Poll: How many months will the ignorance go on?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Inc Healing Ignorance

Alright knowing that instance healing will not be a mechanic where everyone needs to be topped off to survive and doing so will actually be a bad thing, There are going to be a lot of Dps health bars with less than full health. Also take into account at least 50% of the Warcraft population does not pay attention to patches or update notes. My question is this: How many months do you think we as healers will be yelled at with "Heal me damn it!" or "wtf Heals!"? Admit it, you know this is coming!

Re: Inc Healing Ignorance

You actually read party chat in an instance?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You actually read party chat in an instance?
    I guess you're one of those annoying people that don't answer questions in randoms, huh =P

OT, yes I can imagine stupid DPSers whichng about no heals. They do it alredy when I do randoms, I often leave everyone of half hp while I DPS stuff. They won't die, why should i waste combat time healing them when I could kill the boss faster?

Also, I liked your old avatar better kel ='[

I'm still confused about this whole "nobody is going to be topped off" thing. How are they gonna manage that? If someone's low, you heal them...they don't get healed to full? Or is blizz just going to put a shitstorm of AOE damage in every dungeon/raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    I'm still confused about this whole "nobody is going to be topped off" thing. How are they gonna manage that? If someone's low, you heal them...they don't get healed to full? Or is blizz just going to put a shitstorm of AOE damage in every dungeon/raid?
    They've said health of dps and healers would increase a lot and at the same time they'll nerf mana regen... Basically, we just won't be able to get someone to 100% health with one spell like we do now, kinda sorta.

Some people is just stupid.

15+ Year Old Account

Of coarse I read party chat. I'm healing a random. Have to do something to entertain myself. As for Kel's avatar, the flying shroom just isn't as well known as the Elf. What if Spiritus took off the NE Tier guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr/Verzzrung
    Alright knowing that instance healing will not be a mechanic where everyone needs to be topped off to survive and doing so will actually be a bad thing, There are going to be a lot of Dps health bars with less than full health. Also take into account at least 50% of the Warcraft population does not pay attention to patches or update notes. My question is this: How many months do you think we as healers will be yelled at with "Heal me damn it!" or "wtf Heals!"? Admit it, you know this is coming!
    what?

15+ Year Old Account

Just let them die if they stand in avoidable stuff, i do it all the time when im healing randoms on my priest/shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    I guess you're one of those annoying people that don't answer questions in randoms, huh =P
    I do! just not in combat. But the last person to say "Heal me bitch!" was in Naxx and still feels the wrath of that. Renew ticks after combat while I drink for mana will fix that. If not, they can deal with it.

Also, I liked your old avatar better kel ='[
    This one had a sense of humor, because my raid did a Facebook style app of "These are your friends" to Mario. I was listed as the Clumsy One, with Toadette. I just laughed. I want to change it back, but it's hard to do from an iTouch, now that my PC imploded
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123
    They've said health of dps and healers would increase a lot and at the same time they'll nerf mana regen... Basically, we just won't be able to get someone to 100% health with one spell like we do now, kinda sorta.
    So basically we have to spend our mana more wisely? Doesn't sound too hard to me.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account

Am I stupid for not understanding?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

My interpretation of this meant that it isn't as urgent to heal people to full immediately. Take for example the 3.3 heroics, there are a lot of group damage situations in there where if you don't top everybody off in a few seconds, people are going to drop.

15+ Year Old Account

So basically we have to spend our mana more wisely? Doesn't sound too hard to me.
    Some times people are not worried about what they are walking into
    Some times people look down at gum they stepped in.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba
    My interpretation of this meant that it isn't as urgent to heal people to full immediately. Take for example the 3.3 heroics, there are a lot of group damage situations in there where if you don't top everybody off in a few seconds, people are going to drop.
    So they're...making healing easier by not requiring people to be topped off quickly? Heh...

Some times people are not worried about what they are walking into
    Some times people look down at gum they stepped in.
    Standing in something isn't the only way you can die, so you can stop referencing that now.

It's not too hard, but that's not what the OP was asking. Since we have to manage our mana better, there will be times when we let someones health slip a little (not enough to let them die mind you) to do a "better" heal.

Alot of DPS though are used to the current, "everyone's at 100% health all the time" system, and will throw a fit if their health drops to 60-70%. The question is, how long before those people realize that it doesn't work like that anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta
    Alot of DPS though are used to the current, "everyone's at 100% health all the time" system, and will throw a fit if their health drops to 60-70%. The question is, how long before those people realize that it doesn't work like that anymore?
    Personally I've never had this happen. I tend to DPS as a healer if I ever run a Heroic, and sometimes peoples' HP has dropped considerably, yet I've never received a complaint from anyone.

The first person that says "HEAL ME" in an instance is always the first person sayin "rez Please" put it that way...

15+ Year Old Account

Personally I've never had this happen. I tend to DPS as a healer if I ever run a Heroic, and sometimes peoples' HP has dropped considerably, yet I've never received a complaint from anyone.
    Dude your Epeen is big enough now

Dude your Epeen is big enough now
    Lol u mad? I'm just saying that I've never had anyone complain about having low HP. How is that e-peen?