Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Stopping Starfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    Ok i'll bite, lets see! Gnaw, concussion blow, shockwave/charge/intercept stuns all stop SF's damage, AMZ/AMS to help reduce the damage.
    So you got severely out geared or outplayed, playing double dps in 2s isn't such a great idea anyway.
    Except the majority of their stuns will all share DR...

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik

I have eaten 10500 damage critical Starfall hit on 850 resilience. If that is normal, then i demand my pre SS nerf BS back NAO.
    Did one hit of the starfall do 10500 damage? I'd love that. Mine does 7-8k crits a tick, in icc, 25man, fully buffed with the 15% damage buff. I'd love to see a druid doing 10500 starfall ticks in arena on 850 resilience

Then don't randomly use em till he pops starfall? this comp should be able to pretty much lock a caster down with their double silence/interrupt not to mention AMZ/AMS. Also charge doesn't share DR with any other stuns.

There are multiple ways to stop it and most of them have allready beeing said, so my only advice is, change combo >.>

Quote Originally Posted by iosa23
    good post
    And that was not another

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    Then don't randomly use em till he pops starfall? this comp should be able to pretty much lock a caster down with their double silence/interrupt not to mention AMZ/AMS. Also charge doesn't share DM with any other stuns.
    Sure it's easy to say that, but not using any of your utility against a team just to save it for later isn't a valid tactic. Charge doesn't share DR with other stuns, that's true, but it's also just a 1 second stun and the primary distance closer a prot warrior will use. I'm not saying your tactics are completely invalid, just use some common sense and realize that saving cool downs just to counter one ability isn't necessarily a valid tactic because you're limiting your damage output and pressure you put on the other team.

I never said don't use any of your utility, i said save your stuns for when the moonkin pops starfall (mainly gnaw/concussion blow). I would have sympathized with the OP if he played a ret paladin or another class with weak anti caster cd but an UH DK + Prot war comp have all the tools they need to stop starfall.
    Ofcourse it isn't easy as it sounds otherwise everyone and their moms should have 2.5k rating by now don't ya think?
    PS. i know i fail @ typing >.>

Leacl

Sadly, silence DOES NOT stop starfall. I'v tried Avengers shield (with talent) on my prot ret pally for it COUNTLESS times and the starfall just keeps hitting me. But when i hit stun, it stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Leacl
    Sadly, silence DOES NOT stop starfall. I'v tried Avengers shield (with talent) on my prot ret pally for it COUNTLESS times and the starfall just keeps hitting me. But when i hit stun, it stops.
    A silence stops it. Stop making up stuff.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Fear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi
    A silence stops it. Stop making up stuff.
    Silence does not stop it. I've used CS and improved CS countless times to no avail. However, deep freeze, impact, dragon's breath and blast wave have all stopped it momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I could have sworn on my life that I've hit starfalling boomkins with silencing shot, and the starfall kept coming. Maybe before they cast it, but if I try to use it mid-effect, I got nothing.
    Silence is not gonna stop Starfall.
    The only "Out of control Character" effect I can think of is fear and stun.
    Silence has no effect on spells already cast.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Fear them.
    Stun them.
    Cyclone them.
    Prot warriors and Unholy DK's can Cyclone nao?
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik
    I run a Holy Pala/Arms warrior combo, i have died several times to Bumlust Shaman/boomkin, and Boomkin/warlock combo's. The simple burst that shit can pull is amazing. Generaly my paladin gets chain CC'ed and i explode under Shieldwall/enraged regen while being rooted to the horrible burst.

I have eaten 10500 damage critical Starfall hit on 850 resilience. If that is normal, then i demand my pre SS nerf BS back NAO.

Tho i admit i also bursted down my fair share of double dps Boomkins. But still, when you lose to them, it comes so fast that is imposible to really do anything about it. Just like the pre Destro nerf Ele/destro lock teams. Brrrrrrrrr.
    There is no way you got hit for over 10k with 1 starfall crit, it crits for like 7000 in icc 25 when i play my moonkin(decently geared), starfire tho however will and can crit big numbers, but thats on a long cast and should be interupted. I have been hit for close to 20k starfire in bg tho when I was on my hunter, I dont have a lot of resi on my hunter (800) and im guessing the moonkin might have have had berskering buff but starfall cirting for 10k? Not a chance.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Starfall is powerful and as already stated it is like Bladestorm on crack but it is something that you just need to learn to overcome. i'd say maybe with your comp instead of trying to save all stuns etc. for it (although having them available would be ideal to stop it) start using the major defensive cooldowns you have available to you. if you have a good amount of res as a prot warrior + shield wall you'll be golden and will sail through it tbh. use you defensive cooldowns in order to survive against the stuff that hits hard basically!

I hate this spell, one global for a stupid amount of pressure (and it's instant) /cheer.

But I guess it makes boomkins caster rogues. Unstoppable with their cooldowns, pretty lame without them.

Once a Hole, always a Hole.

If I stand still and do nothing I get killed by bladestorm. What is this nonsense?

10+ Year Old Account

every crowd controll affects starfall...

fear,stun,silence,sneezing,talking in a loud tone, blinking,twitching your nose....

Also about starfall as a cooldown...isnt it like less than a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Hole
    I hate this spell, one global for a stupid amount of pressure (and it's instant) /cheer.

But I guess it makes boomkins caster rogues. Unstoppable with their cooldowns, pretty lame without them.

Except, as a boomkin, it's like... cooldown* singular.

Quote Originally Posted by mafain
    Yes...except hes running prot war/dk, Who have several means of silence/stuns. Trinket one cop another. He also said unholy dk. AMZ to hold off the first first seconds of it, intercept stun, the perhaps concussive/shockwave/strangulate.

Theres really no excuse to be singling out one move. Could also stack devastate to make the moonkin less annoying

Well, as prot warrior dk they shouldn't be splitting their damage as their goal is killing fast. Unless they are sitting on a boomkin, high armored target vs a healer ( unless its a paladin) then they are crazy. It will take a ranged cc to hold them off.

Suppose its already been said, but lol rly. Starfall is in no way overpowered, its so easily countered where theres so many other spells which u can't. Fear, cyclone, stun, trap, horror etc. What? Like even bladestorm has less counters to it, besides.. Moonkins are rediciously underpowered when it comes to pvp in the term of surviving, blizzard didn't realise druid didn't need a dmg buff, they needed a survival buff. The one and ONLY defensive cooldown moonkins have is Barskin, and it can be dispelled when ur not resto, lol. Btw wtf, if ur playing prot / dk, first charge, stun, gnaw, aoe stun crap intercept?, ugh oh the starfall has fallen off druids best CD wasted gg.