Thread: Frost Gemming.

Frost Gemming.

I've seen these threads and I'm still unsure if it's the right choice. I am unfamiliar with running sims. Here is my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rrosh&cn=Moros

Which socket bonuses should I be going for? Should I be using 10 str + 10 crit over 20 str?
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Re: Frost Gemming.

Try using the relentless earthsiege meta, (21 agi, 3% crit damage) instead.
    Change the stam/str in your chest to a str and the one in your boots to 10stats
    For yellow, I believe it may be 6 str socket bonus is worth a str/crit, but not 100% sure on 4str bonus.
    Put a str in the cloak, armory shows it ungemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimii
    Try using the relentless earthsiege meta, (21 agi, 3% crit damage) instead.
    Change the stam/str in your chest to a str and the one in your boots to 10stats
    For yellow, I believe it may be 6 str socket bonus is worth a str/crit, but not 100% sure on 4str bonus.
    Put a str in the cloak, armory shows it ungemmed.
    Yeah just picked the cloak up tonight. This has been primarily an alt of mine, but he's getting a bit more geared, so now I'm interested in getting everything else right.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

if i remember correctly the general rule of thumb is, for every gem slot open you should have 3+ str in the socket bonus for it to be worth gemming a combined gem
    thus 1 slot needs 3 str
    2 slot need 6 str
    3 slot needs 9 str

last i heard it was str/crit you wanted, but i also heard some rum-int that str/haste was better for frost as of 3.3.3

i don't know the math on that yet and my info may be outdated.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

It all depends on what your APE values are but, this is how it generally works...

Simplified generalized APE's:
    Str ~3.0
    Crit ~2.0

20 str gem = 20(3) = 60
    10str/10crit = 10(3)+10(2) = 50

60 - 50 = 10 (this is the difference that must be overcome by the socket bonus)

10/3 = 3.3 (this is the socket bonus (strength) required to make gemming 10str/10crit better than 20str)
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I actually opted to go the str/haste route, gives rotation a smidgen more breathing room and parses seem to be nearly exactly the same if not more.