Some advice pls? Tank gear confusion

Hi there all. Here is my armory...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Joshuadavid

My question is this. I have enough Emblems to either get my Tier Chest, or Cataclysmic Chestguard. I've seen plenty of opinions about the 4 set bonus for Prot Warriors. I know it has great potential, but it is situational at best. This char is my second raid char, and it is not my main. As a consequence I am unlikely to see Heroic Modes and stuff on this char. I was thinking forgoing the 4 set bonus, and getting Cataclysmic Chestguard, and then waiting patiently for the tank shoulders to drop of gunship25 HC...

What you guys think? I obviously don't want to make the wrong decision... What would you do in my situation?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Feel free to add some constructive criticism if I have missed anything important anywhere.

Ta
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Some advice pls? Tank gear confusion

In ICC: Dodge doesn't matter since your health pool is so much higher and so is healing. You get more out of stacking stamina due to the buff.
    In Ruby Sanctum: Dodge will probably matter. How much it will matter I will leave to the experts.

Think about the content you will be tanking and make the decision based on that. For example, none of my tanks will ever see Ruby Sanctum so I go straight stamina+armor.

R.I.P. YARG

I'd say get the Cataclysmic Chestguard now.
    It's loaded with stats warriors want and beats out the t10 chest (especially the 251 version).
    Later on you can go and get the t10 chest anyway for the set bonus, but on many fights you won't need it (especially if you have that much more effective health :P).

But for now, I'd suggest going 2pt10 and getting off-pieces for the rest atm.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    In ICC: Dodge doesn't matter since your health pool is so much higher and so is healing. You get more out of stacking stamina due to the buff.
    In Ruby Sanctum: Dodge will probably matter. How much it will matter I will leave to the experts.

Think about the content you will be tanking and make the decision based on that. For example, none of my tanks will ever see Ruby Sanctum so I go straight stamina+armor.
    Well, I have a bout 62% avoidance atm, losing the stats on my chest, brings it to about 60%. But for that swap, I will be Expertise capped, have about 32.5k unbuffed Armor, and I can safely regem a little to provide maybe another 1k unbuffed HP too.

I think you may be confusing Warrior T10 with Pally T10. Pallies get 12% dodge rating ( I think) when they use a certain ability, for warriors, 4 set changes the mechanic of Bloodrage, making it an effective bubble, which currently, will absorb 12k, for me, in ICC when fully raidbuffed. However, it is very situational, and my healers are having no trouble keeping me up. I can certainly see it's use, especially on Hardmodes. But as I said, Hardmodes for this toon aren't likely to happen.

I think I will take it. As mentioned, and based on the homework I have done, the Cataclysmic Chestguard may be the one to go for, and I can start saving for the 4/5 Tier once I am done shopping. Hopefully by then, I will need it more then I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.