Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard should seriously improve their hosting company.

What are we paying for? 250 ms, constant DC's and yesterday + NOW TODAY half of Blizzards EU servers are down. But i mean seriously. Why can't they find a better host for their servers? I personally think we are experiencing too many networking issues compared to what we pay each month. 13 Euro x 11.500.000 subscribers = 149.500.000 Million Euros a month, and they can't come up with a better provider. What is wrong these days? I am managing network operations, Storage and Capacity Management at a large company in Europe, so i know what i am talking about when it comes to hosting servers.

This is not optimal. We should protest.
    THESE NEW RAIDS HAVE TO EZ EASY MODES, AND TOO HARD HARD MODES. WHILE WE STILL GET THE HARDMODES DOWN, WAIT 1 MONTH FOR BLIZZARD TO NERF THEM SO THAT EVERY1 NOT ONLY GETS TO EXPERIANCE EASY MODES BUT ALSO GETS TO EXPERIANCE HARD MODES TOO....

Re: Blizzard should seriously improve their hosting company.

I'm pretty sure they're their own host.

Deleted

umm didnt they do some bug fixes

Then quit. Nobody is making you play.

I for one see it as a small price to pay.

Blizzard outsources their hosting and networking to AT&T. AT&T has a specific branch of operations dedicated to on-line gaming customers, including Sony, Blizzard, and so on.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t9948-bl...#ixzz0nq0dR71T
    THESE NEW RAIDS HAVE TO EZ EASY MODES, AND TOO HARD HARD MODES. WHILE WE STILL GET THE HARDMODES DOWN, WAIT 1 MONTH FOR BLIZZARD TO NERF THEM SO THAT EVERY1 NOT ONLY GETS TO EXPERIANCE EASY MODES BUT ALSO GETS TO EXPERIANCE HARD MODES TOO....

Quote Originally Posted by emil0s
    I am managing network operations, Storage and Capacity Management at a large company in Europe, so i know what i am talking about when it comes to hosting servers.

This is not optimal. We should protest.
    I dont think you Manage Hosting or Networking in a not even REMOTLY large Scale that WoW need.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster
    I dont think you Manage Hosting or Networking in a not even REMOTLY large Scale that WoW need.
    Apperantly, my company appears to be one of the highest bandwith hosting companies in the world. However, this is not the discussion. The discussion is about Blizzard not being able to come up with a better solution.

Hmm, I thought you were complaining about something different.

Do you have any suggestions as who should host blizzard? Since you know what you're talking about, you must know exactly what Blizzard should do that would solve the problem in no time!

Well, like Kaloryth said, what about an Suggestion to "Fix" it.
    Or maybe some Facts.

You assume even wrong numbers in the First Place.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    Hmm, I thought you were complaining about something different.

Do you have any suggestions as who should host blizzard? Since you know what you're talking about, you must know exactly what Blizzard should do that would solve the problem in no time!
    A solution could be IBM or BNT aswell as a wide selection of companies.

We should protest.
    He already stated his solution...its right there ^

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTabasco
    He already stated his solution...its right there ^
    Yea, you were Right. It´s the Fastest and Best solution. I bet if 50% just Quit, it would run much more Smoothly.

Edit:
    Anyway did i tell you that the last time, I had Problems with the Server, was somewhen last Year?

A solution could be IBM or BNT aswell as a wide selection of companies.
    How can you guarantee that these companies will be any better? Do you know intimate details of how AT&T hosts Blizzard's servers that we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTabasco
    Then quit. Nobody is making you play.

I for one see it as a small price to pay.
    You're a poet?
    And didn't know it?

Outstanding!!

He's also right ^^

Fact, lots of people same place = lag.

Maybe 2012 will bring upgraded servers...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Palatrino
    Fact, lots of people same place = lag.

Maybe 2012 will bring upgraded servers...
    Or the end of the world.

Equal probability, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    How can you guarantee that these companies will be any better? Do you know intimate details of how AT&T hosts Blizzard's servers that we don't?
    Considering the quote for proof was a 3 year old post, and mostly talked about by US players, it doesn't strike me as odd that Blizzard could possibly have changed providers, already had different providers for the EU, etc.

Just be patience it happens once in a while, I'm sure they're trying their best, sometimes they might have their up and downs. relax.

15+ Year Old Account

AT&T is a total piece of shit. Everyone in the US knows it. The only reason any consumer here uses them is for the iPhone, which the exclusivity deal will eventually kill, or nothing else is available in the area. I'm sure there are other options for Blizzard, but maybe they aren't cost effective enough or something. Regardless, if Blizzard felt it was an issue that threatened their customer base it would be fixed in a second.

Personally I am just thankful it has been about a year since Comcast and AT&T were unable to link up data transfers resulting in every Comcast customer being unable to connect to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    AT&T is a total piece of shit. Everyone in the US knows it. The only reason any consumer here uses them is for the iPhone, which the exclusivity deal will eventually kill, or nothing else is available in the area. I'm sure there are other options for Blizzard, but maybe they aren't cost effective enough or something. Regardless, if Blizzard felt it was an issue that threatened their customer base it would be fixed in a second.

Personally I am just thankful it has been about a year since Comcast and AT&T were unable to link up data transfers resulting in every Comcast customer being unable to connect to the game.
    You're comparing AT&T's cell phone service to their hosting services (or you just structured your argument poorly), not really the same thing.