Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    ok, so open with Starfall then starsurge, but for eclipse, which is the "Stronger" one and better one to get first. i know when we pop hero at the start, and usually opening fight with is/ms/sf, i get to solar eclipse, and spam wrath during beginning hero (if we pop early). should i do is/mf/wrath first to get into lunar first, if we were to pop hero early, or just stick to getting solar eclipse first

on heroic dungeons, ive been doing 12-15k dps doing treants/starfall/is/mf/SS/sfx3, soloar eclipse

It's not going to be an "always-head-this-way" answer or at least it shouldn't be. Many times, what direction I head has to do with understanding the timings of the encounter, when significant add phases will be coming, and what phase I want to be in when they do. Maloriak for instance I will always head Lunar first because the time it takes to go from 0 to Lunar and then traverse all the way back to Solar lines up incredibly well with when Black Phase adds spawn . . . and I absolutely want to be in Solar for the duration of Black Phase.

On other fights, it may make sense to head Solar first -- it really just depends. All things being the same, if there are no timing considerations where what phase I'm in matters, I'm most likely to head to Solar first due to trinket and other profession cooldowns proc'ing INT early and Solar having both dots getting a double-amp from not only the INT proc but also Eclipse.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Calculated why don't they make your guide official on mmo :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    Maloriak for instance I will always head Lunar first because the time it takes to go from 0 to Lunar and then traverse all the way back to Solar lines up incredibly well with when Black Phase adds spawn . . . and I absolutely want to be in Solar for the duration of Black Phase.
    Gotta respectfully disagree here. If you head straight for solar from the start you can control revelation better. (therals mirror proc); sure you might have to cast a few starfires pre eclipse if you're unlucky, but the extra mastery is real real nice for a 90 second duration.

You don't get the benefit of the Theralion's Mirror Mastery proc for the duration of extended Solar by having it up before you proc Solar. It's an Eclipse tooltip error only. People get confused by the tooltip error but any real testing will show you the benefit wears off after the 20 second proc. So, long and short, your fiddling with the proc to try to game the system isn't really doing anything except from a tooltip display perspective. With that said, I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement

EDIT: See http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110353-...8/#post1886797 -- my post and below for additional detail.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-03-21 at 05:55 PM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide

so i just bought my 2nd t11 (gloves) bc BH drop rate sucks royally for PVE stuff. Anyways, my question is concerning glyphs once i have this 2p bonus. i did a test on the dummy in SW with Glyph of IS, MF, and Starfire, and then did the same test (rotations/cds) with Glyph of MF, Wrath, and Starfire, and the 2nd one came out with like 1k more dps. did 6mil dmg on the dummies, and my wrath was #1 on meters, and the difference was about 1-2k dmg inc from changing the glyphs.

So i guess my question is, is that a better glyph setup (wrath, MF, SF) as apposed to is/mf/sf?

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    so i just bought my 2nd t11 (gloves) bc BH drop rate sucks royally for PVE stuff. Anyways, my question is concerning glyphs once i have this 2p bonus. i did a test on the dummy in SW with Glyph of IS, MF, and Starfire, and then did the same test (rotations/cds) with Glyph of MF, Wrath, and Starfire, and the 2nd one came out with like 1k more dps. did 6mil dmg on the dummies, and my wrath was #1 on meters, and the difference was about 1-2k dmg inc from changing the glyphs.

So i guess my question is, is that a better glyph setup (wrath, MF, SF) as apposed to is/mf/sf?
    Been a long time since i looked at Non 4 set but.
    "SF" i take it you mean starfire glyph here which is only an increase in MF/SF uptime when we have 4 set and dont want to waste a crit on MF/SF It allows the dot to stay up until we have used our stacks.

Pre 4 set Wrath/Starsurge was the best 3rd glyph
    Starsurge was if there is AOE and you are able to use Starfall in lunar
    Wrath was pure single target and not able to Starfall on CD in lunar.
    The dps test you did has a little to much RNG and unanswered questions to make it accurate. But the result is correct.
    Hope this helped.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

yes, SF means starfire. So by using starsuge, starfall will be used in lunar eclipse all the time? if used as opener?

as for the RNG...pretty much everything (as far as i can tell) proced the same amount, only thing i cant tell is huricane enchant and Theralions proc.

Guess ill test out the SS glyph as well, and see how that does for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    You don't get the benefit of the Theralion's Mirror Mastery proc for the duration of extended Solar by having it up before you proc Solar. It's an Eclipse tooltip error only. People get confused by the tooltip error but any real testing will show you the benefit wears off after the 20 second proc. So, long and short, your fiddling with the proc to try to game the system isn't really doing anything except from a tooltip display perspective. With that said, I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement

EDIT: See http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110353-...8/#post1886797 -- my post and below for additional detail.
    Thanks dude, actually didn't know that So I'll respectfully thank you for educating me there

Also, really interesting question you raised about mastery vs haste on 2 targets. Are you any closer to successfully modeling that yet? Also wondering how DI would affect it.

Jury is still out on mastery vs haste on 2 + targets. I am currently reforged to promote mastery after reaching the 1929 haste mark and had hoped to get some parse comparisons this week but we are doing achievement runs versus heroics so will have to wait til next week. That said, there are also some fights like Sinestra where a Mastery heavy setup looks to be substantially better. Definitely more to come -- I'm serious enough about it that I'm taking my own medicine but not yet ready to move it out of the "experimental" section of my guide.

Deleted
    Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

I am going to stop playing WoW, and as such, I'm not really in a position to keep the guide up to date. I've been talking to Calculated and have him take over maintaining the guide in some fashion (either from what I've written, or his own stuff).

Once we got it sorted, I'll close this and sticky the topic made by him (so he can edit it in the future). I'll be stepping down as a mod, because there's not much point in moderating a forum about a game that I no longer play. But I thought that this thread, if any, was a good place to drop a goodbye

Thanks for all the talks, guys - I'll miss you <3

Unhappy

:'(

Whatcha gonna do instead?

Deleted
    I've been running some LP's on my Youtube the last six months or so, so I reckon I'll be doing that even more. I will probably stay clear of MMO's for a time, and then just enjoy a good game, as they were meant to be

At my desk, will post guide as is shortly so we can get through sticky and other logistics and then work on edits.

Good luck doing whatever your going to do Qieth. You helped a lot of noobkins here in this guide thanks for that.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Deleted
    Pew pew, guide closed! :'(

The guide is up and stickied under Calc's user