Macro not working as intended !

So I was in the holy paladin section reading, changing mains to paladin, and I saw helpful macros section. Seems great until I try to use the macro in question. Its suppose to check and see if u have a enemy or friend targeted, if enemy, cast judgment as normal, if friendly its suppose to cast judgement on your targets target with out deselecting your current target. But it doesnt do this, it targets my targets target ( so many targets =P ) leaving me to have to retarget say my tank, which can cause alot of issues in a hectic situation.

Here is the macro in question:
    #showtooltip Judgement of Light
    /cast [target=target,harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead] Judgement of Light

copy and pasted right from the site here. Any help would be great.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Re: Macro not working as intended !

Code:
    /cast [target=target,harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead] Judgement of Light
    /targetlasttarget
    Maybe this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    So I was in the holy paladin section reading, changing mains to paladin, and I saw helpful macros section. Seems great until I try to use the macro in question. Its suppose to check and see if u have a enemy or friend targeted, if enemy, cast judgment as normal, if friendly its suppose to cast judgement on your targets target with out deselecting your current target. But it doesnt do this, it targets my targets target ( so many targets =P ) leaving me to have to retarget say my tank, which can cause alot of issues in a hectic situation.

Here is the macro in question:

copy and pasted right from the site here. Any help would be great.
    I don't get it, it shouldn't target anything at all, since there is no /target in there, try this:

/cast [@target,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Judgement of Light

It really should work.

ps: silly question, but do you have english client? Some people forget about this sometimes.

This is the macro I use on my Holy Pally, it works.

/cast [harm][@targettarget,help]Judgement of Light

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    I don't get it, it shouldn't target anything at all, since there is no /target in there, try this:

/cast [@target,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Judgement of Light

It really should work.

ps: silly question, but do you have english client? Some people forget about this sometimes.
    Still targets my targets target. And yeah Im using the english client.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    This is the macro I use on my Holy Pally, it works.

/cast [harm][@targettarget,help]Judgement of Light
    This does nothing unless im targeting the the "boss".

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Alright.

With any spell except the three Paladin Judgement spells, that macro would cast the spell on the target of your target and your own target would never change. If you were to replace Judgement of Light with, for example, Holy Shock, that would zap your tank's target with Holy Shock and you'd keep your tank as your target the entire time.

Unfortunately, when you cast any Judgement spell using implied targeting in a macro, the cast forces your target to change to whatever unit was the target of the Judgement spell. This has been described as a "feature" not a "bug".

You can correct for this "feature" by adding the /targetlasttarget command, like so:

/cast [harm][@targettarget,harm]Judgement of Light
    /targetlasttarget [harm]

That will correct for the target switching most of the time, although it takes two button presses to get back to your tank.

However, what I recommend is that you keep the boss as your target and use mouseover heal frames such as Grid, Healbot, Vuhdo to heal your tank and the rest of your party. You'll find it a convenient method to track the boss's actions and its current buffs/debuffs.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Ok, well that makes sence. Thank you very much for that I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck was going on and why it wouldnt work. I do use grid plus clique, I've just got to get use to the binds that come along with it for my paladin :'(
    Thanks again for that and everyone elses suggestions.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry