Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Racial Revamp (what id like to see)

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes
    tauren racial i want to see
    Whupass stick
    5% more dmg when using maces

seeing as in wc3 they used giant totems as weapons
    i thought about the totem thing, wasn't sure how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Albert, i like some of the racials but they kind of run together and are less unique i know allot of mine are like that but i was trying to avoid that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Wisp is dreadful considering it takes up one of our racial "slots".

Blood Elf-
    Fabio: You instantly rip off your shirt, and all enemies are drawn to you for 15 seconds. This has a 2 minute cooldown. Only usable when a shirt it equipped(Which is difficult due to your sexiness)

*Poke*
    *Jiggle jiggle jiggle*

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory
    Personally, though the goblins and worgen do not exemplify this currently, I like to see at least one racial having sort of a 'double edged sword' effect on the player. After all, a racial trait is not always going to be a good thing.

As examples:

In one thread I suggested that dwarves have a racial trait that takes advantage of drunkenness. With each level of drunkenness (tipsy, drunk, smashed) the dwarf gains some damage/healing (depending on class) while losing some hit chance/haste (whichever makes more sense). When smashed, taking damage gives a dwarf a chance to fly into a rage, increasing attack speed by a significant amount, but causing you to lose control of your character for some time. Naturally a passive effect of this racial would be to negate the graphic effect of being drunk (blurred screen) to a degree where the game remains playable.

A Horde example could be orcs having 'Fel Heritage'. This ability would cause your crits with healing/damage to stack a buff increasing your given spec's top tier mastery. The buff lasts only a few seconds, and falls off if another crit doesn't occur within those seconds. If you crit enough times to get a max stack, the next ability you use has its effect increased by XX%, consuming the charges and placing a debuff on you. That debuff prevents stacking 'fel heritage' buffs for a set time period, and places a reduction on ability effectiveness, starting at that same XX% but reducing every so many seconds until the debuff falls off.

That kind of stuff makes things interesting: do you roll an orc rogue, hoping to capitalize on that buff? Do you attend a raid drunk as a dwarf to increase your damage, but risk being unable to run out of fire?

These kind of things are awesome to me.
    I wish you worked at blizzard.

The ability to throw any one handed weapo and polearms would be a good way to redeem throwing specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashtestdummy
    Night elves currently:
    3 passive
    1 cool down
    1 useless

new Night elves:
    Ok seriously, the useless talents have to go, the wisp thing is pointless i remember being a night elf hunter in pre bc and thought wow what a useless racial this game must suck, i was level 20 at the time.
    Keep elusiveness, change nature resistance and all other resistance spells to reduce damage taken instead of chance of being hit, no one wants to get more hit, its annoying.
    also change quickness to reduce damage 2% of this specific talent and 4% for the night elf Nature resistance (6% reduce damage for all others, because night elves have 2)
    i don't know what kind of things to do with inscription and it was the last talent i had to any ideas post them and they'll probably be better than any of my ideas.
    change wisp form to something like when you die a wisp comes out from your body and attacks them for 8 seconds or the wisp within you explodes and does AOE damage or something like that.
    Good effort. Let me just state that in lore, night elves are highly resistant to any form of magic, in wow they kept this aspect although they made it only nature magic, which was kinda silly, all magic would have been pointless. Pre the 3rd war, night elves were immortal and had near immunity to most types of magical effect, they lost all that with their immortality according to the lore books.

You idea isn't bad either. I walso was thinking along something of the wisp detonation. Maybe it could aadd close like if the detonation kills a target you have chance you will release spirit close to your body. A better option to would be to be able to kamikaze yourself, you sacrifice your life and your wisp spirit detonates doing massive damage to all nearby targets. If your detonation kills a target, you have a chance your released spirit wisp will spawn near your body. [Night elves will always be wisps in death because that's where wisps come from.]

Also Shadowmeld, would be nice if they returned the threat dump, since all racials are getting upgraded.

The current racials could be redone in much more interesting ways, for example:

Dwarves
    • Treasure Hunter: Increases the likelihood of finding uncommon and rare items.
    • Gun Mastery: Increases your chance to critically hit with Guns by 1% and reduces the required level of Guns by 3.
    • Born to Brew: Getting absolutely smashed has unforeseen side effects...

Gnomes
    • Doyouthinkhesaurus: Reduces the range for creatures to notice you.
    • Brains: Your critical spell hits increase your Intellect and Spell Haste by 1% for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.