Frost Spec 2h build

This is a frost spec for those who have a lot of ArP and Bryntroll.

*Edit*

Based on replies and personal trial and error, I've changed the spec to:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...WvWb,SaI,11685

Your thoughts are welcomed
    "Thor: Qvuiet, I'm trying to sneak up on them!"

Re: Frost Spec 2h build

I'm pretty sure there is a blue post stating Frost is meant to be played with two 1-handers. Two hand frost may do damage, but it will be inferior to dual wield frost.

I am certainly no expert on frost and two handers BUT i am pretty sure 2h frost TANKING is the only viable builds for frost and a two hander. I could be wrong so don't quote me on what i say.

Anyways, you should probably add some more reasons for why you think this is better than DW frost or 2h blood/unholy dps. (unless you don't think it is better...)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If you use glyph of disease without epidemic you will not be able to use death runes for obliterate without blood tapping, and death rune mastery is useless. Glyph of unbreakable armour should be replaced with glyph of frost strike. A possibly workable version of that spec would look like this, but 2h frost is still always worse than dual wield frost unless you have significantly worse 1h weapons than 2h as zao said.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm note entirely sure what the purpose of that spec is.
    Tanking? Missing essential survival talents
    DPS? GoUbA says no, also 2h Frost DPS is not viable. (Exception would be if you only had like 2x 132 1h vs a 277 2h)
    Also you specced into Death Rune Master...why? You don't need those Deathrunes. And what Shiira said is also correct.

Yeah I'm still working on it. I'm going to change to UH subspec, and see how that goes, also, you're correct, unbreakable armor glyph is not as great as I thought. The idea behind it was the synergy with Bladed Armor.

The reasons I'm thinking about doing this build are:

- Bryntroll benefits a lot from the extra haste
    - good (slow) 1 handers for frost spec never seem to drop in our ICC 25 runs
    - I find Unholy really annoying

So I thought this might be a nice option.

10+ Year Old Account

If you find UH annoying, go blood. 2h frost is a waste of effort.

on the one hand i appreciate the dedication to an ideal

on the other hand you are basically trying to use a length of cable to eat your breakfast. sure you COULD, but it's not effective so why do it?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

So trying to play 2H frost dps is like trying to be a melee hunter...you'll do damage and be unique but its a lost cause because you will suck compared to other talent and weapon combinations...

Actually right now, I'm doing 100 less DPS on dummie than I used to do with UH build. So I guess it doesn't suck that much (:

There is such thing as special cases, making builds according to your unique gear set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocitas-NC
    This is a frost spec for those who have a lot of ArP and Bryntroll.
    If you have Bryntroll and a bunch of ArP, go blood (hell even unholy) and you'll do more damage. Otherwise, get a pair of bloodvenom blades or something else really easy if you want to stay frost.

Dummy numbers mean nothing, especially not when comparing two different specs that bring different buffs and debuffs.

Dummies are for testing rotations and procs, not for obtaining numbers to compare dps specs.

From my perspective, 2h frost was possible in early WOTLK. Now when Frost is so called "pure Dual Wield", you have 2 talents that let you hit harder with FS and Obli by using 2x 1h. Going for 2h frost atm will not make you able to deal more damage with your Obli and FS (main frost tree attacks) than 2x 1 handers. So when you hit Obli with DW you hit 2x Obli within one button pressing and that's > 1x2h Obli. Beside that, you got haste talents, you deal really good damage with auto attacks. Can't give you exact math because I didnt do any but if you like arpen and 2h go for Blood while it's playable until Cata. I hate unholy too so if you really want to be frost, get 1 handers from 10 man - Gutbuster from Festergut and axe from Lootship.

2h frost worked in t7 and t8 because it was originally designed as a 2h tree, dual wield is better now because it is currently being designed as a dual wield tree.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocitas-NC
    Actually right now, I'm doing 100 less DPS on dummie than I used to do with UH build. So I guess it doesn't suck that much (:
    Or that dummies are not an adequate simulation for your average boss fight. I know I do half the damage on dummies than I do on a boss. Does that mean I suck? I don't think so.

There is such thing as special cases, making builds according to your unique gear set.
    Yes, it's called speccing UH or Blood if you have a good two-hander. 2h frost is not so far behind everything else it's not even funny.

First, a target dummy isn't a good representation of a raid enviroment. UN-Frost with all the raid buffs and synergy can't be compared to a target dummy.
    Second, if you think its ok to do 100 DPS more then UH with 2h frost, grab 2 1h weapons, and then see how you can easily do 500 to 1k more DPS, and you'll realize then how pathetic 2h frost is atm.

I personally prefer 2h frost, but its dead now. Just wait till Blizz brings it back once they don't need to fit tanking into frost any more.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

frankly id go further into blood. BCB is not as good as it is for unholy, as u lack a disease. also i believe auto attack isnt that biga part of your damage.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...t7jy,SaI,11685

is what i would run with if i wanted to spec 2h frost.

You'll just have to wait till patch 4.0 if you want a competitive spec for 2H frost. Right now it falls behind due to the way Frost was balanced around using 2 1H weapons. This is one thing the dev's better deliver on for DKs.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost 2h is not viable anymore . Get over it
    Insert Signiture here.