Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: how i would like tiers to look in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo
    ex we kill ragnaros. we obtain orb of ragnaros (random item is random) we take this orb to our factions armor vendor and adds it to the chest slot item. on the armor will now apear the orb of ragnros. ur chest pice now glows and has small fires coming out of it. this will apply to t12 13 an 14 aswell
    I really like this idea as well!

i think all tiers shoudl be faction seperated and work like pvp gear

im not saying like t9 all plate sets should look alike i dont think thats a good idea

my idea is this

t11 should look like the basic set of armor. its apearance should upgrade in the current tier aswell, not just be dropped in it

ex: the first raids we are doing will be the fire lands and black wing decent. on the basic set of t11 once complete the bosses like rag and nefarian(victor). our shoulders can be upgraded(plus fee so its a sink) for an enchantment for the item (will stack with normal enchants) and allow for decorations to be added to the armor. ex we kill ragnaros. we obtain orb of ragnaros (random item is random) we take this orb to our factions armor vendor and adds it to the chest slot item. on the armor will now apear the orb of ragnros. ur chest pice now glows and has small fires coming out of it. this will apply to t12 13 an 14 aswell. each of these cnchants is for looks only.

but yes like pvp gear it should upgrade in look as u go up in the tier
    Quite frankly you would look like a clown with so many multicolored things on your armor.
    God; I hate you people.

i wasnt thinking of that but yes i guess u could

maybe a quest line before paying the fee. thats always fun
    Such is the opinion of a man who has only a few alts.

Sorry but the whole upgrade path in that manner is entirely counter to what blizz has been doing from the start of LK and how they've said they'd like us to upgrade. I agree that it would be nice to see real difference in faction sets, and hopefully they at least offer that for PvP gear this time around since they are going more with battlegrounds now.

Really the way they are setting things up, grind points -> trade points for gear, is probably the best way all around. Especially considering how they are trying to stop stat-inflation and going to single-raid lockouts for both 10 and 25.

I would love to see my character a bit more.
    If i was a warrior, i would understand it was pretty much normal that i was armored to the teeth of full plate.. but as a shamy I expect to actually see my troll under some epic looking rags, but not losing my troll. I mean, wtf, a shaman is supposed to have tribal look, not hunter (tier 9) or some weird frost witch... Something on the style of the shaman tier 2 but even more distinctive...

Since we are on northrend i understand such thing as frost witch raiment existence, but in cata i sure hope something more "summer"...

For my priest on the other hand, i would like less fel-energy-coloring... i mean cmon, my priest on tier 10 251 looks like an illidan envoy, and on 261 looks like a more powerful one... and sure, i will soon get my 277 -.- which still hasn't really got the "priest" coloring as did for example the ulduar tier, or the naxxramas tier........

Also, keep the awesomeness of lock tiers
    Mahavailo - Ragnaros
    Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account

It wouldn't work if it were to maintain the previous raid's theme/ influence as it scaled up.

For example, Ragnaros would give a fiery theme, then Neptulon would give a water effect. Then Deathwing would give metal plates and more fire/lava. It would look too cluttered; there are too many themes to incorperate into too small an item.

I know Uldum probably/ definitely won't be a raid and there will be more tiers but oh well, it's done now I can't be bothered to go back and fix it.

If you were to ignore the previous tier's effects however (due to it becoming too complicated), then you're effectively just basing armour around the raid it's from which is what Blizzard are already doing.

If you were to simply upgrade it as the tiers progressed to look better, like they did with PvP gear, then it would end up over-the-top, as the current Wrathful gear looks. They have to make the initial tier look good, upgrading upon an already decent looking set inevitably just<a href="http://www.hordereview.com/wp-conten...rmor-Set.png"> ends with more sparkle and spikes</a>.

Sorry about any typos or flawed logic/ misunderstandings, I'm very tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantlet <High-Warchief of the Guantletians>
    I liked it better when Tier pieces where every piece of armor you had excluding the cloak, neck, rings and trinkets
    I too miss the tier armors like 1, 2, 3, and 6 where you had 8 pieces (helm, chest, shoulders, gloves, wrists, belt, pants, boots) instead of just 5 (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, pants). I can understand if they wouldn't include wrists and belt (you almost never see bracers). But the cosmetic thing brought up in the OP would be nice. But the rest of it... not so much. I would much rather get brand new looking armor for each tier. And please, make tier gear unique in appearance, not like in WotLK where dungeon drops looked exactly like tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta
    I too miss the tier armors like 1, 2, 3, and 6 where you had 8 pieces (helm, chest, shoulders, gloves, wrists, belt, pants, boots) instead of just 5 (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, pants). I can understand if they wouldn't include wrists and belt (you almost never see bracers). But the cosmetic thing brought up in the OP would be nice. But the rest of it... not so much. I would much rather get brand new looking armor for each tier. And please, make tier gear unique in appearance, not like in WotLK where dungeon drops looked exactly like tier gear.

which was just like t5+ in bc

This could be pretty cool, one thing i was thinking for gear is have this gear list, as you level all gear that you have obtained or could have obtained (Besides raiding and pvp items, for those only if you have obtained them unless they are from say vanilla where most the tier looks will be gone since the cataclysm happens most likely those raids wont exist anymore) you have the option to switch the model of the gear you have now with some of the other models, it is a bit sketchy but it could help characters look different and help roleplayers by letting them have less gear to lug around and save them some gold from buying all the gear they want just because of the looks.

NO MORE faces on shields and armor for warriors... pls

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    NO MORE faces on shields and armor for warriors... pls
    with uldum im sure we will have some

as for plate on warriors.... deathwing hits hard

10+ Year Old Account

I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

with uldum im sure we will have some

as for plate on warriors.... deathwing hits hard
    i think he meant faces on the armor, it has been a bit overused with warrior gear along with spikes on every blasted corner of the gear

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    i think he meant faces on the armor, it has been a bit overused with warrior gear along with spikes on every blasted corner of the gear

yea

but as for what the guy said before with the crazy drawings

it be cool if u could combine neptuions and rags orbs into a purple glowing thing
    al'akir would be on ur shoulders
    thelazne(sp) would be on ur boots and give u an earth shattering walk affect like the illidan fel fire walking thing

As long as we're done with skulls on EVERYTHING, I'm happy.

After seeing the Grim Batol items, I'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubling
    Oh, you mean something like this?
    Definitely a rogue Set.

On topic: I aprove the idea. If we had upgradable tiers like our T10, changing not only in color but also the model, (like the current pvp ones) it would be awesome.
    This IF the tier looks reeeeealy good. Otherwise i would rather have diferent tiers with unique looks.
    AND if we dont end up with overcomplicated random stuff all over the equipment just because there was nothing left to add...
    Please, no lightbulbs and no "look at me" upgrades for rogues. ;D (see above)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vypie
    Oh, you mean something like this?
    Definitely a rogue Set.

On topic: I aprove the idea. If we had upgradable tiers like our T10, changing not only in color but also the model, (like the current pvp ones) it would be awesome.
    This IF the tier looks reeeeealy good. Otherwise i would rather have diferent tiers with unique looks.
    AND if we dont end up with overcomplicated random stuff all over the equipment just because there was nothing left to add...
    Please, no lightbulbs and no "look at me" upgrades for rogues. ;D (see above)

hmm we could add that to how the tier sets work, base tier and then we upgrade its look for the .5 variation