Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: When to stop wearing Heirloom Gear

As others have said, chest and shoulders until 80. Trinkets get replaced pretty quickly after entering WOTLK content, as there are better ones. Weapon(s) it really depends, you can pretty easily get blue items in WOTLK through quests or dungeons that rivel the BoA and grant stats they dont have, plus there are some really, really cheap enchants that you can get on blue items at that level. On my DK I replaced the BoA axe the second I hit 70, as Rune of the Fallen Crusader is better then anything you could possibly enchant on it.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah once you hit 80 is a good time to stop

trinkets you can ditch well before 80... they kinda suck

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios
    I am currently levelling a tank in Outlands and got my Recolored Valor Chest and Shoulders from Slave Pens and Underbog, gemmed them with the Northrend green stam gems, and guess what, now at 65 (got them at 62) Heirloom gear is still vastly inferior for tanking.
    Ya cuz those outlands dungeons on normal are so gosh darn harsh you just need every last bit of stamina to survive them.

If you're the worst player on the planet, that is.

The exp boost form the herosim chest and shoulders only applies when you kill the mob. So if you are planning on healing or tanking it might not be the best choice(especially for tanking).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spongemike
    The exp boost form the herosim chest and shoulders only applies when you kill the mob. So if you are planning on healing or tanking it might not be the best choice(especially for tanking).
    Incorrect. It applies to all forums of EXP gains (quests, mobs, "bonuses" from Random BGs, etc.)

15+ Year Old Account

when you get better
    changed when they added the heirloom chest

Deleted

XP is shared in a party regardless of if you hit it or not.

You have to be in range ofcrorse

10+ Year Old Account

___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios
    aaand 90% of the posters here are just clueless..
    Seriously people.. stop having nerdgasms over heirloom gear, mostly for tanks, they suck a lot. See the following example:

I am currently levelling a tank in Outlands and got my Recolored Valor Chest and Shoulders from Slave Pens and Underbog, gemmed them with the Northrend green stam gems, and guess what, now at 65 (got them at 62) Heirloom gear is still vastly inferior for tanking.
    wrong

you can tank prewrath 5 mans in resto heirloom gear if you wanted

I suppose you could swap out for weapons as early as level 35, if you were willing to regularly enchant your weapon with BC enchants or better... but not only do I question how worthwhile that would actually be, it seems like a great deal of money/materials for weapons you know you'll be tossing by the wayside in very short order anyways...

Depends.

The haste-trinkets are awful for all melee that isn't enhancement, and there are no good tank-heirlooms - at all.

I ended up using only Mass of McGovan for my Pal, after starting out wearing resil-shoulder and valor-chest.