Thread: SoComm+HotR=???

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoComm+HotR=???

I've heared that combining Seal of Command with Hammer of the Righteous is overpowered, but can anyone tell me exactly what is happening, why it is as good as it is, and if it's worth taking? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by galten1234 View Post
    i have thinking of a new hero class the dragon drake it would be a dragon that would be in horde and have attack like 90% damage and 10% frostbolt and maybe a pet thaat is a serpent? i think it would be very good and it could also have ability called fire and do 30% fire damage !! it will be aswsome plz blizz do this class!

Re: SoComm+HotR=???

Hammer procs seals. Seal of Command hits two targets when it procs. For 4+ mob tanking, SoC is alright. Otherwise, stick with SoV.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Rayocell - BE Paladin (Holy/Prot)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Durashell - UD Rogue (Combat/Sub)

Ah, thank you Dura
    Quote Originally Posted by galten1234 View Post
    i have thinking of a new hero class the dragon drake it would be a dragon that would be in horde and have attack like 90% damage and 10% frostbolt and maybe a pet thaat is a serpent? i think it would be very good and it could also have ability called fire and do 30% fire damage !! it will be aswsome plz blizz do this class!

Correction: Two additional targets per SoC proc. I'm not sure if the additional HotR hits proc the cleave, but I'm sure the initial hit does.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Rayocell - BE Paladin (Holy/Prot)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Durashell - UD Rogue (Combat/Sub)

Deleted

the additional hammer hits don't proc the cleave.

but it is fun doing 50% of the damage and DPS in a heroic when the rest is undergeared.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    the additional hammer hits don't proc the cleave.
    it does, or it was 4 weeks ago

as the tooltip say

the cleave effect only proc off single target ability so, divine storm and HotR does not proc the cleave effect but ofc proc the seal damage on the damaged targets

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kayvas
    as the tooltip say

the cleave effect only proc off single target ability so, divine storm and HotR does not proc the cleave effect but ofc proc the seal damage on the damaged targets
    go test it then and read the 25 thread made about this
    it proc

Deleted

most tests thathave been done comfirms that all hammer hits proccs the additional 2 hits from SoC this is propably becuase the hammeris a cleave effect and not an standard aoe effect so hammer+SoC=lots of proccs making it superior to anything else for quick aoe treath.
    this was atleat the case a couple of weeks ago and from what ive seen no offivial no0tes have come on it being changed.

test made by me 1 min ago

1 autoattack=3 command hit
    1 autoattack=3 command hit

3 targets hit from HoTR does proc 3 command and 1 autoattack does proc 3 hit ... sooo HotR does not proc the cleave effect,(see the swing timer)

again, 1 autoattack 3 seal proc, Hotr hit 3 target 3 seal proc

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    As others have said, HotR procs seals and since it's not a true AoE attack, it's not quite been coded correctly. Last time i tested i had 9 damage sources (3 HotR, 6 SoComm). I think the numbers i gave were 16 sources if using the HotR glyph. I can't remember the math exactly as it was quite a while ago. I was getting this sorta combo (Without the glyph. A B C are targets);
    HotR A -> SoComm B + SoComm C
    HotR B -> SoComm C + SoComm A
    HotR C -> SoComm A + SoComm B

This was WITHOUT a melee swing (you can position your hitbox so you can't melee, but you can do HotR).

It's quite possible this has been stealth hotfixed though. Regardless, SoComm is STILL such a superior AoE tanking seal that it's one point i'm glad i picked up when they made the change to the seal itself. Additionally, when Glyphed, it's almost required to use SoComm for Prot PvP (doncha love fiddly mechanics). Likewise, SoR is excellent for burst threat (for example, the oozes on Rotface... or festergut, i forget which). SoV is good for all-round performance and boss tanking.

We'll soon see where they're heading with our seals and HotR in the future, as i'm fairly sure that seals will become even further defined (and hopefully, they've gone with my idea of allowing one damaging and one restorative seal at the same time... although obviously, i doubt it'll happen).
    The post above you just proved you wrong, and I can verify that HotR hits DO NOT proc the 2 addition cleave attacks from SoComm.

Example:
    1 Melee swing with 3+ targets = 3 SoComm hits.
    1 HotR hit with 4+ targets = 4 SoComm hits (with the HotR glyph of course). It will not hit any more than 4 times.
    If using a combat text addon, such as MSBT, it can condense it to just say 4 hits or whatever. If you get a melee swing at the same time as you use HotR, you can have it say up to 7 hits from 1 source, so it might be a little misleading.

Then explain why SoV tanking trash before marrowgar (big pulls) I can pull ~3-4k, Yet when I decided to go SoCleave, I started pulling ~7-8k dps on the trash, and ended up tanking it all cz of the threat it smashes out on snap agro AoE.

as the tooltip say

HotR is a single target Cleave ability. It is not classed as an AoE ability in terms of its use. Concecration, Blizzard, DnD etc are AoE. Even Multi shot is considered a single target ability. As the ability does not have an Area of Effect as such in the same way Concecration does. Therefor, in the combat logs and mechanics, is not considered an AoE spell.

Bawk
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

@Kayvas. Yup, because having only 3 targets in range is a totally valid test.

~I'm french, expect shitty grammar~

Quote Originally Posted by evrazin
    @Kayvas. Yup, because having only 3 targets in range is a totally valid test.

Agreed, 3 targets isn't enough. The proc will proc to targets that arent effected by the initial hits (in this case there is 3 (4 glyphed) initial hits (in terms of a mobn to mob bases, not the target mob)). As per my above post, if SoCleave only hit those two extra targets, and didnt proc off of the chained hits from HotR, then how in the hell does my tanking dps double by using it? It hits for about 800 in the buffed environment, and an etra 1600 dmg every 6 seconds will not equate to 3-4k dps.

Bawk
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).

Deleted

i'll try the SoC splash in VH normal later today.

Quote Originally Posted by thrack18
    The post above you just proved you wrong, and I can verify that HotR hits DO NOT proc the 2 addition cleave attacks from SoComm.

Example:
    1 Melee swing with 3+ targets = 3 SoComm hits.
    1 HotR hit with 4+ targets = 4 SoComm hits (with the HotR glyph of course). It will not hit any more than 4 times.
    If using a combat text addon, such as MSBT, it can condense it to just say 4 hits or whatever. If you get a melee swing at the same time as you use HotR, you can have it say up to 7 hits from 1 source, so it might be a little misleading.
    That said, reading your post again made me think a little.....

1 HotR hit with 4+ targets = 4 SoComm hits
    So your saying here, that SoC hit each target once, but does not proc......so the chain hits trigger the seal, but the seal then wont proc, even off of the 'initial' targeted mob hit. If it only triggered off the first mob hit, you would see atleast 6 SoC hits, 4 seal triggers for each mob effected by the initial hit, and 2 extra for the cleave proc on the first target. Your example says that it doesn't even proc.....which is just lol.

Bawk

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20375#comments
    Seal of Command
    14% of base mana
    Instant cast
    All melee attacks deal [0.36 * mw] to [0.36 * MW] additional Holy damage. When used with attacks or abilities that strike a single target, this additional Holy damage will strike up to 2 additional targets. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing [0.19 * mw + 0.08 * AP + 0.13 * SPH] to [0.19 * MW + 0.08 * AP + 0.13 * SPH] Holy damage.
    hammer of the righteous is a melee attack. it deals damage to 3 other targets, so no multi target ability. this means SoC procs one time from each attack, does not strike 2 additional targets.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Exactly why i said "It's quite possible this has been stealth hotfixed though.".
    i remember testing the same :P
    probably nerfed around when warrior were QQing for aoe agro

Hammer DOES NOT activate the Seal of Command cleave. Each hammer hit will active a single Seal of Command hit which IS NOT the cleave.

I believe it has been this way since Seal of Command was made a cleave, or very soon afterward.

regardless of the grey shroud surrounding any gospel answer - SoComm on trash, while tanking, is awesome.