Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    I am about to buy a machine from ibuypower and my major concern is why is it so cheap. All the builds from ibuypower are cheaper than the stuff you have included in the chart. It goes against logic here a little bit that it would be cheaper to have someone ship you a completed custom build pc, rather than assemble it yourself. Where are they skimping? I have heard nothing but good things about ibuypower from here and from RL friends. Is new egg ripping us off? Someone please explain this curiosity to me.....
    Hard to say without concrete examples. Quick look at iBuyPower says that they're putting in rather underpowered graphics card compared to other hardware, noname PSU and cheapest possible motherboard. All of those combined will show as $1-200 dip in the pricetag. Also the pricechart in this thread is getting old and outdated. And if you're comparing iBuypower with other pre-built market computers, there's no monitor included either even though the pictures on their web site might make you believe otherwise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Case NZXT Tempest EVO Gaming Case-Black
    Processor Intel® Core™ i5 760 Processor (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache)-
    Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink-
    Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-** FREE Upgrade from DDR3-1333 ** Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5870 - 1GB-Single Card
    Motherboard [SLI] ASUS P7P55D-E PRO w/ 10-ch HD Audio-
    Power Supply 750 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-750AX-
    Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s-Single Drive
    Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
    Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
    Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
    Operating System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only-
    Monitor None-
    2nd Monitor None-
    Speaker System None-
    Power Protection None-
    Headset None-
    Video Camera None-
    Warranty Standard Warranty Service-Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support
    Rush Service Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
    Subtotal* $1297.00 (plus tax & shipping)

Ok there are some concrete specific examples. Compare this to the "Outstanding" build, almost the same parts, even brand names. And i was totally wrong. You were right about the graphics card being underpowered for the builds i was looking at, at least compared to Cilraaz's chart. On the chart the rough estimate for the "Outstanding" build is 1015.

You could check the parts list of what iBuyPower quotes you from NewEgg to see how big is their cut. Almost $300 higher than the shopping list in first post is bit strange.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we recommend stuff to others? I have the CoolerMaster CM690 case (as do a few other people I know) and of all the cases I've owned throughout the years it is by far my favorite.

Suggestion though: Don't put the 'best-value-for-the-money' on items, it will only cause people to get butt-hurt and post about it when they have something and see that it's not the best rated. If people are interested in purchasing the item they can do a bit of their own research or (god forbid) click the link and see what people on NewEgg say about said item.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

That first post really needs to be updated.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png

That will also be updated soon, talks with the creator and such are going on with the new price drops and AMD 6xxx around now, lots of reviews are mixed.

Thanks for having this in the sticky, but could you use the latest version? It is 1.0c

(Yes, I created an account just to post this )

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated as requested. Sorry for being a bit slow on it.

Deleted
    mhm. Looks like http://i.imgur.com/8pJED.png res got abit smaller? Really hard to read even while zoomed in. Anything you could do about that?
    Also ive always wondered. is that chart for gaming in general or only WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like imgur shrunk the full size image for some reason. I'll link directly to the photobucket copy.

The chart is for computers in general. It's not necessarily gaming- or WoW-specific.

Deleted
    Alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please add Lian-Li Lancool PC-K62 to the list of cases? Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. It's features, looks and build-quality easily rival anything Coolermaster, Antec or NZXT have to offer in a similar price range. I'd say the cable management and tool-less implementation surpasses it's competitors.
    I know the list isn't supposed to be showing EVERY part, but you've got the ancient Antec 900 there (902 now!) and no Lian-Li -_-

Also, entire post needs to be updated for Sandy Bridge
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-01-24 at 05:24 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Lancool PC-K57, PC-K59 and PC-K63 have also been released, but the exterior styling may not be for everyone. They've got too many angles for my taste.

Need suggestions on a cheap laptop to run wow with. $400-600 range, with a 7200rpm HD. Also wil be running 10 man raids if at all possible want to run 25's with it. So whats cheap enuff and can do these things???

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Need suggestions on a cheap laptop to run wow with. $400-600 range, with a 7200rpm HD. Also wil be running 10 man raids if at all possible want to run 25's with it. So whats cheap enuff and can do these things???
    OEMs have to cut down somewhere to make laptops cheaper and more affordable, and the first thing they will target is the GPU/CPU followed by HDD/RAM/LCD. With that said, 5400 rpm and 7200rpm does not really make that much of a difference. My old laptop had a 7200rpm HDD (I upgraded it from 5400rpm) and my new laptop has a 5400rpm HDD. It makes no noticable difference, my new laptop is still way ahead of my old one as far as load times and multi-tasking power are concerned.

This is probably the better new laptops you can get for under $600:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115863

If you want to get a refurb one, this one is a steal, even though it is a few bucks above your budget, if you're not convinced, read some of the reviews:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220715

Second one is a better choice, but the choice you make is up to you.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    OEMs have to cut down somewhere to make laptops cheaper and more affordable, and the first thing they will target is the GPU/CPU followed by HDD/RAM/LCD. With that said, 5400 rpm and 7200rpm does not really make that much of a difference. My old laptop had a 7200rpm HDD (I upgraded it from 5400rpm) and my new laptop has a 5400rpm HDD. It makes no noticable difference, my new laptop is still way ahead of my old one as far as load times and multi-tasking power are concerned.

This is probably the better new laptops you can get for under $600:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115863

If you want to get a refurb one, this one is a steal, even though it is a few bucks above your budget, if you're not convinced, read some of the reviews:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220715

Second one is a better choice, but the choice you make is up to you.

Worth a shit??

Intel® Pentium® processor P6200
    Features 2.5GT/s system bus, 3MB L3 cache and 2.13GHz processor speed.

1696MB total video memory

( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Lap...=1218301622070 )

Scroll down for system details

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...ustomerreviews
    Last edited by Bytch; 2011-02-09 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Those 2 laptops you posted are complete shit (sorry for the lack of a better word). They both have onboard graphics (no dedicated card) which means that they will struggle to get over 10 fps in any game environment. Also, they are both HP and HP laptops have a terrible tendency to overheat more than any other laptop brand manufacturer.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Those 2 laptops you posted are complete shit (sorry for the lack of a better word). They both have onboard graphics (no dedicated card) which means that they will struggle to get over 10 fps in any game environment. Also, they are both HP and HP laptops have a terrible tendency to overheat more than any other laptop brand manufacturer.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...17_A180-156114

Deleted
    Can i ask if the AsRock H61DE/S3 motherboard has integrated graphics? It says it supports it but not that it has it. I ask this because the GPU will come in some days later.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.nl.asp?Model=H61DE/S3