Thread: Rage management

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Rage management

Hi guys, just a little problem I need to solve: I usually spam heroic strike and slam (on bloodsurge proc only) when bt and ww are on cd, I have 5 points in unbridled wrath, but sometimes (few times to be honest) I remain without rage for few seconds during boss fight (especially static fights) with a consequent drastic dps loss. There's anything wrong about my talents that could justify this lack of rage or is pretty normal for a fury? I want to assure you that this occure to me rarely fortunately, but I would like not to happen ever. Just tell me if I should correct something in my talents build. Here my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tem&cn=Elendyl

Thank you all

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rage management

you are too low on hit. you only have 129 hit. Try to get to 5% hit, 164 Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zohlomg View Post
    /use NAMEOFTRINKET
    /cast recklesness
    /cast charge
    /gquit
    /cast mortal strike
    /cast bladestorm

1. you are under the hitcap, get 5% + 3% talented (edit: forgot you were alliance, so 1% from dreanei counters it)
    2. DONT ever spam heroic strike, HS is only a minor dmg increase from a white hit, HS is pretty much a white hit with extra dmg, using it while you are below 60 rage or before you are going to do ww/bt at low rage is a huge DPS loss if you cant use them.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

the is not a way to manadge your rage, it is totally rng. The 8% hit that people talk about is the special attack hit cap,
    but not for example your offhands hitcap. This means you will se lots of misses, altho you are over the 8% hit, this is why
    a warrior cannot have too much hit.

Id also like to share a tip with you, if your spamming anything in this game, you are doing something wrong.

All you guys saying that he is below hit cap need to realize that he is alliance, and probably raids with a space goat, which will bring his hit to 5% (without precision).

However, what the other guys have said is true; you need to be hit capped, and you need to resist the urge to HS unless you are over 60 (or so) rage. If you use the cookie cutter DPS rotation, you really should not run into too many issues with being rage starved.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir
    the is not a way to manadge your rage, it is totally rng. The 8% hit that people talk about is the special attack hit cap,
    but not for example your offhands hitcap. This means you will se lots of misses, altho you are over the 8% hit, this is why
    a warrior cannot have too much hit.

Id also like to share a tip with you, if your spamming anything in this game, you are doing something wrong.
    dont listen to this moron

warriors can have to much hit

a warrior with 200ish hit is fine no real issue a warrior with 500 hit (ive seen it) that is a huge problem its mostly caused by people that are using gear score and they dont realize the boots with 60 ARP that is 232 is better than the boots with 60 hit that is 264 (these are just examples im not using acctual ingame numbers or gear)

also people that think 128 hit trinkets that are 245 with haste procs are better than IL 200 trinkets with crit or Arp or STR

and once you get alot of gear you can spam heroic strike on almost every swing due to high amounts of crit because of the glyph your off hand critting and giving you alot of rage and any raid damage that gives you bonus rage

but at low gear levels heroic strike is going to be used much less

that thing "I usually spam heroic strike and slam (on bloodsurge proc only) when bt and ww are on cd"

heroic strike is on next swing it replaces your white swing with a yellow swing so you only need 8% hit for your main hand attack to hit (so dont listen to the moron that said its only as small DPS increase)

here are the key things for you

make sure you maintain enough rage for your next whirlwind and bloodthirst if your rage bar is low IE under 50 dont hit heroic strike if you do you are hoping RNG will help you with an off hand swing for rage or your heroic strike crits so you refund 10 rage

only slam if both whirlwind and bloodthirst are on cooldown and you wont clip the cooldown for them IE you have less than 1.5 seconds left on one of them wait till after you use that ablity to slam if the timer runs out on it so what let it go just jump if you mess it up to cancel the cast

there alot more things that will help your DPS than that but thats the basics

(remember to stack your cooldowns IE deathwish with all your trinketprocs and heroism the best thing to do is find out when your raid heroism IE if its at the start use it right when they use it if its 2 min in use your death wish at the start so you get all your trinket/weapon procs in with it and then use it again with the heroism. if the use it at the end try and see if you can get a 3rd one in or hold off if you cant till heroism goes up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Evirx

heroic strike is on next swing it replaces your white swing with a yellow swing so you only need 8% hit for your main hand attack to hit (so dont listen to the moron that said its only as small DPS increase)
    i only said its a minor dps increase compared to a white hit, because it replaces your white hit for no inc rage and rage cost. So you are practicly exchanging lots of rage for dmg. and even a dps decrease if he uses it when he should save rage for BT/WW.
    Theres no need to insult everyone, you can just point out mistakes without the "moron" part.

15+ Year Old Account

I follow the "60+ rage = HS" rule loosely. I sit in raid and mash my BT/WW/HS (!macro) buttons and hit Bloodrage on cooldown. When I see myself dip below 40, I stop HS and use my next free GCD to hit Berserker Rage, and then go back to HS spam. I don't have 5/5 Unbridled Wrath and only have issues on Saurfang, but even then it's not a big issue to lose 1-2 heroic strikes every 30 seconds or so.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    i only said its a minor dps increase compared to a white hit, because it replaces your white hit for no inc rage and rage cost. So you are practicly exchanging lots of rage for dmg. and even a dps decrease if he uses it when he should save rage for BT/WW.
    If you bottom out and can't maintain BT/WW you're using it too much, but you're underestimating the damage increase from Heroic Strike. Impale bonuses and the fact that it can no longer be a Glancing Blow are fairly huge, all things considered.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Hmm.. I misunderstood the title.. Thought this was about smashing mice/keyboards when that f ucking warlock sits on your corpse..
    Stormreaver.EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Hmm.. I misunderstood the title.. Thought this was about smashing mice/keyboards when that f ucking warlock sits on your corpse..
    Sorry about that. Your face is just so comfy!

... That sounds wrong.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Theres no need to insult everyone, you can just point out mistakes without the "moron" part.
    Heroic strike is what makes fury warriors viable DPS'ers, being a chicken with that ability will render you impotent.

What you need to do is practice, each hit that isn't heroic strike is a good chunk of lost damage, and in a worst case scenario no damage at all (a miss).

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Heroic strike is what makes fury warriors viable DPS'ers, being a chicken with that ability will render you impotent.

What you need to do is practice, each hit that isn't heroic strike is a good chunk of lost damage, and in a worst case scenario no damage at all (a miss).
    i know that, but alot of people mistake HS being a full extra hit dmg, its the last on the prio rotation list for a reason, because its one of the weakest attacks in our rotation. Don't get me wrong, you should always use it when the rage grants you to, because it IS better then a white swing, especially with endgame rage generation being so big, but you should never pick HS over BT/WW.

10+ Year Old Account

I have 32.17% leftover rage (according to spreadsheet)

aka infinite rage.

Fury is a gear/stat whoring spec and always has been, as your gear progresses the amount of rage you get per hit reaches retarded amounts, here some figures.

Rage per second income (Offhand + rare MH hits + heroic strike glyph income) 22.44RPS

Rage per second spent on attacks 15.16RPS (BT+WW+HS+Slams+Rend+drops from stance switch)

Fury's income is MUCH higher than its outgoing if you are managing rage decently + have good gear thats why all the rage income talents are useless at endgame gear as its all wasted rage income anyway.

Only time I drop rage is when RNG hates me and gives me 3 white misses in a row Completely stopping all my Major dps for 4-5s which I hate but can deal with as its so rare that I just blame it on RNG and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Sorry about that. Your face is just so comfy!

... That sounds wrong.
    That is the best name for a Gnome Warlock, ever.
    +17 Internets.

Deleted

i know that, but alot of people mistake HS being a full extra hit dmg, its the last on the prio rotation list for a reason, because its one of the weakest attacks in our rotation. Don't get me wrong, you should always use it when the rage grants you to, because it IS better then a white swing, especially with endgame rage generation being so big, but you should never pick HS over BT/WW.
    Entirely correct, but I was merely stating that not using HS when under 60 rage is a DPS loss, you should instead of putting arbitrary barriers focus on learning your own rage generation.