Honor in Battlegrounds - Confusive Mechanics?

I performed a simple test on my Rogue alt;
    I joined a Random Battleground (got SotA) and spent the ENTIRE time just walking around in Stealth, usually far far away from combat.

At the end of the SotA, the scoreboard looked like this:

(sorry if the picture looks bad )

Now the question here is, WHY was i awarded more Honor then some of my Teammates who were fighting and healing all the time?
    All of my Teammates were in this battle from the beginning of the first round, so we all had the same time spent.

To me, it seems that whatever mechanic Blizzard is using to determine honor rewards is utterly flawed and broken.
    I mean, how is it possible that i got more honor when i did no damage, no healing and have less HK then some of my teammates?

Blizzard is known for their occasional stupidity, but making a system that rewards people who do nothing in a BG is simply unbelievably retarded.
    If the system worked correctly, i should have been awarded no more then half of what my teammates got - if not even less.

Re: Honor in Battlegrounds - Confusive Mechanics?

the people under you might have joined later?

Lawl. This was your first battleground win of the day, so you got an 1800 honor boost. The people below you did not get their first win of the day.

""All of my Teammates were in this battle from the beginning of the first round, so we all had the same time spent.""
    So to put it simply, we were all there together from the beginning the whole time.

@Ormula
    I am not sure is that my first BG win of the day.
    So are ye saying that all the other 5000+ Honor teammates also had the first victory of the day?
    Kinda unlikely, but either way;

Why am i being awarded the same amount as everyone else when i did absolutely nothing?
    If the system worked right, i should have been awarded almost zero Honor (aside from any daily bonuses).
    This would definitely motivate players in BGs to do their job properly instead of leeching.

OP didn't get a bonus 1800. It was his first BG, so he got 3700 honor. Subtract that from his 5k total and hes under 2k honor, below all the other players on the team.

This photo demonstrates you are effectively leeching off of the efforts of others and being rewarded for it.

Why would you want to show this community that photo?

Yes the mechanics are broken. And yes they should ban people who habitually do nothing in BGs but bot or wantonly siphon honor off of the efforts of others.

Some of the players there may have queued for the Battleground specifically, thus losing out on the extra honor, regardless of if it was their first win of the day or not. A lot of people who need achievements queue specifically.

Also, Honor is awarded like this:

Capturing Flags/Objectives/Collecting Resource Points - Equal amount of honor to every player on the team.
    Victory/defeat - Set amount of honor depending on Call to Arms status/random status/if it is the first Random or Call to Arms win of the day.
    Honorable kill - flat rate divided by a number determined by the amount of players within range of the kill.

Thus, Joey the Hero who's killing passersby in the Field of Strife is getting near full honor for every one of his kills. Whereas Jack the sheep who's in the middle of the offensive push is getting (hopefully) far more kills for far less honor a piece. When they win, they get either:
    A) a ton of honor for their first CtA/Random victory
    B) a smaller amount of bonus honor if they've already won their first CtA/Random victory that day
    C) just the closing honor because they're a masochist and they specifically queue for Alterac Valley as Horde on BG9.

So in a way, yes, people who do less may get more honor than people who do more.

It's up to your teammates to mark you AFK if you leech. If they don't care that you are AFK/inactive (and that screenshot shows they obviously don't), then they don't deserve to care that you get as much/more honor than some of them.

Yes, I have seen that problem too.

The biggest issue I have is that the AFK system is really abused. People will mark you have AFK simply because they don't like the way you are playing or because they hate all Druids etc.

Moreover, forcing other players to play police is a bad way to do it. I come to play the game against the other team, not run riot on my fellow team mates. Looking around to determine who is AFK takes time and attention away from my game. And even then it doesn't stop people. I once reported someone AFK three times in the same battle and at the end they never go booted and they got all the honor and the scoreboard showed them at zero zero zero. So long as someone stays by the screen and moves around a little bit they can get away with it. In that case the person just rushed right into battle and died.

If you won the battle and got the PvP daily completed and your teammates already had done it, you could easily have gotten more.
    ~._.~