Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CLCret for Hunters?

I recently re-rolled a Hunter, and with a Ret Paladin main, i have grown used to my CLCret addon. Knowing that MM hunters go off a priority shot list, i was wondering if there was an addon to visually prioritize your shots similar to CLCret.

Re: CLCret for Hunters?

Fortexorcist is a great addon.

But tbh .... MM hunters have 2 priority shot ... Chimera and Aimed
    Serpent sting should rpactically always be up ... and you just use steady shot when Chimera - Aimed are on CD.
    Use Arcane Shot while moving if Chimera and Aimed are on CD.
    Kill Shot comes priority n1 when boss is at 20%

Kill Shot -> Chimera -> Aimed -> Steady

If you really need an addon for that ... keep playing with ur ret paladin ... and NEVER roll another DPS class.

10+ Year Old Account

you shouldn't really need an addon, i think if you are MM you should have it as chimera>aimed>arcane shot(not sure bout arcane shot since im ARP MM)> then steady shot.

If you get good gear on it and you gem ARP, its the same but without arcane shot as VInotteglie said.

so ya, no need for an addon at that =)

Side Note:you should try Zug Zug Huntar addon if you spec for Improved Tracking. Auto Tracking <3

Alright. Ty.
    It seemed much more on the EJ forum post, but you really clarified it for me. It's not so much an addon i depend on, but its nice for the T10 2p, but that's about it.

You can try Ovale

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/ovale.aspx

It has custom rotation scripts for pretty much every class/spec and if you take the time to learn the scripting language you can customize how it works.

What you want is Faceshooter - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ceShooter.html (should be linked somewhere in the EJ useful addons post too).
    Especially usefully for MM, shows when it is a good time to manually refresh Serpent Sting and how much damage you'll gain.

I am not a fan of CLCRet, it adds clutter to the screen and only tells you things you should know how to do anyways.

a far better addon is Miks Scrolling Battle Text, it will show some procs (like AoW even though it is always up, how many stacks you have from any trinkets...) and it can all be set up to keep your screen neat and clean. I NEVER look anywhere but at my debuffs, my parties debuffs, threat and the ground when i raid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch
    Side Note:you should try Zug Zug Huntar addon if you spec for Improved Tracking. Auto Tracking <3
    If u have read the talent correctly is says that whenever you track humanoids, beasts, giants, elementals, dragonkin, undead or demons you do 5% more dmg to all kinds so that addon is worthless for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralook
    I recently re-rolled a Hunter, and with a Ret Paladin main, i have grown used to my CLCret addon. Knowing that MM hunters go off a priority shot list, i was wondering if there was an addon to visually prioritize your shots similar to CLCret.
    If you need an addon to dps as a pally then you should think one more time if you need it, but for MM the rotation is as said before: (serpent sting), Kill Shot -> Chimera Shot -> Aimed Shot -> Arcane Shot if not high on arp otherwise skip that -> Steady shot when you have enough arp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralook
    ... i was wondering if there was an addon to visually prioritize your shots similar to CLCret.
    yes, there are a couple. Someone already mentioned Faceshooter, another you can have a look at is Watcher.

It's also very handy to have some type of alert when your 2pc T10 buff procs (many addons you can add.. simple one is just power aura's)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwisp
    "If you need an addon to dps as a pally"
    I don't NEED an addon to dps. I like an addon to dps, especially when it shows me when my DS resets when im trying to watch other things, not starring at my action bars. It's something i started using when i first started raiding, so its a nice learning tool to get comfortable with my priorities. Secondly, i do not have a question ABOUT the rotation, and back on topic, i have a question about addons to use that are helpful to a MM hunters priority (Like CLCret). Thank you to those of you who have made suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninhursag
    What you want is Faceshooter - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ceShooter.html (should be linked somewhere in the EJ useful addons post too).
    Especially usefully for MM, shows when it is a good time to manually refresh Serpent Sting and how much damage you'll gain.
    i use that just for the serpent sting frame so i know when to reapply

Milk scrolling battle text

or

Icehud.

MSBT tells you when cooldowns are up on it's own. Icehud it's easy to set up custom bars to watch your counters and timers.

Ovale Spell Priority is like clcret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really understand why you would need an addon, it's pretty straight forward once you get the hang of things. I've also noticed that some of the addons give the wrong spell to use.

Deleted
    This thread is from 2010 so I quess the OP don't need the addon anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    What a necro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha oops.

Deleted
    TJ, I can't help but feel that your DP is appropriate for harro's reply :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nabbyMchunter View Post
    TJ, I can't help but feel that your DP is appropriate for harro's reply :P
    This had me in stitches.