Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: meters that ignore JOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grampaw
    I especially love when someone brags about how OP they are due to being top on the healing charts by like 5%, then you see that 50% of their healing is made up of overheals. Heal smart, don't let meters control you.
    The only thing worse than worrying about healing meters is worrying about overhealing.

For like the billionth time. Healing meters are a tool. They can help you improve, they can point out weakness and they can show you strength. In the hands of an intelligent person, they can significantly improve the raid. In the hands of a retard, they do more harm than good. How you use them is what determines their worth. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    The only thing worse than worrying about healing meters is worrying about overhealing.
    thats the mind set of wotlk, thats why i dont like healing on my priest anymore :-[
    When i 1st healed (in wotlk) around it felt so wrong compared to what it once was in tbc
    downranking was uber fun

Quote Originally Posted by keymil
    Well. Just yesterday RL yelled at me that i sucked balls in healing because ret pala did more heal then me (it was sindra 25 hc and i had like the most bad luck). I'd rather holy pala cast JoL instead of ret / prot >_>
    lol I've had that happen before there as well, except I was the ret :P

Edit: To OP, it's pretty much what others said. Now we have no idea if some of the healers aren't that great or not but to be fair if your comparing holy pally to holy pally I'd agree that JoL is pretty idiotic to count. Just link them to this thread lol

You shouldn't use meters to judge your worth.

A meter should only be used (IMO) when you're wiping to help see who's slacking off in some way (By taking a look at what they're casting and such for what they're putting out).

If you're running things and not wiping much, what's it matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Only bad healers use meters for epeen waving.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Divinity doesn't affect JoL.
    wrong, Divinity affects JoL, go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    wrong, Divinity affects JoL, go check it out.
    Don't believe it does. The mechanics of JoL makes it go whacky. If you're saying it does because you've seen a bonus when you use it, you don't know what other factors were in there because attack power and such changes which it's based off of.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

15+ Year Old Account

The only meter a healer needs to worry about is the deaths meter and whether or not anyone is on it. If yes, heal harder. If no, keep up the good work.

If a raid leader is giving you crap about a ret's healing from jol compared to yours, ask him if he would prefer that you just switch to ret off spec and judge light or if he wants real heals that actually hit when someone needs it.

WTB OLD JoL BACK!!! Nothing like being Ret and topping healing meters and damage/dps at the same time.

Granted it wasn't necessarily effective healing, but Ret with the old JoL was pretty much equal to having another healer in raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Overhealing lol, seriously how could you even mentioned that as a paladin, as holy you will have always ten times the amount of OH than other healers, else you're doing something wrong, in ICC heroic that is.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Grampaw
    I especially love when someone brags about how OP they are due to being top on the healing charts by like 5%, then you see that 50% of their healing is made up of overheals. Heal smart, don't let meters control you.
    Because 50% overhealing is a lot :/ Usually everyone except from the disc priest in our raids have a lot more than that.
    Seriously though, if this 1 guy is waaay above the rest on healing, AND on overhealing, then you might start asking the other healers wtf they are doing while not pushing any healing spells.
    Overhealing is NOT bad, it just means you were prepared to heal if anyone got hit instead of standing around doing nothing when everyone is topped off.
    But really, stop caring about healing/overhealing as a healer.
    Is it fun to win healing? - Yes.
    Is it something to strive for instead of healing the people who are close to death because there is probably someone else throwing a heal? - No.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Don't believe it does. The mechanics of JoL makes it go whacky. If you're saying it does because you've seen a bonus when you use it, you don't know what other factors were in there because attack power and such changes which it's based off of.
    oh no, you´re wrong too then, surprise!
    go unspec your talents, head to a trainingdummy, start hitting it while
    keeping JoL up, then spec into Divinity one point at a time and see the healing it
    does on you go up with 1.01*1.01 for each point, at 5 points it heals you for
    10.25% more, and anyone else getting healed by it gets the 5%.
    I try how things work before i post.

Divinity buffs JoL.

The on-hit heal effect of JoL does not scale with AP or spellpower anymore, it's based on a percentage of the player's health.

Divinity affects JoL. Period.

As per your second statement: Attackpower and Spellpower aren't affecting JoL anymore. They did once, making a Ret Paladin's JoL the strongest, Prot the next best thing and Holy way below these two since they double dipped, having mentionable numbers in both stats, whereas the Holy Paladin only had Spellpower. Thus, Judgment-assignments looked like Ret: Light, Prot: Wisdom, Holy: Justice, since "over-judging" a Prot Paladin's JoW would also push off his JotJ-debuff. Some raids (most notably those with Prot-Paladins that sucked hard) even had the Tank use JoL since for a very short time the heals it caused also caused regular healing threat which again was multiplied by RF. That got fixed very early in WotLK, though.

These days, JoL heals are solely based on the attackers HP, with the slight difference caused by Divinity. From a min-max perspective, the Holy Paladin should use JoL, leaving the other two judgments to Ret and Prot. These two, again, have to coordinate if there is no other JotJ-like debuff present, since any regular 0/53/18 Prot-Paladin will apply both JotJ and HotC whereas Rets would push off JotJ if they used the same Judgment as the tank does.

Anyway, since the difference caused by Divinity is marginal, it will most likely not be the extra healing standing between a successful attempt and a wipe.

In general, though, JoL should be present and as close to a 100% uptime as possible. On some encounters its borderline useless, on other encounters such as Festergut or Sindragosa, however, it provides for a significant amount of overall healing.

want to find a meter that makes me top heals each time?

any suggestions?

/sarcasm off

10+ Year Old Account

This thread sucks, the op is a moron.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

So monitor the other Paladin's judgments then overwrite them if you care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU
    Text
    By the logic of it being based of the user's HP, how would a Ret be the best one? I was under the impression tanks had more HP than DPS?

Remove Earthshield and any other hot from the meters then. No Paladin's JoL is 35% of their healing if it is they are bad and you should be beating them anyway