Thread: Rotface 25 bug?

Rotface 25 bug?

Hello,

My guild merged with another 10 man guild and we killed Rotface-25 on our first two weeks together. Last night we went for number 3. Based on our Festergut-25 kill our dps was the highest ever, 153,000 raid dps.

Rotface owned us. The oozes were spawning at a very fast rate. We actually had to confirm that heroic mode wasn't activated, it wasn't. At the 3-4 minute mark we had two Big oozes explode (5 little oozes merged) and then still had 3 little oozes out. That's 13 little guys up at the same time.

We checked known bug forums and nothing has been reported.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks

Re: Rotface 25 bug?

After every explosion they spawn faster, 153k raid dps is low, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    This and at 30% he ignores his cooldown and chains 3 little oozes as soon as the debuffs get dispelled

Also, unless 25man is different, they don't seem to spawn any quicker on hardmode 10man.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

The way it works is he puts the disease every: 15sec > 15sec > 14sec > 14sec > 13sec > 13sec > 12sec > 12sec... Or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    153k dps is about 9k average assuming 17dps. That's not trivial, and certainly more than enough for this fight.

anyway, sounds to me like your people aren't moving properly and you're probably getting multiple large oozes that are nuking people. That is, unless your healers are just awful, or you have people too spread out when the ooze explosion is starting.

Maybe it's just me, but what exactly was the reason you wiped?

3-4 min into the fight oozes *will* spawn every few seconds, heroic or not. As long as your raidmembers are kiting them towards eachother and the combined ooze gets properly kited, you shouldn't have any issues. Sure, having to move on explosions will impede your dps a bit, but this far into the fight he should be < 20% anyway.

just make sure your raid doesn't stand unnecessarily in the cone-AoE effect, and move to a safespot during the explosion.... kill, loot, next boss? With 150k raid dps you shouldn't have any problems with this boss, not even if it was indeed on heroic somehow.

Re: Rotface 25 bug? Response to Callypso

After having done it successfully 2 weeks in a row, last night seemed to have excessively fast little oozes spawning.

We wipe because we had big oozes, little oozes everywhere. I'm always the kite tank. We had to get a second kite tank as I was getting overwhelming. Big ooze in the center, me with two big oozes trying to merge them. Little oozes everywhere, big oozes in the raid pile. Other tank with more big oozes......

We had the highest dps we've ever brought to that fight and go him down easily before.

Just seemed to be a bug where the oozes came out to fast.

We were averaging one ooze per 13 seconds on our successful kills. (slower at first, faster later on). My raid leader hasn't posted our logs yet, but it seemed to be way way wayyyyyyyyyy faster than that. Just trying to get an explanation not towards how to kill rotface (we have) but why oozes might be spawning faster.

-Regards