PvP warlock shadow bolt enhancing talents.

Simple question for pvp affliction-

Bane

or

Improved Shadow Bolt

Basically 10% shadow bolt damage and 5% crit or .5 secs off the cast time of it

I'd think that the 5% crit would be helpful aswell as a trash debuff on targets but i'm not sure if its better....

Re: PvP warlock shadow bolt enhancing talents.

well i can say that none of those talents are in the usual pvp affliction spec, but if u must choose one then it should be imp shadow bolt. in my playing style i never cast shadow bolt. just run around doting people up and using the nightfall procs only. so 5% crit and 10% damage is more useful
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

I'm pretty sure traditionally Affliction goes down into Demonolgy instead of Destro for PvP, unlike in PvE. Soul Link and instant demons, don'tcherknow.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Neither, 54/17/0 is as close to the standard you'll get for affliction pvp.

Just stack your dots on a haunted target and lifedrain, use nightfall procs when you get them and drain soul under 25%. Shadow casting just doesn't exist, even with eradication up and heavy passive haste bolt spam isn't worth it and losing demo talents to try a bolt spam spec is fail.

Interesting, I was always told to get the shadow bolt talents for aff pvp. Seems the people that where telling me didn't know squat. lol

well i'm not talking arena very much but more BG pvp. I don't spec into a reduced demon cast time because in a bg i usually don't lose my pet very often and if i do, i'm either dead anyway or far enough away just to hard summon him.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...msPOgx_,,11723

Is the spec i'm talking about with 2 points to throw around (5 in imp shadow bolt atm but could be in bane).

15+ Year Old Account

you skip both in arena
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    well i'm not talking arena very much but more BG pvp. I don't spec into a reduced demon cast time because in a bg i usually don't lose my pet very often and if i do, i'm either dead anyway or far enough away just to hard summon him.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...msPOgx_,,11723

Is the spec i'm talking about with 2 points to throw around (5 in imp shadow bolt atm but could be in bane).
    you still want soul link unless you want to die quick and painfull...

you don't want those 5 points in shadow embrace, drop those and pick up +range and eradication.

as for your last 2 points drop em in either imp. fear or imp. lifetap

15+ Year Old Account

The reason you don't find a way to work in shadow bolt enhancing talents is that mid to high level arena play will not let you cast a shadow bolt, almost ever. You need to specifically work to give yourself room to shadow bolt, but that opens you up for shadow lockout. Shadow lock out is what Winnie the Pooh calls A-Very-Bad-Thing.

Thus you use searing pain instead.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    The reason you don't find a way to work in shadow bolt enhancing talents is that mid to high level arena play will not let you cast a shadow bolt, almost ever. You need to specifically work to give yourself room to shadow bolt, but that opens you up for shadow lockout. Shadow lock out is what Winnie the Pooh calls A-Very-Bad-Thing.

Thus you use searing pain instead.

Well yea searing pain would be advised for arenas. Except i'm not doing arenas......
    I arena on my dk and he is the only one i can really handle (god i hate casters in arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    you still want soul link unless you want to die quick and painfull...
    Its already in there.

Yeah for affliction pvp def go down demo. I used to have a affliction/destro build for pvp and it did alright, the shadow bolt spam definitely gave a bit of burst. But the SL build and insta demons gives over the top survivability.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]

"ok one down...get that druid....wait...the druid is dead??"

15+ Year Old Account

I know you said you don't play Arenas and stick to Battlegrounds, but you have to remember that this does not mean people who play Arenas don't play Battlegrounds. You have to know that you could be facing off against Gladiator-rank people in BG's and know that Shadow Bolt isn't going to work against them.

Which is a better response from this forum: "yeah shadow bolts are fine in bg's" only to discover that it doesn't work very well
    or "searing pain, shadow bolt when you can do the set up safely" only to discover that searing pain doesn't hit very hard?

You can correct the damage issue by playing a bit more risky or relying on it less. You can't correct bad advice that doesn't work very often.

R.I.P. YARG

Shadowbolts in pvp as affliction should be cast only when under the effect of nightfall.
    Doing so any other time leaves you open to the risk of locking out the shadow school which is not a good thing.
    Searing pain may not hit as hard, but is not as much of a liability.
    There are enough useful spells in affliction which are a silence target without another with minmal utility.
    As from that you can conclude that the talents supporting it are of minimal to no benefit with cast time being pointless on an instant, and a +5% crit chance being very minimal and requiring that prior instant shadowbolt anyway to apply it, so meaning very little uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I agre searing pain is the go to spell for affliction as a nuke.

Problem is that i find myself very often in a situation where i can get some clean casts off. Which of those 2 talents would increase my total overall damage the most?

15+ Year Old Account

Then you cast shadow bolt, but it's not worth talenting.

Shadow bolt = Shadow Embrace stacks = more damage.

R.I.P. YARG