Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Imbalance in Cata

I'm sure someone has made a post about this before, and if not, woot.

I was looking over the possible race/class combos in Cataclysm an I noticed that the Horde will get one more total race/class combos than the Alliance will. After checking the numbers, I noticed that most of the class numbers were 1 race apart from each other (ie. Alliance gets 6 mages and Horde gets 5. Horde gets 6 hunters and Alliance gets 5).

The imbalance appears to be in the numbers of shaman on each faction.
    Horde will get 4 shaman and Alliance will get 2. (Tauren, Orc, Troll*, Goblin vs Draenei and Dwarf.)

It's a small and seemingly unimportant difference, but Blizzard always tries to talk about how the factions are equal and whatnot. I think this is a bit contradictory.

The easy way to fix this would be give the Alliance one more shaman, which would more than likely be the Night Elves or maybe even the Worgen (though, seeing as how Blizzard has not made a race that can have more than 8 classes, I doubt Worgen will see Shaman).

Edit: Shaman Shaman... hurrrr. Fixed.

Re: Class Imbalance in Cata

I don't see how Shamans would fit with anyone else (unless a group of humans had a near-death experience with the Elements or something), that's the problem.

Night elves are one with nature, not the elements. No other Alliance race could be a shaman.

Gnome mecha-shaman, awesome.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoxx
    Horde will get 4 shaman and Alliance will get 2. (Tauren, Orc, Shaman, Goblin vs Draenei and Dwarf.)
    I've always wanted to be a shaman shaman! :P

15+ Year Old Account

It's not imbalanced really. And I think it's cool that there are going to be Goblin shaman running around with those awesome looking hacked totems.

Horde will get 4 shaman and Alliance will get 2. (Tauren, Orc, Troll, Goblin vs Draenei and Dwarf.)
    Fixed.
    For the Alliance!

Well, I am sure the Goblins are not one with nature or the elements. I think they'd be like the Taunka of Northrend, who bully the elements. The Goblins deconstruct the earth around them *cough* Azshara *cough*. So I am sure the Night Elves being Shaman isn't a far stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mictian
    I've always wanted to be a shaman shaman! :P
    Fixed.

10+ Year Old Account

3 pallies for ally, 2 for horde @ cata

6 mages for ally, 5 for horde @ cata

please sit down and stop qqing, if you want to play a shaman, grit your teeth and play a race that does it. As much as i want to, there wont be a tauren rogue. I dealed with it, why can't others?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account

It's not really an imbalance when the number of class/race choices doesn't affect how many people are able to play that faction. For example having 10 combos on Horde and 8 combos on Alliance doesn't mean that the player ratio will be 10:8.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I'd point out that paladins are also imbalanced with 2 Horde races vs 3 Alliance, 5 Horde priests vs 6 Alliance priests, and 3 Horde warlocks vs 4 Alliance warlocks.

There is still more than enough variety to cause this to be a non-issue.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums
    3 pallies for ally, 2 for horde @ cata

6 mages for ally, 5 for horde @ cata

please sit down and stop qqing, if you want to play a shaman, grit your teeth and play a race that does it. As much as i want to, there wont be a tauren rogue. I dealed with it, why can't others?
    This isn't a QQ post, it's honestly about an imbalance. Don't need trolls.

@Guardias, know your numbers before posting. Alliance gets 3 warlocks (Humans, Gnomes, Worgen) and Horde gets 4 (Orc, Blood Elf, Goblin, Forsaken). I'm not talking about classes being off by 1 number. I'm talking about more than that. 2.

This isn't a QQ post, it's honestly about an imbalance. Don't need trolls.
    Complain about anything, no matter how valid, and someone is bound to troll it and call it "QQ." Because it's the Interwebs.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...s-combination/

I found this post made much more sense than mine and thus end my own post. Troll it if you want.

Class imbalance is actually in relation to how one class interacts with another class. What you are talking about is pretty much a cosmetic complaint. As previously stated there are "imbalances" that favor the alliance, as with the three races for paladins on alliance side and two on horde.

One way you can look at it is you have the Alliance in which the majority of races do not have a overly close connection to nature or the elements so two shaman races would make sense. You also have the horde who were pretty much formed to destroy a world using Fel energy and powers. Once they broke free from the burning legion these powers still have been practiced. The races in the horde are also more tribal hence a shaman would make more sense. The alliance how ever have had more of a link to the light and paladins, which makes more sense for them to have more races who can be paladins.

The term "Class imbalance" as you are using it is sort of hyperbolic, I don't know if this is secretly you Mr. Limbaugh but we here have a brain. So this rabble razzing will only seem... well to put it in our own way, like QQ.

P.S. QQ

P.P.S. Be happy with the new race/class combos, don't be greedy. Also don't start making an issue out of nothing just because your favorite race can't play every class.

Well in the alpha, you can be a Dwarf warlock. I guess blizzard thought they would boost the warlock numbers a bit.

oh i just checked, Trolls can also be warlocks now, that was the only change to class/race combos that were announced, so it's now 46/45

Is that a bug or are they really allowing us to make troll warlocks?

10+ Year Old Account

Give Alliance another pally option, that would balance it.

Speaking as someone who currently plays Alliance (and in vanilla, although I was Horde for TBC) and keeps an eye on disparities pretty close (ie, land exchanging hands)... um... one? Really, just one?

How anal retentive and whiny do you have to be to do the math, find the answer is simply ONE, and then think that warrants any kind of thread other than "hey, I did the math, and actually it turns out the class race combos for each faction are REALLY CLOSE- just one more option for the Horde than the Alliance! This thread is kind of pointless."
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    Is that a bug or are they really allowing us to make troll warlocks?
    I think they'll be allowing you to make warlocks. Unlike druids, there is no reason in lore to limit warlocks so. No reason why Trolls who can be very evil and Dwarves who have the Dark Irons amongst them can't take up the mantle of the warlock. It's not a bug.

you don't accidentally enable a feature like that, provide starting clothes and everything as a bug. If it were a bug, then you'd have Night elf and Draenei warlocks as every class with mage will have warlock. But this isn't the case.