but another problem arises.

Another friend of mine who has played Palading since the early days of vanilla came and we had a little chat.
    He didn't really get me superpumped to play Pala, he said that Paladin was probably one of the most boring classes.

Is he actually right? Should I try to find a new class or should I stick with Pala and hope I will like it?

I would like to play a class that would benefit both me by providing me fun and helping my friends.
    Personally I really don't care what kinda class it is, I just want it to require some skill and have fun and dynamic
    gameplay.

Pl0x halp?

Re: What freakin class?! D:

Resto druid /thread
    IRL I'm a Pokemon master. I play WoW to escape from reality, it can be tough at times.
    -
    Life is like a box of chocolates... I'm a dog so it makes me sick.

Deleted

If BGs matter to you, and playing with this friend of yours in this BG matters to you too, then Holy Pally is a pretty good choice as they are at the moment. Beacon of light and a decent amount of resilience can allow a holy paladin to keep itself and one other person (or more to a lesser extent) alive through almost anything, due its dedicated but still multi-target healing style.

I've had several good healers help me PvP with BGs before, but it was only a holy pally who was able to keep us both up under repeated zerg attempts and allow me to get 39 KBs without dying in EoTS. Considering how much we were focussed by groups of horde, and that I was a blood DK in T10 pve gear, I have to say I was f***ing impressed.

my, if you do like healing and having fun in bgs, is shaman. i have quite alot of fun with elemental in pvp, and resto is a great healing spec

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia

@Elysia: GZ, you won the douche of the topic award! I would personally say that this topic has more detailed things than "what should I roll".

Thanks for the responses; playing the pala does indeed sound fun then
    But I'm mostly aiming for arenas. Sure, BGs will be played, but in the end it will almost only be arenas.

Again, thanks for the responses, I'll keep rolling on with the Pala

Quote Originally Posted by Daerken
    He didn't really get me superpumped to play Pala, he said that Paladin was probably one of the most boring classes.

Is he actually right? Should I try to find a new class or should I stick with Pala and hope I will like it?

I would like to play a class that would benefit both me by providing me fun and helping my friends.
    Personally I really don't care what kinda class it is, I just want it to require some skill and have fun and dynamic
    gameplay.
    Well it depends on how you enjoy playing.

Ret is no way fun at all, unless you like pressing a few buttons and killing people requiring no skill.

I play a Holy Paladin and sometimes it gets boring in the sense you have only 3 healing spells. 2 used in a fast paced environment.(Shock & Flash) But to compensate, Holy Paladins bring a lot of utility(blessing/hand spells) and survival(plate & bubble).

It gets fun when you pop all your CDs and have like infinite heals with you and you dont die in WSG carrying the flag. I remember one time in WSG when it was a faceoff at midfield when me(FC) and the other FC including all horde and alliance were fighting, we had a resto druid and shaman and i popped blessing of salvation(20% reduce damage glyph+lay on hands) and healed myself for eternity. +1 flag for horde =D

The plate armor + no interrupts(conc aura) + earth shield/riptide + sacred shield HOT + rejuv/regrowth/wild growth + PW: Shield + Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings Absorb Shield + Flash of Light Spam + Hand of Freedom + Hand of Salvation = Adreneline Rush

Sometimes I wonder if Paladins are the best hero class ever -.-

I would personally say that this topic has more detailed things than "what should I roll".
    gameplay.

Pl0x halp?
    So, regardless of all the information you provided, you still asked for a FFA answer. Which does, indeed, fall under what I posted from the forum guidelines.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

15+ Year Old Account

Read the forum guidelines please. We don't allow "Which class should I roll" threads.