15+ Year Old Account

BIS 4P set question

OK I know its a no-brainer when it comes to our chest, helm, and shoulders since they are the best pieces for us in thos eslots but when it comes to the forth piece to get our bonus I'm torn between legs and gloves as neither one of our set is high on the rankings page. What is the best way to get 4p? No gloves (taking the badge ones or either San'layn Ritualist Gloves) or no legs (taking leggings of woven death until we get our hands on the heroic Kilt or heroic holy pants)?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: BIS 4P set question

Hands, hands down (pun intended)

Read the first post of our BiS list and follow the links to the normal and heroic BiSs (http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134). Basically in 264 we have a Haste / Crit pants, and in 277 we have a great Haste / Hit option.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah but our tier gloves are hit & crit while our pants are more hit & crit. The offset pieces is where we would pick up any haste which is why our heroic holy pants are BIS since they are haste/spirit followed by the heroic kilt (haste/crit) and woven death (haste/crit) and our hands are Ritualist Gloves (haste/spirit which are in the #1 & #3 slots for BIS) or the badge gloves for #2 (haste/crit) and even the h gunship mittens are #6 (haste/hit with almost as much hit as our tier gloves).

10+ Year Old Account

Pants are a larger stat piece than Gloves.

If the only choice for a slot is Haste / Spirit or Haste / Hit more than likely you're going to want to get your Hit there as other slots will have a Haste / Crit option. You can math it out as such:

Take the PP of the BiS non-Hit piece
    Subtract the PP of the highest PP Hit piece (without adding in the PP of the Hit on the item)
    Divide the amount of Hit by the PP difference
    Hit / (Non Hit piece PP - Hit piece PP)

The higher the number you get, the better it is to take a Hit piece in that slot.

Alternatively you could just Simcraft the different sets for yourself and find out which comes out on top.

Make a set yourself and simcraft it, see how the numbers play out and if your happy with it go with that. For example this is my set, which I pretty much almost have - http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20639069. Its not really a massive dps loss/gain either way, you just have to be smart about your selections and also choose gear which you can attain. My set comes out to 12,785dps, I'm sure thats only +/- 50 dps off a set with gloves rather than legs.

You know since you NEVER said that it was shadow vs holy vs Disc, ill awnser all of them

Shadow-Get the gloves and the pants from Fester (or is it rotface?)
    Disc-Get the Gloves and the crafted legs
    Holy-Your so wroung, get the Head Shoulder Gloves Legs and the chest from princes

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix
    You know since you NEVER said that it was shadow vs holy vs Disc, ill awnser all of them

Holy-Your so wroung, get the Head Shoulder Gloves Legs and the chest from princes
    I'm guessing he's shadow since he was asking if he should take the 264 crafted legs, wait for either heroic kilt or heroic holy legs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix

Thought that with me specifically stating "no legs (taking leggings of woven death until we get our hands on the heroic Kilt or heroic holy pants)?" that it assumed its for shadow since a holy or disc priest would assume their tier piece instead of calling it the "holy set"

10+ Year Old Account

Proudly raiding shadow since early 2005 Priest
    Was my hint.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Was my hint.
    LMAO I totally forgot I had that on my sig.

But yeah, Checksmix, not sure which pants you're referring to since Festergut drops 2 pants that are in the BIS ranking for shadow (Kilt & Plaguebringer's). The Plaguebringers (25 man drop) is soaked in hit so it doesn't provide as much in other stats (ranked #5 for the heroic version and #14 for the normal version...#1 & #3 for hit pieces). The Kilt is #8 ranked for normal & #2 ranked for the heroic version. The Woven Death (boe crafted) is #3 and above all but 1 heroic piece and our h holy pants in the rankings without needing hit. But like I had said, neither one of our set pieces is that highly ranked because there is crit on them instead of haste and both provide hit.

True but many shadow priests ask about holy/disc questions. and as a holy priest i assume all questions are on holy ;D

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know of any shadow priests that ask for gear advice for healing outside of someone in their guild that's a healer if even then.

read the forum it happens.