10+ Year Old Account

BG healing and nameplates

Hi everyone,
    my Paladin recently hit 80 and I want him to be a healer,mostly PvP oriented.
    beeing my first healer since BC (and even back then i only did arena) i find myself having trouble to keep view of healable partymembers.

i try to play ovensively so i do not want to turn off enemy nameplates, so i lose track of my companions when i turn on friendly nameplates too( I am using Aloft).

I am using Grid2 woth mouseover macros, but the problem there is that i can´t keep my focus on where the fighters are running and if one who needs a heal is nearby but slightly out of range.

so my question is, is there either another addon that provides good overview in bg healing or a possibility to make friendly and enemy nameplates different so i can tell them apart.

thanks in advance
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Re: BG healing and nameplates

First off, I'm pretty sure Grid2 is supposed to be for developers and that normal players are supposed to use Grid.

Also, Grid has the ability to shade out people who are out of range, but as for suggestions here are other popular addons:

vuhdoo
    healbot
    xperl
    pitbull

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    First off, I'm pretty sure Grid2 is supposed to be for developers and that normal players are supposed to use Grid.

Also, Grid has the ability to shade out people who are out of range, but as for suggestions here are other popular addons:

vuhdoo
    healbot
    xperl
    pitbull
    yes i know that i can shade out out of range targets and I use that, but the problem is i dont know if the out of range target is on the other side of the map or just 1yrd out of range.

but grid 2 beeing for developers is new to me...I thought it was just an improved version.

Grid2 is a developer addon, because Grid is eventually going to the system that Grid2 uses. However, it's pretty ready for anyone to use, if you're willing to kind of sift through the bugs (IE, needing to reload anytime you use it in arenas). I personally like the Grid2 system a lot better, but I have set Grid up enough that I am totally fine with using it.

What you can do, is shade different colors via different yardages away. Grid, for example, allows you to make someone's Alpha 80% when they're between 40-60 yards away, 40% when it's 60-100 yards away, and 0% when it's 100 yards away if you set it up right.

Name plates can be usefull

but as already stated grid is ftw ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Grid2 is a developer addon, because Grid is eventually going to the system that Grid2 uses. However, it's pretty ready for anyone to use, if you're willing to kind of sift through the bugs (IE, needing to reload anytime you use it in arenas). I personally like the Grid2 system a lot better, but I have set Grid up enough that I am totally fine with using it.

What you can do, is shade different colors via different yardages away. Grid, for example, allows you to make someone's Alpha 80% when they're between 40-60 yards away, 40% when it's 60-100 yards away, and 0% when it's 100 yards away if you set it up right.
    awesome, that is exactly what I was hoping to find
    thanks a lot, this will make my BGs a lot more fun to heal!