Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: If this love for 1-handed Fury isn't nostalgia....

The reason I don't care for Titan's Grip is because it makes Arms pointless. Why fight with one 2-hander when you can fight with two?

I lvled as Fury back in Classic before finally going Prot at 60 and I liked the fast swinging weapon theme that Fury had to offer. I never cared for Arms because I didn't want to use a 2-hander. Then they add in Titan's Grip and I have to use two 2-handers? No thanks, I'll stay Prot.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyChandler
    I find flailing away like an angry, hornet-infested methamphetamine user more interesting than politely waiting 2-3 minutes between each swing as I assault someone.
    Bolded part is the reason I rolled a warrior alt in the first place. That and I find Pummel's metal gauntlet icon to be extremely satisfying to press, as I imaging breaking teeth with my tiny gnomish fist. TAKE THAT MAGE! BYAHHHH!

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    IMO:

Arms:

A sturdy warrior, capable of fighting in most situations. Must have a cool head to time his monstrous blows right THROUGH the armor of the enemy. His main strength lies in his technique and adaptability. He is trained to be more then just a killing machine, he is trained to be a natural leader and to fight offensively as well as defensively. But when the time is right, he rips his enemy to shreds in a whirling torrent of deadly steel. Arms warriors have a natural instinct to find weak spots in the enemy, sometimes allowing them to behead his opponent in the heat of battle - even when he was defending himself! If you try to pull the plug on this guy by either slowing his movement or even hitting him in the head, the only thing you will do is enrage him and bolster his strength.

Fury:

Monstrous. Agile. Deadly. Unstoppable. These are just a few words to describe a fury warrior. This behemoth will use any means necesary to take down an adversary. While whirling around, you can frequently see him zipping across the battlefield and shouting out his terrifying cries to impend doom upon his enemies. The very enemies that he slays feed him with an appetite for blood, and fuels him above normal strength allowing him to wield two massive weapons. Hitting this berserker will only piss him off further, and sets his heart aflame with a smoldering rage. Using either crippling blows, or a continous stream of bladed steel, this monster is hardly stoppable and will behead you when your guard is down...

Protection:

Have you ever tried running into a metal door? Yes? Well, have you ever tried running into a metal door spiked with serrated knives and armed with a powerhouse of terrifying strength behind? If you have, rest in piece.The protection warrior must be one of the hardiest and undetainable enemies ever found on the battlefield. These warlords reign supreme when fought group versus group. They will protect their allies at all costs - even taking the hits of them! If you found a rampaging protection warrior who is assumingly to busy to watch you cast your gigantic sphere of molten magma, go ahead and try. In the blink of an eye can he turn a match around, and simply reflect that ball right back INTO YOUR FACE. After he reflected it, he will run right into you, knock you down, shut your mouth, and proceed to batter you to death with his solid titansteel-spiked shield.
    I came. Three times.
    Spacehobo is the coolest DK on KT(US)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    Simply put

When cata comes only 1hander fury + frost DK's will be rolling on str 1 handers

2hander fury,arms,ret,unholy,blood,ferals, all roll on 2handers

what spec do you think will be easier to gear
    Putting aside the fact that sword&board tanks also use 1-handers with strength, there's also the matter of there being more 2-handers in the loot tables than 1-handers with str.
    So assuming your implication was that 1-handed fury would be easier to gear, your implication was sadly wrong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dw3105
    IMO reason behind this change is that DK's can (and should, in proper spec) dual wield, but has not much benefit from agi which comes with all DPS 1-handers. While introducing DPS 1-handers for only 1 spec is odd, having 2 specs need in those 1-handers make it much more reasonable.
    Don't forget, with Defense going out the window, Prot Warriors and Paladins may be rolling on these weapons as well.

1-Hand
    Str
    Stam
    Tertiary Stat (Haste/Crit/Expertise)

^ Will look like a very good tank weapon in Cataclysm. We don't know how generous the loot tables will be for weapon speeds (as it stands now, 1-Handed tanks want faster weapons). We don't even know if Blizzard wants tanks to use fast weapons in Cataclysm.

Bears are stuck with a base swing time of 2.5, which is nearly as slow as the slowest 1-Handers in the raiding tiers, and with the incoming change to Heroic Strike, a fast weapon doesn't seem to be as much of a boon for a Prot Warrior as it is now.
    Paladin use faster weapons for applying Vengeance/Corruption faster from what I understand, and that doesn't seem to be changing...BUT...with the huge buff to tank threat, maybe that speedy application won't be so necessary.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Biostewie
    I came. Three times.
    Glad to be of service.

I for one welcome ANY chance to allow your character to be more unique (and for it to be viable as well...)

*COUGH 2H-ANCEMENT COUGH*
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    lol. try to pick up a single two-handed axe, let alone swing it with enough force to hit something before it dodges and also try to keep your balance and fall over. good luck.

real two-handed weapons (i'm not talking of katanas and other light weapons) are pretty pointless in one-on-one combat, unless your opponent wears heavy armour or you are much more skilled than him.
    dual-wielding is a pretty rare fighting stile too, 'cos it requires high expertise and is pretty useless against an enemy with a big shield.
    dual-wielding two-handers is absolutely retarded idea, from RL point of view. especially axes, whose weight is concentrated in the blade, which is far from the handle. hence, you cannot aim them properly and each swing will disbalance you drastically, which is normally fatal.

dual-wielding two-handers can exist only in fantasy/games. from RL PoV, it's pure nonsense.
    Then I have to wonder why you even bring it up, as this is a fantasy game.

If you're talking about berserkers; Berserkers were never a means of effective combat. It had some initial fear potential to demoralize but fact of the matter is, a true berserker wouldn't care who he hurt, or what he hurt someone with. It could be his own fist or the dismembered leg of a friendly soldier, so stating what a 'berserker' would or wouldn't use is pointless, they're batshit crazy and unpredictable.

That's ofcourse assuming a berserker is anything like I know it to be.

15+ Year Old Account

I remember watching my dad play Xeen on our old 486 or whatever it was. Or maybe it was Might and Magic. Regardless...

He stumbled onto a horde of goblins or orcs or something (600+), some shamans, chieftains, and 2 berserkers. He swore a bunch of times and pointed at the berserkers and said "I have to get these ones first because they hurt the most.

When his turn was over and the goblins got to go... Here is what the chat log looked like:
    Berserker A goes into a berserker rampage!
    Goblin ### takes X damage.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Player takes X damage.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Goblin ### dies.
    Berserker A deals X damage to himself.
    Goblin ### dies.
    etc

So yeah, I think they could use two two-handed weapons just fine, providing they don't care who they hit in their whirlwinding death charge.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    Proof that your wrong

It's all there.

So a 20 pound steel sword would have to be 10.2 meters. That is really heavy. I'd like to meet the man that could carry that.
    For that epic link man, I award you the internets.... Congratz! :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

want to dual wield 1h weapons and dps? roll a damn rogue or shaman. The warrior community has been asking for titan's grip since vainlla. now shut up and re-roll.

I miss the one-handed fury days, nothing like smashing things to bits with my Dragonstrike on my dwarf warrior was epic.

Titan's Grip feels so slow, nothing like the speed and craziness of one-handed fury in vanilla and tbc.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I just don't know the point of having Titan Grip if Blizzard is going to even make 1hders equal in value...which they won't its impossible...its either going to be the way to go...or no ones gonna do it.

...and since its a BRAND new talent...I'm guessing that it'll initally be more powerful, then it won't suddenly...then it will...then it won't....
    And I just so hate the thing that they will be shoving down our throats like this until probably the last raid when they will eventually balance it. >

And it's all because of those retarded whiners like in the case with the protection aoe "problems", and the annoying incompetents Blizzard still employs.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I just don't know the point of having Titan Grip if Blizzard is going to even make 1hders equal in value...which they won't its impossible...its either going to be the way to go...or no ones gonna do it.

...and since its a BRAND new talent...I'm guessing that it'll initally be more powerful, then it won't suddenly...then it will...then it won't....
    As one who played 1h fury throughout all of Vanilla and BC, I will respectfully disagree. Even if TG still outdoes 1h fury, I will be doing it anyways. I have tried, numerous times, to do a 1h fury build this expansion, with limited success (Mostly in part due to itemization brought upon by WotLK). Fury in it's current state is very unappealing to me, and I use the Arms tree for PvE, despite how far behind it is from fury (And yet, I STILL outperform a large majority of TG warriors I find.) As long as Blizzard doesn't fuck it up, this is the change that will keep me from finally rerolling. I've been stocking up on heirlooms, so I can do anything. /shrug

Here's hoping 1h fury makes a triumphant return.

Quote Originally Posted by Evirx
    obviously you dont know much about steel-driving and a 20 pound hammer is normaly used 2 handed and this isnt a myth sir its a real american story

you wouldnt know that since you anrt american!

who spells armor with a U?!

americans can swing 2 handers with one hand

you cant prove the story false so it must be true
    made me lol ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991

When cata comes only 1hander fury + frost DK's will be rolling on str 1 handers
    Why would a fury warrior lower his dps by using 2x 1 handed swords than two big 2handers doing like 30% more overall dmg than 2x 1handed weapons..

Frost DW dks will benefit more from 1h weapons with strength because thats the only weapon they can dual wield.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by belus
    Gear score noob + warrior noob = funniest shit iv ever seen.
    your life must be really boring

You know what I'd like to see?

Titans Grip letting you use a 2-Hander in your main hand, and Main Handers in your off hand. No more dual 2-Handers.

I think it makes more sense that way, and means there's a larger variety of weapons to choose from as well. If they balance it right, then it might be that the slow 2-Hander does most of the special damage, and the 1-Hander aids with white damage and rage generation.

Though I'm sure plenty of people will scream no to that.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    You know what I'd like to see?

Titans Grip letting you use a 2-Hander in your main hand, and Main Handers in your off hand. No more dual 2-Handers.

I think it makes more sense that way, and means there's a larger variety of weapons to choose from as well. If they balance it right, then it might be that the slow 2-Hander does most of the special damage, and the 1-Hander aids with white damage and rage generation.

Though I'm sure plenty of people will scream no to that.
    That was suggested already at the start of WoTLK when they had (to some extent they still do) problems balancing Titans Grip.

No I think it'll stay to be one or the other.