Thread: Eminem?

Deleted

Eminem?

So, the question is easy. Eminem. Good or Bad? I would like to hear your opinions.

I personally think he is a very good lyricist, and he does perform those lyrics extremely well. But however, I do admit he has made some awful songs. But all artists do. We just decide which ones we like and listen to them, we don't need to listen to the bad ones more than once

So what do you guys think? Also, what are your favourite of his songs. My top three would be:

-The Way I Am
    -Sing For The Moment
    -Stay Wide Awake

/Discuss

Re: Eminem?

Alot of his stuff seemed too commercial for me when he first appeared.
    Comedy rap for the masses.

His albums have since mellowed out and you can at least listen to music that is supposed to mean something now.
    Toy Soldiers for example, A song with a message.

While rap isn't really my cup of tea at all, his music I can at least listen to if I have to.

Infinite by Eminem will always be my favorite song by him, it really shows his skill since every single word rhymes in it. I'm a big fan of his older stuff (Marshall Mathers LP, Slimp Shady LP, Eminem Show) other then that not big on his newest stuff and he claims his newer stuff is his "Slim Shady" persona which if it is I hope it kills his career..
    43 1

10+ Year Old Account

Top selling artist of the decade =)

Yeah he is one of my favorite artists ever.

But OP, why is one of your favorite songs a rape song? :

I never really liked Infinite, just because it sounds so old. The songs are really great nonetheless.
    I can't give a top 3, because I like a lot of his songs. And of course the cliche lose yourself is on the list ;D

Relapse was a little bad though, he went towards his psycho side. The songs were fine, but just overall. Encore also had some songs that made no sense (and although they might be catchy, like Rain Man, they're just not so good :P )
    I guess his compilation album was the best. The new songs he added with it were all excellent.

Can't wait for the new album, Recovery, because if it sounds a little like the single Not Afraid which was just dropped a while ago, it's going to at least have a message in it ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Deleted

Stay Wide Awake is a very catchy song, although it has dark themes, like rape and murder, it's quite catchy. And I like the way the chorus is sung.

I agree with you though, Relapse wasn't his best work by a long way. A lot of psycho songs. But I guess that was meant to be the theme of the album. Where as Recover sounds like it is going to be Eminem back to his best. Not afraid is a very good song, I was glad to hear a good song leaked from the album. Well, whether it was leaked or officially released by Eminem I do not know.

Lets just hope all the other songs from Recovery are as good as that one.

I love him personally, he makes me feel better about being white and he has a sick voice to give rap that non boring monotone voice aspect it is suffering from.

Favorite songs:
    -I'm not afraid
    -Pick the world up (if that is the right title wasn't 100% on that, also has lil wayne but eminem's solo tears the song up)
    -Despicable
    My greatest fear is not being too inadequate, but being powerful beyond all reason.

I love his music, always have. Love how he can be funny.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.