Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Emblems of Frost in 4.0

They did it with TBC and Vanilla didn't they? So why not WoTLK? Not like I can get the heroic versions of the gear without doing HEROIC VERSIONS of raids for it. I took a break during ToC and came back during FoTLK where you need a 5.8k GS to just do Maly for the weekly. Sure I hit 80 on my mage and got up to 5k GS on him within 48 hours, but I didn't sleep for those 48 hours. Hardly what I'd call "welfare" or "giving away free epixs".

Even if they just allowed you to be able to get 2 badges per heroics all the time (instead of only two per day) I think would be a good change in preparation for Cata. No one is going to be using that gear at 85 (besides RP) anyways.

More than likely, yes they will, I think it will happen well before 4.0 though.

The idea being that it will allow anyone who isn't caught up with the latest badge gear to have a greater chance to get it, and then use it to experience as much of the expansions raid content as they can before Cat.... and for people with alts if they want to collect it, or people who are newly 80.

Right now it takes a VERY VERY long time to collect even one piece of Frost Badge gear (2 badges a day). That's fine kinda, but they will want it to be very accessible before the expansion is over.

The gear in Cat will be a huge increase. they are not going slowly like in Wrath where you wore your T6 to 80. Cat level 78 Blues > T9

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKoil
    Tier gear is for raiders. At least... it used to be. I'm not all hardcore about raiding or anything, nor am I trying to be elitist in this post... But every player doesn't need nor deserve high level gear. Period. You deserve to get the gear you earn by running the appropriate level of content. In other words, if you are only good enough to get T7, even late in an Xpac, that by all means get your T7 in Naxx. If you are good enough to get T10, gratz on your T10 from ICC. If you are only good enough, or only have time enough to be in heroic epics / badge of heroism gear... then that's what you get. Giving away free gear bothers me.

I recall Blizzard stating that they know that they screwed up in TBC by allowing people to get T6 equivalent gear from badges of heroism, and that in WotLK this would not happen. They then recanted this and are basically giving away the 10M version of the tier gear from the current tier level to everyone who runs their daily heroic and weekly raid. This also gives those players the previous tier level gear in their off pieces via triumph badge gear.

I dunno, I'll end my rant there. It just bothers me that you can take a fresh 80, run several randoms a day for two weeks and have full T9 (232), 245 off pieces, and be well on your way to your first T10 (251) piece. That's just... wrong imo.

DK

Edit: spelling
    This.

I used to be a raider but now I only PuG and gear is too easy to get. Sure there are also hardmodes which are more difficult to PuG but for me they just aren't appealing.

1) They are still the same bosses, hardmode or not
    2) The loot, although better looks the same.
    3) The loot declines into useless garbage just like the normal mode gear and has to be replaced by badge or normal mode gear from the next tier raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    The gear in Cat will be a huge increase. they are not going slowly like in Wrath where you wore your T6 to 80. Cat level 78 Blues > T9
    if you are talking about that certain cape, it was either a typo by devs or an easymode cape to make testing instance mechanics, easymode...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    This exactly!