Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Shadowy Apparition:
    How do these work? Also, can they be damaged? Avoided? Do they eventually despawn, or are they like a bolt that has been launched, eventually going to hit the target? Do they have a minimum range, or target things not in combat?
    --Currently they target -your- target (if hostile), regardless of who they spawned from (regarding Shadow Word: Pain's ticks), so you can trail multiples of this onto one target. Visual NYI. Spawning while moving seems to be intended as a way to continue damage, when you are unable to during mobile fights. However, they do not change targets upon target death (but this also helps with Hunters Feigning Death, or Shaman Reincarnating)
    --Clarification is required for the other questions
    Shadowy Apparitions have now been updated.

While before they were basically a slow proc of Timbal's Focusing Crystal, at the moment they proc an actual copy of your character, like a Shadowform Mirror Image. This copy is a Guardian with 5 health. So far I have only been testing it on mobs, so I am not sure if they can be targeted and killed by other players, but I'll update this when I have had a chance to check. They cannot be "avoided" as they will always walk towards their target. They have also been fixed to proc and move towards the target that the SW: P was on, instead of your current target.

The change to a Guardian means that if the target they are walking towards dies before they reach them, the Apparition will walk back over to you and attack another of your targets instead of just being wasted. I have not seen them simply despawn, if there are no mobs left for them to attack they will simply follow you until you attack something else.

Updated, and added some tags to new or modified questions/answers. I hope to keep this in better shape.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

To answer the question, yes sanctuary is ground targeted.... much like Mass Dispel

Sexy.

Not sexy yet.... the ground effect isn't skinned yet, so it just looks like white ground; and the actual healing radius is nearly impossible to figure out. (The white ground is bigger than the actual healing radius)

Well, White ground is obviously a placeholder for a real animation for our "Healsecration", which will likely be sized correctly. But the knowledge, itself, is "sexy" from my point of a forum mod and as a Priest. I'm happy that I know things are happening, and a couple people out there are working on amswers for the rest of us!

When you beta-empowered people hit lvl 85, I have one question:

What is the spirit regen coefficient at level 85?
    Just give me your intellect, spirit, in-combat regen and maybe out-of-combat regen as listed on your character sheet and I'll figure it out, but you need to be lvl 85 for it to make any sense. Also, feel free to tell me if you are using holy concentration. I'm still not quite clear on how that talent works

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Well, White ground is obviously a placeholder for a real animation for our "Healsecration", which will likely be sized correctly. But the knowledge, itself, is "sexy" from my point of a forum mod and as a Priest. I'm happy that I know things are happening, and a couple people out there are working on amswers for the rest of us!
    Small update on this point, the placeholder graphic has been updated and now looks like a slightly more bugged version of the ground effect for Healing Rain. Since the original white ground/ice effect was also the same as the original Healing Rain ground effect, this makes more sense.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Minor things:

-Curiously Sanctuary healing over time procs Echo of Light.
    -Prayer Chakra state affects Prayer of Mending and Divine Hymn.
    -Lightwell Renew is unaffected by crit, haste or echo of light.
    -The new Lightwell's range is outstanding, but the well needs something to know when we are at range, maybe a ground aura.
    -Desperate Prayer still costs no mana, even if its cooldown has been reverted to 2 min.

I hate Chakra animation, is really anoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Raid Buffs/Debuffs:
    Leap of Faith:
    Does it break Shadowform? Is it on the GCD? Can you cast while being "Gripped"? Is there a Threat Drop associated with this ability, or any other secondary effects (including Cooldown) possibly related to spec? Is there a debuff, to prevent multiple Priests from chaining the effects, and does it suffer from Diminishing Returns?
    It is a Holy spell and thus breaks Shadowform. It is off GCD. You cannot cast while being gripped, and in fact it will interrupt spellcasting. The gripped target will always be facing the same direction you are when casting) There are currently, no secondary effects from LoF (even if specc'd for B&S but that is bugged). It does not appear to suffer from DR.

Edit: doesnt break shadowform
    Last edited by derevka; 2010-09-06 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    It is a Holy spell and thus breaks Shadowform. It is off GCD. You cannot cast while being gripped, and in fact it will interrupt spellcasting. The gripped target will always be facing the same direction you are when casting) There are currently, no secondary effects from LoF (even if specc'd for B&S but that is bugged). It does not appear to suffer from DR.

Edit: doesnt break shadowform
    Did something change since Derevka posted his Edit?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I want a confirmation on this.

edit: Thanks Kaesebrezen.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-09-08 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I don't know. I want a confirmation on this.
    Since there hasn't been a patch since the introduction of Level 85 Cap and i too can cast it in Shadowform, i'd confirm it for now.

But since the target limitation for party/raid currently bugs, Inner Will not reducing LoF manacost, things could chance really fast.

And I guess you have to face the target to cast it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    And I guess you have to face the target to cast it?
    That's correct too[COLOR="red"]

Now targets only party/raidmember and is correctly classified as a holy spell, so no more usage without dropping shadowform.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2010-09-10 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for Beta testers...

Can the heal from Atonement crit and possibly proc Divine Aegis? Or rather if the Smite crits does the heal also crit?

(Atonement: When you deal damage with Smite, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 8 yards equal to [15%/30%/45%] of the damage dealt.)

Already asked. The last time, it was a "no", but this may actually have changed since last implementation.

Don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but can Atonement heal the Disc Priest who is casting Smite? The tooltip seems a bit hazy on this (to me anyway) but it could be useful for those who want to level up as Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tustavus View Post
    Don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but can Atonement heal the Disc Priest who is casting Smite? The tooltip seems a bit hazy on this (to me anyway) but it could be useful for those who want to level up as Disc.
    It can, but you need to be within range of the mob you are smiting.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Awesome, that will be helpful in getting to 85. My next question involves glyphs.

Does Renew scale with haste the same way if it is glyphed or not? I.e. will it tick equally fast glyphed or unglyphed? If it does, it could become very, very strong (with +25% to each tick and the possibility of adding more ticks.)

Hopefully I worded my question clearly enough for an answer, sometimes I am terrible at wording questions :|